Chapter 23

A different world

Yoseob POV

"We can't doojoon." I repeated again after we moved away abit but his hand never left my waist. I missed his touch so much but now his touch is for someone else. Misun. Just thinking his touch is going to be hers is just making my blood boil up.

"Why can't we?"He frowned as he held me tighter. Just feeling his touch makes me happy.

"Because we can't. You're getting married to --" Before I could say anything he hugged me tightly. I sighed and hugged him back. Might as well savour the moment as long as I can.

"I don't want to get married to her. You are the one I want. Everything just happened so fast I couldn't do anything. I love you, Yoseob." My heart started to beat faster.

 

 

 

No one's POV

 

"I am only in love with you. You are the only one I want."Doojoon said as he buried his head on yoseob's shoulder.

"I love you too and you are also the one I want. But Doojoon... This. Us . We are not together anymore. " Yoseob said as tears were welling up in his eyes.

"We can be together!"Doojoon pulled yoseob away a bit and looked  at him in the eyes. Yoseob's eyes were sparkling under the moonlight.

"You are getting married Doojoon. And I am going to support you."Yoseob said with a sincere smile. Doojoon's heart broke at the sight. Why did everything had to become like this? What went wrong? Doojoon thought.

"Married?  I don't want to get married. If I do I want to get marrried I want to marry you. Not her.. Mijun or Jisun or something."Yoseob chuckled and hugged doojoon tight.

"Misun. Doojoon... next year. Next year will be different for us all. You and me going to different collage and you will be married to Misun. But our feelings for each other won't change. I am sure there will always be that little spark deep inside. I am not denying it. But next year, I won't be around that much anymore. I can't make you happy."Yoseob whispered.

"I am going to Italy." Yoseob lied as he closed his eyes. He was trying to move on. Nothing good had ever happen to them since the day when yoseob found out that doojoon was chang lay. He was desprately trying hard to move on with his life.

"If I said I would move to Italy with you, would you still be with me?" Doojoon asked softly. Yoseob smiled abit and pulled away from doojoon.

"Goodbye doojoon. I will see you at the wedding tomorrow." Yoseob said quietly and walked away.

They both didn't realised that junhyung was there the whole time. He heard everything. He shook his head and decided to follow yoseob and call the gang to tell them that he and yoseob are going home.

 

 

 

Junhyung opened yoseob's door slowly and saw an empty bed and yoseob's bathroom door was lit up. The water hitting on the tiled floors where heard clearly.

"Yoseob?" Junhyung said slowly. He heard that the shower turned off and and out came the half yoseob with a towel tied around his waist line.

"Junhyung... when did you come back? Where are the others? I thought you guys were going to karoke tonight?"Junhyung looked at yoseob carefully and saw something in the boy that he had never seen before.

"Yoseob. I was there. I heard the whole thing. What is it that is holding both of you back?"Yoseob tensed up a bit.

"Nothing. I just moved on." Yoseob replied as he made his way to the closet. He dressed in his pj's that he bought at Malaysia.

"Moved on? You don't look like you have moved on yoseob. There is somthing that I am not getting right now. What is it that is holding you back? I know you love him and he loves you. He even would stop his wedding for you. What is wrong?"Junhyung gestured yoseob to sit down next to him on the bed.

"I am scared. I am terrified."Yoseob slowly admitted to Junhyung.

"I don't believe that. There is something else. Something else that you are not telling me. What happend at Malaysia that has you all worked up in not being with doojoon?"Yoseob sighed and lied down the bed. Head faced the ceiling and junhyung beside him.

"Collage I guess."

"No. That is just all BS. I know there is something wrong." Yoseob groaned in frustration that junhyung wouldn't let this go.

"When I was at Malaysia, the professor.."Before yoseob could say anything else junhyung cut in." YOU SLEPT WITH YOUR PROFESSOR ?!" Yoseob rolled his eyes and sighed deeply

"No. I didn't slept with him. I was talking with the professor. I looked at how his life was. It was hard there for them. They weren't accepted. They were strangers. They also had a son . The son.... He was adorable. He was an outcast. I talked to them and last month they just got a divorce. You asked me why I didn't want to be with doojoon? Well, I am scared. What if our relationship doesn't work out? What if he doesn't love me anymore? What would be the point? I am just a mere nerd and he is the loveable jock who has the looks and everything. And what do I have? Nothing. I am just smart."Yoseob said. Junhyung lied down next to him and faced the biege coloured ceiling.

"How long?"

"I have known?" There was a slight nod from junhyung and yoseob continued to say"A few months back."

 

"How did you learn that you had...." 

"What? Cancer? A few months back. But I am at the early stages... I could easily get treatment. And that is why I did say anything about Italy. Because I am going to stay here." Junhyung turned to face yoseob and so did yoseob.

 

"Mom... she is a survior...  she is my role model in life. " yoseob continued to say. 

 

"Yeah, she is." 

 

"Are you going to tell anyone else about this?"Yoseob just shook his head and put his pointing finger to his mouth signalling to keep it a secret.