Chapter 7

Cheonsa
 
Later that night Kai had called Yoona whilst laying in bed. He couldn't fall asleep and he was sure she couldn't either. He was nervous for her...he couldn't imagine how she was feeling.
 
"Were you sleeping?" He asked when she answered. He heard her yawn. So, she was tired. "No, I tried to but I can't." 
 
There was a pause and then she spoke.
 
"I'm so nervous," She confessed to him. At first she was just going to cooly say that she was alright and wasn't worried but she couldn't lie. She was so nervous it could be heard in her voice. "Like, I can't fall asleep because I'm so scared." 
 
"It's okay to be nervous," Kai tried to assure her. "Just pretend you're going to school like normal," He suggested trying to make her feel better. Yoona laughed at that. It was a stupid idea and she knew he was only trying to help her. 
 
"Relax, I'll be there the whole time." He said making her heart skip a beat.
 
She was yawning again and even though she tried to stop it it came unevitably. "Go to sleep, Yoona I'll meet you at the hospital tomorrow," 
 
"Araso, Goodnight~" She said with a smile on her face. 
 
"Sleep tight, Yoona." He whispered. 
--
 
When Kai had shown up Yoona was being admitted into the hospital. She wasn't in  the waiting room but he recognized his mother from before. He approached her carefully. "You're Yoona's mother right?" He first asked. The lady looked up and nodded. 
 
Kai smiled. "I'm Yoona's friend, Kai." His name rang a bell in her mind. "Oh, right yes Yoona's mentioned you before," She smiled shaking his hand. Kai's heart skipped a beat. So she talks about me?
 
"Yoona's getting prepped right now," Her mother said going back to her knitting. Kai nodded sitting next to her mother.
 
 "You know you're the first friend I've seen of Yoona's. She doesn't talk about anyone else but you," Her mother said looking at Kai secretly. He blushed. "Really?" He couldn't help but smile. It made him happy. 
 
"Be honest you like my daughter don't you?" Her sudden question shocked Kai. It was so forward he didn't answer at first. 
 
"Don't worry I won't tell her~" Her mother smiled slyly. Kai blinked stupidly. She was a total opposite from her mother. Sure, she looked like Yoona but her personality was not like Yoona's at all. 
 
"Kai!" Yoona came running towards him and her mother. She was in her hospital gown with her hair wildly open. She looked like she didn't sleep at all last night. Kai stood up thankful that she had shown up. 
 
"Umma this is my friend Kai," She formally introduced Kai to her. "Hmm, you forgot to mention how handsome he is," She bumped hips with Yoona. She turned bright red at her mother's words. "Umma..." 
 
Kai stood akwardly between the two women not knowing what to do or say. He was flattered that her mother thought that he was handsome. 
 
"Ah, Umma the doctor wants you to sign something~" Yoona said trying to get rid of her mother before she said anything else. Her mother left leaving Kai and Yoona alone. Unknowingly she let out a sigh. 
 
"You're mom's funny," Kai remarked. Her eyes widened. It can't be she told him can it? "Did she say anything about me?" Yoona asked carefully. Kai shook his head. "I just got here and said hello to her." Ah, good she couldn't have said much then. 
 
They started walking around the hospital waiting room talking and then Yoona realized Kai was missing school. Wasn't he going to get in trouble? "Kai, are you sure you're okay with missing school? Aren't your parents going to be mad?" She stopped and put her hand on his elbow. Kai stopped walking and his face turned stiff. Again I hit another wall...She thought to herself when she noticed his expression. 
 
"My mom died when I was young and I don't live with my dad so..." He ended with that. Yoona realized her mistake she made bringing it up. Pabo just when he was opening up to you, he closed up again. 
 
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought up." She sincerely apologized. She wasn't going to press him any furthur. He was already upset she didn't want to upset him even further. If he wanted to tell her he would. 
 
"It's alright," He said smiling sadly as her hand dropped from his elbow. Yoona's heart ached for him. Why did he get so upset when it came to his parents. She was curious to know. 
 
Yoona stopped walking. "Is it okay if I can hug you?" She suddenly asked surprising him. It wasn't because she wanted to be reassured, she wanted to hug him because he needed it.
 
Kai stopped walking and stared at her. Was he hearing her right?
"U-uh sure," He stammered confused. She smiled and stepped into his arms.
 
"I wanted to say thank you," She whispered as her head rested on his shoulder. Her heart was beating so loudly she couldn't calm herself down.  "For everything, you're a great friend Kai. I don't know what I could do without you." She confessed holding him tighter without him, she would never haven been able to go through with this surgery. 
 
Kai smiled patting her head. "Anything for you, Yoona." He said resting his hand on her back. He couldn't believe how comfortable he felt having her in his arms. He loved how warm she felt in his arms and how close they were together. Their heartbeats were in synch beating fast like a hummingbird. He never wanted to let go...he enjoyed this feeling way too much. 
 
"Yoona!" Both turned their heads at Yoona's mother. 
 
It was time. 
 
Reluctant, Kai broke the hug and let go of her. "I'll see you when you come out," He squeezed her shoulder. She smiled at him one last time before walking away with her mother.
 
it's now or never...
 
 
 
A/N- hey guys imma do a double update I neglected updating lol. i finished all my exams but its just college applying and the stress that is taking up my time. :( anywayz stay put imma do another update in a few minutes. :)