Chapter 20

My Wolf Story [Sequel to My Vampire Story]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin's POV:

 

After closing my eyes and wondering what in the world I'm doing, flashbacks of my life in the past flashed into my mind. Images continuously flashed, showing my life, until it stopped at one image.

 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Minji, happy birthday to you~" My parents and I sang to my younger sister, who just turned 10. Minji blew the candles and all of us clapped our hands. "Here's your present." I smiled and handed her the gift. I was already 18 then. A matured wolf. Minji opened her gift and it's a pair of bracelets. "Why are there 2?" Minji asked, looking at me with those big eyes of hers. I smiled and ruffled her hair. I bent down to her eye level and took the bigger bracelet. "I'll take one of this and you'll take the other." I put mine on and helped Minji put hers. "See?" I put mine and her wrist side by side. "It's a couple bracelet. It's custom made so only the 2 of us have it." I continued. Minji grinned and hugged me. "THANK YOU OPPA!" She exclaimed and I just smiled as I hugged her back.

 

The image soon disappeared and flashes of my past started showing before me. It stopped at the time when I met Luhan, when the invasion happened and when Minji disappeared. 40 years past after Minji's 10th birthday.

 

All of us were sleeping. My parents sleeping in their room, Minji in hers while I'm in mine. Suddenly, a phone call was heard. It was the house phone. I heard my dad's footstep went down to the living room to get the phone. I didn't bother about it and just continued sleeping but open my eyes in shock when I heard my dad's voice, shouting for us to go down to the living room. Right when he asked u to do that, I heard something shattered and Minji's scream. I was about to run to Minji's room but I heard the window in my room shattered and there are 3 figures in the room. I sniffed and widened my eyes. "Vampires." I whispered. I heard one of them smirk and said, "Got that right dog boy." Soon, I was shooting icicles to the vampires but they manage to dodge from it. "Nice try." I heard another said. I smirked and dropped the temperature of the room. "You know this won't work on us right?" I heard another voice said. I'm not trying to attack them with the coldness. I'm trying to see where they're running. You see, my power has a special element that's sensitive to any temperature. By lowering the temperature tremendously, I can see a mist-like substance around someone since they're of a different temperature, be it cold or warm. And right now, I can see where the vampires are, making my aiming more accurate.

 

Soon, I was shooting icicles again and it hit the 3 vampires, making them stop running. I hit 1 in the heart making him turn to dust right away while the other 2 are pulling the icicle out of their limps. While they're doing that, I froze them in to ice and kick their heads, separating the heads from the body. It's not exactly that messy since they're frozen. Right after that, I rushed out of my room and went to Minji's room only to find her missing. "Minji-ah!" I shouted for her but there wasn't any response. I ran down to the living room and saw my parents dead on the ground. I heard someone smirked and said, "Rookie vampires couldn't kill just 1 cub. Seriously." I looked back and saw another 3 vampires. "Don't worry, you're going to join your parents soon." "Where's my sister?" I glared at them and asked. They all shrugged and soon the fight broke out. They are different, they're experienced. Instead of running around like what the previous vampires did, they were straight-forward and started attacking right away. I didn't even have time to even use my power. Before I know it, I have bruises all over my body. I had a hard time breathing and panted. The attack suddenly stopped. "Want to know how we killed them?" One of them asked and pointed to my parents.

 

I didn't answer and they just continued, "Each of us have powers that doesn't need any physical contact or whatsoever. We're of a intellectual element actually. But since you're still a cub, we would rather take it easy on you." Another one continued, "Let's play a game. We'll give you 5 minutes to run from here. After 5 minutes, we'll come finding for you. If we find you, we'll kill you. Easy right?" "What's the point of it? You're going to find me anyway." I smirked. "We're giving a chance for you to run." Another one said. "I'll take that chance then." I said and went out the house. I ran as fast as I can, but with the internal injuries that they inflicted on me, it's hard. After around 4 minutes, I gave up and just leaned to the tree. What's the point, they're going to kill me anyway.  I heard someone coming to me and looked up. I saw someone looking down at me and I glared at him.

 

"Go away before I kill you." I growled in self-defense. "You're a wolf like me. I guess you were attacked by vampires? Their stench is all over you." That person said making me a little surprised. I sniffed and he was right, he's a wolf. I smirked at myself for not even noticing that he's a wolf and asked, "Which pack do you belong to?" "I'm a wanderer. My pack was killed by vampires." He said, he doesn't sound like he cared but still, "We're in the same boat then." I leaned against a tree and sat on the ground. "They're coming." I mumbled when I heard the vampires running. "It's hard to outrun them now, looking at you." He said while I just smirked. "I'm not going to run away from them. Besides, don't you have any powers? I can use mine even if I'm like this." Since I have someone else now to help me. Let's just hope that he have the power to stop them.

 

Soon, 3 vampires surrounded us. I stood up, using the tree as my support and glared at the vampires. "Well, we have another company. Oh, the others are chasing after your sister." One of the vampire smirked. I was mentally relieve that Minji managed to escape from the vampires. Please be save Minji-ah.."Don't any of you dare lay a finger on my sister." I growled and use this time as an opportunity to use my power. "You know that doesn't work on us." Another vampire smirked. I smirked an created an icicle and aimed it at the vampire who spoke. It pierced through the vampire's heart and soon the vampire turned to dust.

 

The other 2 vampire showed their fangs and soon disappeared on us. I looked at the mist around the vampires to detect where they are and estimated where he would run. I made that part below -100 degrees Celsius, enough to freeze a vampire and just like how I predicted, the vampire was frozen. I suddenly saw the last one drop dead all of a sudden. "What the hell.." I cursed, shocked at how he didn't even do anything yet the vampire dropped dead on the ground . I snapped out of it and just kicked the head of the frozen vampire. "Not bad yourself." He said and I just gave a small bow to him. "I'm Luhan." He stuck out his hand and I took it. "I'm Minseok. But I go by Xiumin." He smiled at me, "Let's go back to my house. Since I doubt you'll be able to go back to your own house." I smirked and said, "No thanks. I need to find my sister." "I'll help you. But now, let's treat your own wounds first before doing anything. You might get infected. You might die before you can even find your sister." What he said make sense, "Fine."

 

Soon, the flashback disappeared like the previous one and flashes of my past flash by again. This time is how we met the other half of the pack. Suho, D.O, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun. All of them were fighting with some vampires.

 

"Let's go." I said. I saw some wolves already dead on the ground, some vampires turning to dust as well. Soon, the fight ended with only 8 wolves standing. Suho, D.O, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, Baekhyun and both Luhan myself. Both of us were the least injured, with only minor cuts and bruises here and there. While the other 6 were covered in blood. "Who are you?" Suho asked. By the tone of his voice, both of us knew right away that he's the alpha of this pack. "Wanderers." I simply said as I picked up my bag on the sand and slung it over my shoulder. "Thanks for your help back there. If you guys weren't th-" Luhan lifted his right hand and said, "It's nothing. If that's all. We'll be on our way. By any chance, have you seen this girl around?" Luhan showed Suho a picture of my sister. I gave Luhan a copy of how his si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter