Chapter 27

My Wolf Story [Sequel to My Vampire Story]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you know any good place here?" I asked, looking around as we walked hand in hand. "My parents and I have been traveling. So, yes I do." Jiyong answered. "People will think we're a couple if we continue holding hands." I simply say and Jiyong chuckled. "Since when do you care about what people think?" "True enough." I just shrugged and continued walking, not minding that we're holding hands.

After around 20 minutes of walking and talking about old times, we've arrived at a restaurant. "Here we are." Jiyong said and opened the door. "Table for?" "2 please." Jiyong answered and the waitress gestured us to follow her. "Here are your menus and please raise your hand when you're ready to order." The waitress said and left. "So, how are your trainings so far?" Jiyong asked. "Well, not good. Because of the trainings I have scars now." I complained and he just chuckled. "I have them too. Too bad scars can't be treated." Jiyong sighed. I gave a lop-sided smile and looked at the menu. "Ready to order?" Jiyong asked and I nodded. Jiyong raised his right hand and a waiter came to us. "May I help you?" "We're ready to order." Jiyong simply said and the waiter nodded. He took out a notepad and a pen. "I would have a beef steak and the drink would be iced tea." I said. "I would like the same." Jiyong simply stated and I just looked at him.

"So there would be 2 plates of beef steak and 2 cups of iced tea?" The waiter repeated and Jiyong just nodded. "Your food would be ready at an average of 10 minutes." Jiyong just nodded and the waiter left after that. "The same? Really?" I just scoffed. "Why not? It'll be easier for them to serve and for me to order." Jiyong shrugged. "Whatever you say~ Anyway, you trained to be a vampire hunter?" He nodded. "After I left, we went to Japan and I trained at the academy there. It was tough. I swear I felt like dying then." He said. I just chuckled and said, "Well, we were born to this kind of life. No escaping from it. Anyway, any idea why the shadow hunters don't want to help us?" "They said they don't want to get involved in your war because it doesn't concern them." "How does it not concern them when it concerns humans and shadows?" I asked in disbelief.

"They said something like, 'it's not our problem. It's between the royalties. We have no right to interfere nor meddle in their problems.' Somewhere along those lines." Jiyong said. "Nice colleagues you have there." I sighed and he rolled his eyes. "They're not my colleagues." "Whatever." I simply said. "So…any girlfriend?" I asked and gave a mischievous smile. "Nah… no time to find one. It's rather depressing not to show off my face to the pretty girls. I mean come on, where can you find a handsome and irresistible face like this? Plus a hot body. Bonus." I sighed and asked, "What have they been teaching you in the academy?" "Be confident of yourself." Jiyong winked and just pursed my lips to prevent myself from laughing out loud. "How's your relationship between Luhan and you?" Jiyong suddenly asked which totally turned me off almost instantly.

I let out a deep breath and said, "I honestly don't know. Up till now, it's still only one sided, on his side." "You don't feel at least a single affection towards him?" Jiyong asked. I let out a light chuckle and said, "I do. A little but not enough." "Then you've already took a step forward then." Jiyong smiled, reassuringly. "I'm going to die in the war. It is not a good sign for me to show any affection towards anyone." I said. "That's not written anywhere. You're not going to die in the war. Especially when there are so many people around you that cares for you. Your mother, whose like the Angel Princess, your past-life father, whose like the King of vampires." Jiyong simply said. I scoffed and said, "If they're really helpful I wouldn't have died in the first place." "I've read the history of vampires and Luminous. It was stated that you were the one who planned it. You can't blame them now can you?"

I puffed up my cheeks in frustration knowing that I lost. "Here are your steaks and iced tea. Enjoy your meal." A waitress said and left after putting the food and drink down on the table. "What? It's true…" Jiyong said. "I know. How dumb could I get for doing that?" I sighed. "I know right." Jiyong agreed. "Very helpful." I scoffed and he just shrugged. We started eating and my phone suddenly lit up. I looked at whose calling and it was an unknown number.

"Hello? Is this Kim Seulmi?" "You are?" "Jake. You might want to come back to the pack house quick. There's something wrong with James." "What's wrong with him?" I asked as I took another bite off the steak. "He's shaking non-stop like he's having seizure or something." "How in the world makes you think that I could help him with that? I only told you that I'd try to find a way to help get his shadow back." "That's why I called you. I think this has got to do with his shadow.. Because he has it back." Jake said and I widened my eyes. I should be lucky that I swallowed the piece of meat before he said that. "Give me…20 minutes." I simply said and hung up. "Let's hurry up and finish this." I said and tried my best to finish my meal as fast as possible.

"Who was that?" "An aquaintance." I simply said while chewing on the meat. "I'm following you." Jiyong said and I just nod in reply. I finished about 3 quarter and finished my drink in like 10 minutes. Jiyong still continued eating slowly so he has like more than half of the meat left on his plate. Jiyong swiped his card and entered his pin number. "You can just keep the receipt. Thanks." Jiyong said after getting his card back. "I have a car." Jiyong said. "What?" I blinked. Jiyong just gave me a mischievous smile and a car suddenly stopped in front of us. "You should have a good reason for calling me out here." The window was rolled down and I saw a boy about our age inside the car. He looks like he's Caucasian but also have a mixed look of Asian.

"Yeah, we do… " Jiyong just grinned and opened the car door for me. I entered and Jiyong sat beside me. "Do you know how to get there?" Jiyong asked me and I puffed up my cheeks. "I have no idea." 'What?" The boy in the driver's seat asked in disbelief. I let out an awkward chuckle and said, "Hold on." I dialed the number that Jake called me with. "Seulmi?" I heard Jake's voice answered. "Yeah, tell us how to get to your pack house. Hold on." I said and passed the phone to the boy at the driver's seat. "Hello? I'm in front of Le Paris Restaurant near Kingsway Street." The boy said.

"Who's he?" I whispered to Jiyong. "Vampire hunter best friend that I met in the academy." Jiyong whispered back. "What's his race? He doesn't look like a Caucasian nor an Asian." "Mixed. He's half Japanese half Australian." Jiyong answered. "I see…" By now we're already on our way. "Okay, I know where it is. Bye." He handed me back my phone and said, "I'm Brian Kawazaki." "Oh, err… I'm Kim Seulmi." I introduced myself. "Jiyong sent me a text telling me to go fetch him so I did." Brian said. "Thanks…" I simply said. Brian just let out a chuckle and said, "No big deal. It's just driving." I just let out a smile. "ANYWAY, how's your family reunion going?" Jiyong asked.

"Well… I just found out my grandma died like a week ago. I wanted to visit her cemetery  today but you messaged me so I decided that I can go some other day." Brian simply said. "Oh…Sorry." "No big deal. I was never close to her anyway. I only visited her like once every year?" Brian responded. "But still…" Jiyong sounded so guilty that I wanted to laugh so I bit my lips to avoid myself from laughing. Apparently Jiyong saw it and asked, "What?". I cleared my throat and shook my head. The boys have their casual talk while I just look out the window.

"Anyway, we're here." Brian said and stepped on the brake. I saw Jake coming out from a house and ran towards the car as I got out. "Seulmi!" Jake called out. "Well, it's less than a day and I'm back here again." I said. "Sorry, but you've got to really see this." Jake ran to where James' house is and I just followed running, as well as the other 2 guys. "James?" Jake called out.  "Here." I heard a gruff voice said. All 4 of us went in and I saw Jin, feeding James. James saw me and widened his eyes. "You look familiar…" James suddenly commented. "You know her?" Jin asked. James shook his head and said, "No…But she does look familiar."

"You've never seen me in your life before, but your shadow did." I responded. "Yeah.. He went back to how he was. Just…skinnier?" Jake said, sounding hesitant. I let out a sigh and walked towards James' shadow. I stretched my arm so that my shadow touches James' shadow. "What are you doing?" Jiyong asked. "I honestly don't know. I don't usually associate with shadows so I'm experimenting…I guess…"

The shadow somehow reacted to my shadow and turned towards my shadow. I suddenly thought of Peter Pan when the shadow moved on its own. It's random but yeah. Peter Pan's shadow move on its own too when it's not connected with him. James' shadow suddenly waved at me and I blinked. "Alex?" I called out and the shadow nodded. I scoffed in reply. I can sense the others were completely clueless about what I'm talking about. "I'll explain later." I simply said and continued my conversation with the shadow.

"I thought you were destroyed?" Alex shook his head. I sighed and said, "It's hard talking to a shadow. I can only ask a yes or no question." "Anyway, I don't think the shadow is back with James." I continued. "What? Why?" Jin asked, anxious. "Well… The shadow isn't coordinating with James… It moves when James isn't." I reasoned. "So…How are you going to connect me back to the shadow?" "Sew it back." I joked but with my normal voice. "Sew it?" Jake asked. "I was just kidding. Do you think this is a peter pan movie?" I rolled my eyes at him and said. "So?" Jin asked. "How the hell would I know? I'm not god nor an expert with shadows. I'm a girl." I answered, annoyed.

"What do you propose we do now then?" James asked. "I don't know?" I honestly answered. "Why did you even bother calling her.." I heard Jin asked Jake. "Seulmi? Do you want to stay or do you want to leave?" Jiyong asked. "Leave." I simply answered and turned around, my back facing the shadow. "You really can't help?" Jake asked. "I'm sorry. But I only came because I just wanted to be sure. I don't have the slightest clue to what I should do…" I honestly said. Jake just sighed. "Thanks for dropping by anyway…" Jake said. I just gave an apologetic smile and turned to Alex, James' shadow.

"I really wish that I could talk to you, so that I know what Satan is planning." I said. The shadow just put up its hand and wav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter