Chapter 21

Cheonsa

Yoona POV:

 

“Kai!” I whisper-shirked closing the door behind me before I went to my window. How the heck did he get in?! He had already managed to open the locks on my window. Truthfully I was relieved that it was Kai, and not some burglar sneaking in. 

“You really need better locks on your window,” He said casually entering my room. I quickly closed the window behind him. He thankfully has his car parked far away from my house. 

“They were locked perfectly fine.” I told him and making a note of securing the lock loudly so he could hear. I turned around and Kai was already by my side. 

“If I can get in, that means anyone can.” He said suddenly serious. I swallowed as I looked into Kai’s eyes. He was right. Now that I knew about EXO and VIXX I couldn’t take my chances. I nodded and made a mental note to get new locks. 

“I’ll get new locks tomorrow,” I reassured him. He smiled and kissed my forehead in response. 

“Kai what are you doing here anyway? I’m grounded.” I told him as I leaned against the window with crossed arms. He shrugged as he walked around my room with his hands in his pocket. “I wanted to see you.” He said simply. 

“Kai, if my mom catches you we’re both dead.” I said to him. Maybe I should’ve locked the door. 

“She won’t.” He turned and gave me a look. “I’ll be gone before you know it.” He said smiling toothily before plopping himself on my bed. He seemed so familiar with my room, too familiar. 

“Have you been in my room before?” I asked him suspiciously as I walked to my bed. I sat down on the edge of the bed while Kai comfortable laid on my bed. 

“Maybe…” He said pressing his lips together as he stared at my very blank ceiling. I tugged on his knee.

Kai shot straight up and kissed me right above my eye out of nowhere. Still not answering my question if he had been in my room or not. Well, I guess he has. 

“Pssh, uses any excuse to kiss me.” I mumbled to myself as I turned around and ran a hand through my hair. 

“I don’t need an excuse to kiss you.” He said sitting up against and pulling me into his arms into a back hug. I tensed up nervously as I felt his chest against my back and he could feel my wet hair. 

“K-kai,” I said nervously pushing my hair to the front so he didn’t have to feel the coldness. “My hair’s wet.” I mumbled using my hair as a shield to cover my blushing cheeks. 

“But your hair smells so good…”He said huskily burying his head into my neck and holding me even tighter. 

God, I felt light-headed with his arms around me. It felt so nice in his warm embrace. I wanted to melt when he planted a kiss on my neck. I tilted my head backwards and relaxed in his arms. 

“Where should we go for our next date?” He asked me his one hand leaving my waist and finding my hand to clasp it with. I shrugged. “Where ever you want.” I answered him tracing hearts on the palm of his hands. 

“Well,” He said resting his chin on my shoulder. “We could go out to eat, we could go to Namsan tower, we could go ice skating, the amusement park…” He trailed off. 

“Or…we could just hang out like this.” He said softly holding my hand again, as he drummed his thumb over my palm. I nodded and smiled. “This is nice,” I said. I turned my head to look at him. “I like dates like these, where we’re just hanging out together.” I said to him feeling my cheeks warm. Kai smiled down at me and his smile brought me on to Cloud 9. I always loved it when he smiled at me. It was like his own little smile for me. 

However, Kai wasn’t looking at my eyes he was very closely eyeing my lips. I smiled shyly before closing my eyes as I waited for his kiss. 

Too bad it never happened. 

A sudden knock shook me out of Kai’s arms. 

“Yoona~” My mother called from the other end. I froze and felt all the blood fall from my face. 

“Kai, you need to leave now.” I whispered to him quickly pulling him to his feet. He made a face-a very cute face actually where his lips pouted. I knew he didn’t want to leave but he had no choice. 

I ran to the window to unlatch the locks. “I’m really sorry, Kai.” I said about him having to leave through the window. He sighed and walked towards the window slowly-ignoring the fact that my mom was behind the door. 

“You’ll just have to make it up to me.” He said one leg out the window. I turned back to him frantically. “How?” I asked him. 

“Kiss me goodnight.” I looked at him wide-eyed. “Kai!” I whisper-hissed. “My mom is going to kill me if I don’t open the door for her.” 

He brought his leg back inside my room and he sat himself on my window seat. “Guess, I’m staying.” 

“Kai!” I squealed going on my tippy-toes in frustration because he wouldn’t leave. He crossed his arms and stayed put. 

Ugh Kai. 

I placed my hands on his shoulders and tried to give him the best kiss of his life. I bent down and pressed my lips firmly onto his. He was surprised that I actually did kiss him but no later did he respond back. 

He placed his hands on my hips pulling me , my chest against his chest. At first I was uncomfortable by how close we were but Kai was my boyfriend. I needed to stop being so shy every time we got close together. I relaxed in his arms and let him kiss me, his lips roaming all over my mouth. He gently squeezed my hips leading me to squeal and Kai to bite on my lower lip. I could feel the softness of his lips as he moved against mine. It wasn’t just the way that he kissed me that was making me light-headed it was how he was touching me. His hands were moving up and down my body and I didn’t even realize how my hands had somehow wrapped into his hair. 

 Kai sadly broke the kiss before we could get any further. He brushed aside my hair and I completely forgot that my mother was outside until I heard a knock again. 

“Now, I really do have to go,” He said huskily He left his lips very close to mine as he looked at me from underneath his eyelashes. 

“Bye…” I said my lips still tingling from his kiss. He smirked at me pleased that he had me flustered. He put one foot out the window and right when he was about to leave, he quickly stole another kiss. 

I watched him leave and as soon as he was out I shut the window and ran to my door.

Boy was that some kiss…it still left my heart pounding and me breathless.

I opened my door and what do you know my mom wasn’t standing there anymore. I leaned against the door letting out a sigh of relief. At least Kai wasn’t going to get in trouble with my mom now. 

I went back inside to my room and proceeded to lock my windows tightly as Kai instructed me to. By the window sill was one single rose waiting for me. I swear I smiled all the way up to my cheeks when I picked up the rose. I looked out the window to see if he was still there, but of course he wasn’t. He already disappeared into the night. 

—————————————————————————————————————-

My day was going great until it was Lunch hour and the collection for the MT trip had arrived. I regretfully handed my check and permission slip in. There was no getting out of it now. 

I rubbed my arms feeling shudders running through my body. Now, was not the time to think about it…

I hurriedly made my way to my friends outside. Everyone was going to be outside today. It was sunny today and we were usually always outside eating unless it was snowing. Yes, even in the rain. 

“Hey pouty,” Aiman greeted me when I sat down next to her. “I’m not pouty.” I said to her even though I sighed as I put my lunch box on the table. 

“Don’t worry Kai will be here soon,” She bumped shoulders with me. I smiled at her slightly. And as soon as she said that there he was walking with the rest of his friends. He was laughing when he reached us and when he met eyes with me he flashed his trademark smile at me. I tried to return his smile but I’m sure it came out weird because he suddenly looked troubled. I saw the questions about to form on his lips when I shook my head and told him I was fine. 

“turn up for MT trip or nah?” Chanyeol said playfully sitting next to me. “Nah,” I answered him not understanding the joke when everyone laughed. 

Conversations continued and it was mostly about the MT trip. I didn’t take part, as I talked to Aiman. She was going to be the only one not going so I felt bad for having her excluded. 

Truthfully I was jealous. She was lucky to be missing out. 

Half-way through the lunch I felt someone tapping my foot. I couldn’t look down so I looked at the guys to see who was doing it and it turned out to be Kai. He still had a troubled expression on his face. 

He mouthed to me: ‘We need to talk’. My shoulders dropped. I was such an open book. 

“I’ll be right back,” I said to Aiman getting out of the bench and walking around to Kai. 

“You both have to leave?” Baekhyun teased.

Kai turned around and flashed a glare at Baekhyun. “Come on,” I said putting a hand on his shoulder so he could walk. 

“Yoona.” 

I turned my head to look at him. “What’s wrong?” He asked me. I stared at him confused. “What do you mean?” 

“What’s got you so upset? Anytime we bring up the MT trip your mood gets spoiled. Tell me what’s really wrong.” He pleaded stopping me in my tracks and putting his hands on my shoulders. 

I sighed heavily and looked down at my feet. There was no point trying to hide it now. I was going to have to tell Kai. 

“Do you remember what I said to you when I said there was something wrong with my eyes?” I said keeping my eyes focused on the grass that needed a trim. It was grazing my ankles now. 

“Yeah, you said you had an accident.” He replied. I nodded my head slowly. 

“Well,I didn’t tell you everything.” I confided to him.

“Kai…I’m claustrophobic.” I said with much difficulty. I looked up to see if his expression had changed but nothing too drastic. 

“On the base that I lived at, we were attacked…and when we were told to leave, I didn’t want to leave my dad.” I said softly touching Kai’s hands and letting them drop down to his side. But, he didn’t let go of my hands. He quickly clasped them and gave them a squeeze urging me to go on. 

“I went back to the field to find my dad but it was too late-it was like war had raged all over. Soldiers were fighting and gunshots were being fired, I couldn’t tell which one was my dad.” I said trembling as the sounds began to fill my ears again.

“I tried to find refuge somewhere away from all the fighting, and the only place I could find that wasn’t filled with the North Korean soldiers was underneath a tank.” This time when I looked at Kai he had a shocked expression on his face. 

“It was terrible underneath that. I couldn’t breath, I could barely hold myself up while I was underneath the tank, and every time a gun blasted rock and dirt would hit me in the face.”

 

I swallowed as I was about to say what was next. “I don’t remember any of it, but my dad said that when the vehicle flipped over they saw a small girl trapped underneath all the pipes. I must’ve lost conscious when the vehicle turned over cause I don’t remember any of that.” I said to him. 

I took one of his hands and brought it to the back of my head. “After that I didn’t wake up until a week later and I couldn’t see very well.” I stopped until his hand touched the scar on the back of my head. 

“I had trouble seeing, I had terrible headaches, and I kept having flashbacks that I was back underneath the tank. I felt like I was being suffocated every time I was in a large crowd of people.” 

Kai traced the back of my head where the long scar the was. “I can’t take elevators unless I’m alone, I always take the bus when there’s no one on it, I avoided going to regular school for a long time because I was afraid of the hallways, and I’m…scared for the bus ride.” I said biting my lip. 

“I start to have panic attacks when I’m in a closed area and I can't breath. The buses are going to be packed with kids and I don’t know what to do-“ I didn’t finish because Kai pulled my head into his chest. 

“Is this really what you were worried about?” He chuckled in my ear as he smoothed my hair. 

“Kai, this isn’t funny,” I said looking up at him and tried to move but I couldn’t. “I’m scared to death for this trip.” I whispered looking down at his shirt and not meeting his eyes.

“Yoona my love, I wasn’t laughing at you.” Kai cooed to me lifting my chin up so I could look at him. 

“I promised you that I would keep you safe from anything and everything. I’ll sit with you the whole time there, I’ll distract you, I’ll do whatever I have to do to keep you calm.” He said to me earnestly. 

“Thank you for telling me.” He said gently pecking my forehead. I looked down and hit my head against his chest blushing. 

“I know it’s such a stupid thing to be afraid of but I can’t help it.” I muttered. Kai wrapped his arms around me and I gradually wounded my arms around his waist. 

“It’s not stupid,” He muttered his words getting jumbled as he kissed my hair. I raised my head to look at him as he smiled down at me as if it was Christmas Day. I went on my tippy toes and kissed him on the lips. 

‘I love you’ The thought ran through my mind as I looked up at him. In a heartbeat as soon as I thought it I wanted to say it out loud to Kai. My heart swelled up as I repeated the saying again in my head. 

I loved him. I really did love Kai. 

“What?” He asked noticing that I was staring at him. I shook my head and started to walk back to our friends holding hands together. 

I decided to keep that to myself for now. 

 

 

A/N- I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY. I KNOW I SHOULD'VE UPDATED A LONG TIME AGO BUT I LOST THE NOTEBOOK WHERE I WROTE THE CHAPTER IN! Also, sorry if its really choppy, I had to make up alot of the ending because I never got to finish it, and I didn't want to waste time trying to edit it and make it all fancy shmancy cause then I'd never update. But, here ya go! Some more yoonkai. 

 

HOWD YALL LIKE THE EXO CONCERT? 

 

ASDFGHJKL SEHUN SHIRTLESS, LUHAN SHIRTLESS, TAO SHIRTLESS, AND KAI HAD A SHIRT ON (wae) 

booty game strong for all these young men.