Before it starts

Voice

Today's quote is...

 

CHAPTER 33

 

“AHHHH!!! INFINITE H CONCERTS!!” Donghae and Ryeowook yelled excitedly.

 

Truth to be told, they are extremely excited when Sungmin presented them the tickets. Together, they crushed Sungmin into a tight hug.

 

“THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH MINNIE!” They screamed, jumping together with her.

 

“How did you get this anyway? I thought the tickets were already sold out.”

 

“Well…in case you’ve forgotten, one of the members is my uncle.” They grinned sheepishly by the realization.

 

“Kyahh!! Thank you Minnie!” they shouted happily.

 

A snort by the side was suddenly heard. They turned and see Eunhyuk deadly staring at them.

 

“What’s so special about this concert anyway? It looks so simple.” He criticized.

 

Donghae, Ryeowook and Sungmin look at each other. They hold their laughter by the obvious jealousy shown on Eunhyuk’s face.

 

“Oh, baby. Don’t give me that face.” Donghae moved closer her sulking boyfriend, “It’s an opportunity for us to have some fun right? Furthermore, it’s free~~” she sang while swinging the ticket in front of Eunhyuk to tempt him.

 

And tempted he is as his eyes followed exactly where the ticket moves. Only an idiot who would push such luck away, he knew that. He’s not really a fan of that idol, but he did truly admire with their dance and music. Since he and the girlfriend were a fan of music, so it doesn’t hurt to just attend it. Furthermore, as said by Donghae, it’s free. Eunhyuk grinned.

 

“Just because it’s free.” He commented.

 

The other smiled happily and high five by the response. He does have the point there.

 

///

 

So, two days later, as promised, Sungmin and her friends gathered at the Infinite H’s concert. Certainly, they all had a hell of good time at the concert. It was the first ever for Sungmin to have so much fun with friends like that. It makes her never regretted of going back to Korea after all.

 

Sungmin wanders around the backstage alone. The washroom was quite far from the waiting room but she didn’t feel much afraid actually. It was not her first time being in a concert, so she knew almost every nook of the stages and everything related.

 

Ding

 

A message from Yunho arrived.

 

Where are you? We’re waiting.

 

Sungmin smile by the concern. She was too focused on her phone that he didn’t realize some stages props by the hallway. Her shoulder accidentally touched and one of it weighted the others and started to fall.

 

Sungmin watch out!

 

A voice emerged suddenly and in the nick of time, Sungmin jumped from her stay.

 

Klang!!!

 

Sungmin’s heart thumping hard by the shock. Her eyes widened three times larger than usual. The props fall exactly just next to her. If only she didn’t escape on time, she might already been injured by it. But that is not all.

 

“Sungmin!!” she turned behind and saw Kyuhyun came running towards her.

 

“Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?” he asked worriedly.

 

Sungmin was still in blank state. She blinked repeatedly.

 

“Kyukyu…” she called.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Was it…your voice?”

 

Kyuhyun automatically frowned by the sudden and unexpected question.

 

“Voice? What do you mean? I didn’t hear any voice. I was searching for you just now. Suddenly, I heard loud noise, and when I came, you are already on the floor.” Kyuhyun explained.

 

Sungmin blinked again, slowly processing Kyuhyun’s words.

 

“Sungmin? Are you really okay?” Kyuhyun questioned again, really fret with Sungmin’s silence.

 

Sungmin stares at him long and slowly she nodded. Kyuhyun sighed out of relief.

 

“You scare me.” he said, “Here, let me help you.” Sungmin stands back on her feet holding onto Kyuhyun’s hand.

 

“Let’s get to the others. They might be worry.” Still with confused look, Sungmin nodded her head and followed Kyuhyun blankly.

 

Inside her heart, a strange feeling begins to grow. The voice she just heard, telling her to watch out just now, who does it belong too? She ponders alone. But, apart from that, something tells her that the voice means no harm to her even though it is still unknown.

 

///

 

“Woo-kun!” the door of waiting room spread opened.

 

“Ah! Sungminie!!” Dongwoo immediately stands up and rushed to Sungmin’s side, giving her a bear hug, “I miss you so much, hime.” He confessed.

 

Sungmin giggled softly.

 

“I miss you too, Woo-kun. Though we live together.” She teased.

 

She and Dongwoo laughed together.

 

“Wow…”

 

Dongwoo noticed Sungmin’s friend from behind, mouth opened wide staring at them. They are amazed as soon as they stepped inside the back-stage.

 

“Hi, I’m glad that you both came.” Dongwoo patted the two girls who grinned happily by the touch.

 

“You are awesome oppa!” they exclaimed in high spirit.

 

“Everything was perfect! The song, the dance! All are GREAT!” Donghae screamed excitedly.

 

“I…I…love the rap too!” Ryeowook added, shuttering because of the happiness.

 

“Hahaha…I’m happy for you.” He said, patting both of them.

 

Donghae and Ryeowook beamed by the gentleness. They really are grateful to have known Sungmin in their life. It never crossed in mind that they are able to see their idols up-close like that.

 

“Dongwoo, we gotta go.” The manager called, as he still needs to attend some more schedules for the day.

 

“Okay, I’m coming.”  He turned to the girls looking at him, “Sorry that I couldn’t join you for supper. Let Yunho treat you everything, okay?” Sungmin nodded.

 

“See you at home, Minnie hime.” She patted Sungmin’s cheek for the last time and leave together with the manager.

 

“Yay! Thank you so much Minnie!!” they hugged Sungmin tight.

 

They all laughed happily.

 

Dongwoo.

 

Sungmin stiffened again. She turned behind her and wondered again. That voice. Where and why that voice does come again? And why her uncle?

 

Dongwoo, outside of the room also turned behind looking at the hallway. He didn’t hear anything but his guts telling something. Some sort of a warning.

 

“Dongwoo! What are you doing?! Hurry up!” his manager called.

 

He looked at the empty hall way for the last time and hurriedly followed the manager.

 

///

 

Late that night, Sungmin couldn’t fall asleep. She got up and stares into the night sky alone. There’s something stuck in her mind but she just couldn’t figure it out what it is. She feels someone nudging on her hand while she was lost in thought. She smiled upon meeting eyes with her pet, Kon.

 

“Sorry for waking you up, Kon.” She said to the pet.

 

It’s okay. What are you thinking, Sungminie? Kon tilted his head to the side cutely.

 

“It’s nothing big. I just can’t fall asleep.” Sungmin answered, sort of understood what the pet is saying.

 

Kon moved and climb onto Sungmin’s lap. He shifted here and there to find a comfortable position. Sungmin smiles sweetly and brushed Kon’s furs gently. She puts her gaze on the sky again.

 

“Hey Kon, do you think umma and appa are watching me from above?” she asked, referred to the two bright shining stars in the sky.

 

“Sometimes, it makes me wonder why I couldn’t remember much about my parents. Did something happened, Kon?”

 

Maybe.

 

“Maybe?” Sungmin chuckled, “Stupid me. You came into my life later than the incident, how you could know the story.”

 

She continued on brushing the pet’s fur. Truthfully, she really didn’t remember much about her parents. She remembered being friends with Kyuhyun a long time ago. But, she couldn’t remember what was the cause of their separation. According to Kyuhyun, Sungmin left Korea so suddenly. No one expected for it especially him.

 

Sungmin was still thinking about her past. She remembered that her uncles once told her that she didn’t need to force herself to remember if she couldn’t. They said, they didn’t want to stress her about something that has already gone. Sungmin knew that they are concerned and only want to protect her, but what she didn’t understand is to protect from what?

 

Sungmin sighed heavily. The wind blows swiftly, giving a chill to her bone.

 

“Let’s sleep Kon.”

 

She carried the pet in her arms and closed the window tightly. She then put Kon gently on the softy cushion next to her bed and laid herself onto the bed. She decided that maybe the night is not the right time for her to think about the past. She closed her eyes slowly and fall into deep slumber.

 

///

 

~At school~

 

Amber was walking alone with a phone in one hand typing a message to her BFF, Henry. They’re having a practice later, so she insisted for the boy to join them. While she was walking, and focused on her phone she heard a voice singing inaudibly. Perking her ears closely, se cane into Ryeowook from the window, singing beautifully. The wind blows swiftly, pushing her hair to the back making almost like a music video. It mesmerizing and Amber couldn’t tear her eyes away from the elder. She envies Ryeowook truthfully.

 

Apart from running away from Henry, Yesung’s girlfriend is actually one of the reasons why she came to Korea. Why? Because she is in love with Yesung. Yes, she has a crush on Yesung. She was heartbroken and couldn’t believe it when she heard from Sungmin that Yesung found a lover in Korea. She wanted so much to know the truth that she decided to fly away to Korea to seek the truth. And the truth breaks her even more. Her intention of hating the girl of Yesung crushed completely after knowing it’s Ryeowook. How could she hate her if she’s so kind to her? She kept asking the same question and didn’t get any answer at all.

 

Ever since Amber was a small girl, many kids because of her looks and attitude which resembled so much a boy. Almost every day, she went home crying and with bruises because of fighting. She has always thought that all the boys are cruel. She was in primary school when she was introduced to the Kim siblings. Just like the other boys, the younger Kim makes fun of her appearance. She cried and run away from the house. It was then Yesung came into her life, saving her like a real hero.

 

Flashback.

 

“Why are you crying?” Yesung asked in Korean.

 

Amber blinked her eyes repeatedly, obviously didn’t understand the language the boy’s using. Her tears fall even more as she misunderstood that he is also mocking her with the alien language.

 

“Ah…ah…Hey, don’t cry.” Yesung flustered as he tried to explain in panic.

 

But…but…everyone is…everyone is….” Amber sobbed.

 

“Hey.” Yesung holds both of her cheeks, “It’s…al…right.” Yesung said word by word, showing his sincerity to the little girl.

 

Amber sniffed. She still couldn’t understand a word Yesung is saying but she could feel something from Yesung’s touch. Her tears gradually subside and she wipes the remaining tears with the back of her hands. Yesung heaved out a sigh in relief. He flashed his best smile towards the girl. Amber was star-struck.

 

Flashback end.

 

It was love at first sight. People call it puppy love since she’s still a kid at that time. But, as long as she remembered, the love she had to Yesung is real and more than just a normal love. Amber wakes up from her past remembrance and looks upfront. Ryeowook is still there by the tree practicing her song.

 

Just then, Henry arrived at where she was.

 

“Josephine.” Henry called out but to receive no response from her.

 

He sees that Amber is in daze looking elsewhere. His eyes followed her vision and his expression fell. He can sense the feel of hatred and loves in Amber’s eyes. He sighed and faster his pace towards the said girl.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

“Eh? Henry?” without explaining, Henry just pulls Amber to follow him away from there.

 

Amber was confused at first. Where on earth did he come so suddenly? And why did he act that way? But then, after a few steps away from the place, she relaxed. The grip on Henry’s hand seems fitted with hers. She thought that maybe she didn’t need the explanation after all.

 

 

TBC