Chapter 18

Cheonsa

Kai POV: 

 

She kissed me.

 

Yoona 

kissed 

ME!

My girlfriend kissed me on the lips! 

I always thought I'd kiss her first, but she initiated it first! My cheeks slightly reddened as I remembered the feeling of her lips on mine. It was a short moment, I only wished she kissed me longer. 

It’s ok. Next time…

"Ya!" Someone smacked my back. I turned around and looked irritably at the person who hit me. It was none other than Sehun. Freaking gloat what does he want?

He motioned behind him-I looked closely to where Yoona was. There was her test-a solid 99. I grinned at her and gave her a thumbs up I called it. I said she'd get a 99! 

She missed one day of studying and only got one question wrong. Damn, what's my score then? 

I patiently waited for my test. Everyone else had received their test but me. As soon as I said that though my own test fell onto my desk by Saem. 

100. 

I raised my head to tell Saem that he put the wrong test on my desk but then I saw the name. Kai. 

IT WAS MY TEST.

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE NAMED KAI HERE?

I whipped my head back at the test and brought it up to eye level. DID I REALLY GET A 100 IS SOMEONE PRANKING ME?! 

"Congratz, Kai." Saem said to me as I flipped through the pages. There was no x. I really got everything right. 

I turned around to look at Yoona and she was beaming.

I beat Yoona. 

The smartest one in the class. 

Da fuq. 

I left the classroom in a daze unsure if I was dreaming or not. I was still in a state of shock. I went from a 60 to a 100. Damn. Yoona is a miracle. She’s my miracle.

"Kai!" I turned around and saw Yoona with the most brightest smile I had ever seen. Whoops I was too much in a shock that I forgot to wait for her.

"You did it!" She said catching up to me. "We did it." I said naturally finding her hand and enclosing it with mine. 

"Thank you." I said to her rubbing my thumb against the back of her hand. It didn't matter that there were kids passing through the hall. All I could see was Yoona in front of me. School was over. This no affection policy was bull. No one followed it.

"It was mostly you. All I did was give u a push." She shrugged pushing a strand of hair back behind her ear and blushing.  I leaned closer to her limiting the distance between us. 

"You know what happens now?" I said to her peering into her doe-like eyes.

"What?" Yoona asked nervously slowly inching back. My chest rumbled as I laughed. She was adorable. I brought her close and hugged her. "A date." I said loving the fact I made her nervous. 

"Oh yeah!" She said looking up at me still in my embrace. I didn’t want it to break though. I loved hugging her. She smelled so good. It was this floral scent that I was attracted to.

"Is there anywhere particular that you want to go?" I asked her. I was thinking of planning something extravagant for our first date but to be honest I don't think it would matter. As long as I'm with her, we can go anywhere. 

"There is," She said surprisingly letting go her face glowing. "Where?" I asked. "The amusement park?" I guessed remembering that I'd promise to take her. She shook her head. "Surprise." She whispered. 

--

 

Alright, there is something terribly wrong. 

Why am I dressed in a collared shirt and black pants? 

I had a really stupid idea on why Yoona wanted me to get dressed up. 

I mean I was all for it if we were going to elope but I didn't even propose and ya know I kinda wanna be romantic. 

I buttoned the last button on my shirt before straightening my clothes out. 

Honestly I have no clue what Yoona was playing. My idea was only logical. Why else am I dressing fancy? Going to church?

I left my house and almost knocked into Yoona. She was standing on my porch looking as beautiful as ever. Her hair was in my favorite style, in a loose braid and she wore a simple white dress. IF THIS DOESN'T SCREAM SECRET WEDDING I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES. 

"Hi," I said finally realizing that I hadn't spoken word and all i did was stare at her. "Ready?" She asked with flowers in her hands. My theory is making more and more sense. 

I grabbed my coat before closing the door behind me. "So, will you tell me where we're going now?" I asked hesitantly. 

"Well, I have to ask you for directions anyways." Yoona said. She looked at me and then back at the flowers and then quietly spoke. "I want to visit your mother." "M-my mom?"  I choked on my words. Yoona wanted to visit my mom? My mind went black when she said that. Why would she want to visit her? 

So, it’s not a secret wedding…

"Will you take me?" She asked her voice earnest though she kept looking down. "Of course," I answered immediately as we reached my car. 

The last time I visited my mom was...August. Suddenly guilt started to build up in me. I only visited her on her birthday...

"You're not mad are you?" She raised her head to look at me cautiously. My eyes widened. Me? Mad? I shook my head quickly. "Of course not. I'm...happy." I said truthfully as I got into the car. Yoona wanting to meet my mother even though she's gone it’s is the sweetest thing she can do. I never even thought that Yoona could be so thoughtful. 

She's something...

“I would love for you to meet her.” I said quietly reaching for her hand in the car and squeezing it. I really wish my mom was still alive. I wish she was here so she could meet my lovely girlfriend.

--

 

We reached the graveyard after an hour or so and walked up the hill to my mom's burial ground hand in hand. To be honest I was nervous so out of habit I gripped Yoona's hand tightly. 

It was alway hard visiting Umma. Sometimes I couldn't even reach her grave without bursting into tears. "There it is." I said shakily upon seeing the big burrow where she was buried in. Although something looked different. 

 

Someone had already been here before us. There were fresh new flowers-Lily's, her favorite. 

It couldn't have been my dad, no way. He's never visited her. Maybe Uncle? But, I doubt anyone besides me would know she loved Lily’s.

Yoona went towards the headstone and placed the colorful flowers next to the Lily's. "We should greet her," She said coming back to stand next to me. 

We bought our hands near our chest and formally bowed with our heads and hands touching the grass. And somehow we stayed like that seated on the grass. 

"I'm sorry, I don't visit you Umma," I said firstly. "I used to come every day." I brought my hands to my knees. After she died, I came to her grave every single day even falling asleep here sometimes until my driver came and took me away. 

"I want you to meet my girlfriend, Yoona." I introduced. "She really wants to meet you." I smiled looking at her. 

"Hi, Kai's Umma." Yoona greeted in a soft voice bowing once again. "I'm sorry I couldn't meet you in person. I'd love to met the women who gave birth to such a beautiful boy." I blushed at her words. 

"I promise to take care of your son always." She suddenly leaned closer and suddenly whispered something to my mother. "What are you saying?" I asked leaning closer. "Secret," She said putting a finger to with a sideways smile. I narrowed my eyes at her. 

"Just some girl stuff," She said standing up and giving out her hand for me which I gladly accepted. She sighed content and swung our arms back and forth. "What?" I asked raising our intertwined hands. She shrugged. "nothing, just I feel really happy." 

I smiled toothily at her. "That means I'm doing my job." I joked. She stopped swinging her hands and looked up at me with a sudden serious expression. "Do I...make you happy?" She asked softly. I stared at Yoona surprised. Why would she ask a question like this? Of course she makes me happy! There’s a reason why I asked her out. well…tried to.

"Yoona, you make me the happiest guy in the world. What makes you think I'm not happy?" I asked slightly hurt. Was she still unsure about my feelings for her? I clearly liked her...maybe even more. Why can't she be confident in our love? 

"Is Hyorin bothering you again?" I asked cupping her cheeks. She shook her head as she looked down at her feet. "It's just..." 

"Why do you like me?" She raised her head and looked at me with curiosity.

That question hit me by surprise. It took me a couple of seconds to think of my answer. 

“Yoona, to be honest I don’t know.” I said to her. She looked at me confused. 

“There’s something about you that draws me to closer to you everyday” I said looking at her lovingly. “You’re the most smartest girl I know, most prettiest girl next to my mom.” I said making her laugh. “…And your incredibly kind.” I said rubbing my thumb across her cheek affectionately. “Most girls only like me for one thing…and you saw beyond that.” I told her truthfully. “You looked at me as if I was a human being.”

"You accepted me Yoona." I said looking into her soft-doe eyes. "A few months ago I was a different person-someone I'd never want you to meet. You changed me in so many ways you have no idea." I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. She looked absolutely breathtaking at that moment. Her cheeks were tinted pink and her lips were plump and pouted and I so desperately wanted to kiss her but I held it back. 

I connected our foreheads together as I inhaled her scent.

"I like you more than you know." I told her.

 

A/N- lawlz this chapter is kinda short but this scene is important. it won't make sense now but it will later in da future DUN DUN DUNNNNN. el oh el. Damn guys a few days ago I updated and BAM A BAJILLION NEW SUBSCRIBERS! well welcome you beautiful babes! I hope ya'll stay with this story cause it only gets better from here. 

 

you'll end up wanting to kill me soon tho....spoiler alert. 

 

I'VE SAID TOO MUCH. ENJOY THE CHAPTER.

 

ENJOY THEIR LOVE WHILE IT LAST.