Clear day

Voice

Chapter 22

 

Sungmin and her friends start a new life at their school. They determine to protect Sungmin from any bullies and will forever trust her no matter what happen. They didn’t want the same thing to happen again. Furthermore, Yesung also openly announces that he and Ryeowook is officially a couple which makes Donghae and Sungmin crushed the girlfriend into a tight hug. They are indeed happy for her friend.

 

“Minnie, I’m sorry for hurting you. And accusing you.” Ryeowook apologized, again.

 

“No. I’m just happy for you, Wookie.” She hugs her friend even more.

 

Sungmin still don’t speak much. Even if she did, she will only do so when there are only them and in a very soft voice. She was still afraid about other people perception on her. Without her knowing, Kyuhyun went to confront with Seohyun and warns her group to never bother Sungmin again.

 

“Why Kyu?! I love you!” Seohyun cried.

 

“But, I don’t.” he said, harsh.

 

Seohyun and the girl gasp when they hear the answer.

 

“Please don’t bother me anymore, Seohyun. And I will appreciate it if you just leave me alone.” He said more, and just leaves the place, ignoring the pleas and cries from Seohyun.

 

It is the truth anyway. He never thinks Seohyun more than just a friend. He has always been loyal to one girl only. Though he never confesses to the girl, he has never forgotten the love to her. He leaves and went to meet with his group of friends. Seeing the smile on Sungmin’s face, his heart softens and a smile appears on him genuinely.

 

Sungmin on the other hand, went to meet with her protector when she was left alone by her friends. She went to the infirmary where she knew the guy will obviously be there with no doubt. She knocks the door and was welcome by Leeteuk’s voice. She went inside the infirmary and saw there’s only Leeteuk there.

 

“Are you doing okay, now?” Leeteuk asks, putting her hand on Sungmin’s forehead to check for her temperature.

 

She nods her head few times after fully satisfied that Sungmin is fine.

 

She pats her head affectionately, “Please don’t scare me again, just like before, okay?” she reminds, tries to look as serious as ever.

 

Sungmin smiles back at her and nods, “I will, unnie.” And she speaks.

 

Leeteuk fell into silent. She was really astonished. Her eyes are big opens, and mouth hangs when she hears that.

 

“S..Sungmin? I…did you…just…” Leeteuk stammers, really couldn’t believe her ears hearing Sungmin’s voice which she thought mute for all this time.

 

“You talk?” another voice interrupt and when they turn, Kangin is standing there at the door.

 

“Youngwoon.”

 

“Oppa.” Sungmin calls, almost inaudible but loud enough for his ears.

 

Kangin walks towards the women and stops.

 

“I talk with your uncle and he told me the truth.” He explains to Sungmin, seeing the confuse look on her face.

 

“Wait, you know about this? I mean, about Sungmin…she…”

 

“Calm down, Teukie. Why don’t you give the girl some time to explain?”

 

Leeteuk turns to stare at Sungmin intensely. She demands a clear answer and so didn’t want anything to be left out. Sungmin tell the truth about her condition to Kangin and Leeteuk. Leeteuk shed a happy tear after she finished the story. Still, Sungmin asks them to make a promise to never tell anyone else about it. Leeteuk is thankful enough that Sungmin is willing to open her heart to talk to her, so, a little promise like that will never even matter to her.

 

“I will protect you, I promise.” Leeteuk said, hugs Sungmin tight.

 

“We will, Leeteuk.” Kangin on the side adds, and the two girls nod to him, agrees.

 

Sungmin excused herself and go to meet with her friends for lunch. They had happy times, and create even more new memories together. Sungmin’s life in Korea is getting better. Her relationship with Kyuhyun also gets even closer. They often contacts with each other and exchanges texts during the night.

 

~~

 

When the next month comes, without they realize it, it’s already summer vacation. Just like what has been promise to her, Sungmin went to China together with her favorite people. On the other hand, Kyuhyun who first dream of spending the first summer vacation ever with Sungmin, has to forget about that wish completely. Instead of that, he is stuck with his other friends, doing homework. This time, he will have to sacrifice himself to be the tutor of Eunhyuk which is, not actually a fun job to do.

 

“It’s wrong!” Kyuhyun hits Eunhyuk on the back of his head hard.

 

“How many times must I explain it to you!? Argh!” he groans, extremely irritated.

 

“Can you just explain it clearly to me…” Eunhyuk whines.

 

“Why must I spend my vacation teaching you when I have lots of game to finish?! Can you just do it yourself?” Kyuhyun said, still angry.

 

“Just calm your down, Kyuhyun.” Donghae’s voice interrupts him, before he put another smack on her boyfriend.

 

Kyuhyun glares at Donghae, and sit down with a ‘hmph’. The four of them are now studying in Donghae’s house. They all have homework, but, since Kyuhyun is the genius one, he always is the first to finish up all his homework before the vacation ends. That’s the reason why his friends always just copy his work especially Eunhyuk. But, because Donghae wants her boyfriend to actually learn something, she forbade Eunhyuk from copying and gives a hell to Kyuhyun to teach him instead.

 

“Have a drink first, and calm down, Kyu.” Ryeowook hands him a cold orange juice.

 

Kyuhyun takes it, and gulps it down tiredly.

 

“Haehae…can I just do the usual?” Eunhyuk whines, on the verge of tears already with the harsh treatment from Kyuhyun which is practically his fault.

 

“No, Hyukkie. You have to learn.” Donghae planted a quick peck on Eunhyuk’s lips to comfort him.

 

“But, this ‘devil’ is so cruel. He will never tolerate with me!” He complains even more, persuading his girlfriend with his eyes.

 

“No is no, Hyukkie baby. Don’t worry, after the afternoon is over, I will treat you with special massage.” Donghae winks seductively.

 

“Massage? For real?” Eunhyuk’s mood changes immediately to hear that, “Can I get it now?”

 

“No, baby. That has to wait first.” Donghae puts her finger on Eunhyuk’s lips, teasing the boyfriend.

 

“Oh, come on. It’s not so bad if it’s now.” Eunhyuk try to seduce Donghae, and starts moving closer to her.

 

“Yah! Don’t start doing PDA, stupid couple!” Kyuhyun and Ryeowook stop them in sync, already disgusted to just imagine their friend making out.

 

Donghae laughs and Eunhyuk sulks, being interrupts like that.

 

“Better if you just solve that question, before start doing any lovey dovey act, monkey.” Kyuhyun warns sternly.

 

He is in truth really annoys that he had to spend his special vacation like that. But, Donghae has been his true friend ever since primary school, so, he didn’t have the heart to reject her when he was asked to teach Eunhyuk. He regrets it so much though, and makes a mental note to torture Eunhyuk for revenge whenever he has the chance.

 

“Donghae! Someone’s coming for you!” Donghae’s mother calls from the downstairs.

 

“I’m coming, mom!” Donghae answers almost immediately after that.

 

“Someone?” all three other watch her confusedly.

 

“Are we expecting anyone today, Hae?”

 

“You’ll see.” Donghae smirks secretively and go outside the room, leaving her friends puzzled by her action.

 

“Is there something wrong with your girlfriend’s head, Hyuk?” Kyuhyun ask, sarcastically.

 

“Yah, she’s your best friend too, remember.”

 

“Yea of course, how could I forget that.” Kyuhyun’s eyes roll by that comment which is true.

 

“Stop with that look, Kyuhyun. You promise Hae to help her teaching Eunhyuk. Can you just do it more sincerely.” Ryeowook said, eating some snack and at the same time, reading her book.

 

Kyuhyun snorted, “I am sincere. Yah, start doing!” He smacks Eunhyuk again on top of head.

 

“I’m doing it!” Eunhyuk whines in pain, but obeys.

 

Ryeowook just shakes her head, feeling a headache to even tolerate with her best friend’s attitude. She has finished her homework with the help from Donghae, that’s why she can relax.

 

“I bring someone!” Donghae appears out of sudden and looking extremely happy.

 

Three pairs of eyes turn to the door and wait for the surprise.

 

“Hi?”

 

“Yesung-hyung!”

 

“Oppa!” they are surprised to see Yesung standing at the door.

 

“What are you doing here?” Ryeowook went to his side.

 

“Donghae invites me here.” He answer, smiling sweetly at his girlfriend, “Also, I brought some ice cream.” He shows the plastic bags on his hand.

 

“Assa!” Eunhyuk happily takes the plastic bag but quickly snatch by Kyuhyun.

 

“Hey, that’s mine!”

 

“Not until you finish the 10 questions.” Kyuhyun glares, his evil instinct break through.

 

“Arghh!! Hae!!” Eunhyuk whines loudly, so frustrated.

 

The other laughs by that reaction. They continue doing homework more with ease this time since Yesung is there to help them. Eunhyuk is the one most grateful because, it makes his torture lessen with the presence of Yesung. Also, Ryeowook feel so happy to have her boyfriend there, spending time with her.

 

“Finish!” Eunhyuk yawn and stretches himself after another an hour of studying.

 

“Good job, baby.” Donghae planted a quick kiss on Eunhyuk’s lips that makes his smiling like an idiot.

 

“And thank you so much for ruining my vacation, monkey.” Kyuhyun tackle Eunhyuk into a headlock and they had another fight.

 

They are joking with each other of course. Kyuhyun didn’t mind to spend some time with his best friends like that. It’s much better with Sungmin along but, he will not be greedy for that moment.

 

“They really are having fun.” Yesung comments, laughs lightly watching them.

 

Ryeowook by her side agrees. It is the best to spend their time with friends after all. Suddenly her phone starts ringing and she frown for a moment seeing an unknown number appear. She answers it hesitantly.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Wookie.”

 

“Sungminie?” everyone stop doing whatever they are doing when they hear Ryeowook said that name.

 

“Sorry to call you so suddenly.”

 

“No, it’s okay. But, who’s number is this?”

 

“Ah, it’s my mama. I borrow her phone for a moment and she lets me.”

 

“Really? Are you still in China?”

 

Sungmin nods and hums to the question, “But, I’m going home later tonight. There’s actually something I want to ask you and Hae, Wookie.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“You know…there’s still 2 days left for our vacation. And I’m thinking of spending the last day of my vacation with the two of you. But, only if you want to.”

 

“Of course I want!” Ryeowook excitedly said.

 

“What is it?” Donghae confusedly ask.

 

“Sungmin invites us for a holiday.”

 

“I want to go!”

 

“Me too!” Eunhyuk fast follows behind his girlfriend.

 

“Wookie? You’re not alone?” Sungmin ask on the other line, confuse when she hears few voices.

 

“Oh, actually I’m at Hae’s house. Me and the others are finishing our homework. Even Yesung-oppa is here.” Ryeowook informed.

 

“Really?! Great!” Sungmin sounds so happy after she hears that, “I want to invite all of you for a vacation. Can you give the phone to Yesung oppa, my Jin-chan wants to talk to him.” The phone exchanges hand on both side.

 

“Yes, hyung.” Yesung excuse himself for awhile to talk.

 

“We’re going for a vacation with Minnie!!” and the girls screamed excitedly.

 

“I wanna go too!” Eunhyuk interrupts.

 

“Of course you’re going too. Sungminie already told me that she wants to invite all of us together.” Ryeowook said.

 

“Me?” Kyuhyun who has been watching ask, pointing to himself.

 

“Yes, you’re going Kyu!” the three friends answer in sync, laughing afterwards.

 

Kyuhyun sighs, but in the inside he is jumping of happiness. He can’t wait to meet Sungmin again though they have only been apart for a few days.

 

“We should prepare all the things for the vacation.” Ryeowook and Eunhyuk eagerly nod by Donghae’s suggestion.

 

“Where do you think we’re going?”

 

“Beach.” Yesung comes in and answer Ryeowook’s question, clearing the others’ entire question at the same time.

 

“Which beach, hyung?” Kyuhyun ask for more details.

 

Yesung smiles slyly, “You will be really surprise to know.”

 

The others’ head tilted to the side by that reply. But, by the time they found out, it is a new paradise created for them.

 

TBC

 

Here’s another update! Comments are highly appreciated and thank you again in advance!!! Sorry for the boring chapter though…hehehe