Finale

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER LXIV:

FINALE

 

Meanwhile, on that same day, in Narita, Japan.

 

Fr: DEE

 

HI, JJ. I WILL BE DELAYING MY FLIGHT. I’LL GO TO JAPAN NEXT WEEK SINCE I STILL HAVE A LOT OF THINGS TO TAKE CARE HERE. I’LL GIVE YOU AN UPDATE WHEN I’LL ARRIVE.

 

SAFE SKIES!

 

Kim Jaejoong had probably read Dara’s text for over a hundred of times due to frustrating boredom. He has been waiting in the arrival area for an hour, or more. He just came back from Seoul since his manager had been nagging him to come back already, and that his album has been delayed far too long. Admittedly, it was Jaejoong fault. He knew that and already apologized to his company and band members. But it seemed his manager was still holding grudges because Jaejoong had been staring at his phone for more than an hour now. No sign of his manager or anyone waiting for him by the arrival area.

 

He should just take a cab and be done with this waiting. But Jaejoong was told to wait because his new make-up artist was going to pick him up, and with him being his apologetic and reflecting self, he should follow what his company told him, even if that meant hours of actual waiting. Hoo-ing-ray. Why would they even send a makeup artist to pick him up?

 

Two hours.

 

His frayed patience was being stretched far too thin. He bolted upright. To hell with his reflection. He was going home and was going to sleep on his bed. But when Jaejoong swiveled on his feet, walking away, a voice called out to him. 

 

“Kim Jaejoong-san!” it was a girl’s voice, panting. “I’m so…so sorry for ru…running late! The traffic is insane!”

 

Jaejoong winced at the sudden announcement of his name. Great. He had painstakingly endured wearing his mask, cap and glasses despite the discomfort and here she comes, telling everyone about his identity. What the hell is wrong with this—

 

Jaejoongs thoughts halted when he turned to glare at that girl. Everything he wished to say suddenly dissipated at the sight of bullet silver hair, a round gray eyes and full lips of the person standing before him. For a second there, he thought he was staring at someone that wasn’t entirely human. He almost snorted at his self. Him, Kim Jaejoong, one among the ethereal looking celebrities, thought he was looking at a fairy? Ridiculous.

 

But she definitely caught his attention.

 

He lifted an eyebrow. “You are?”

 

“I’m your new make-up artist!” she said, beaming so brightly that Jaejoong was relieved he was wearing his shades. “My name is Miyagawa Hoshino.”

 

Now Jaejoong was intrigued. “You have a weird name.”

 

which was stretched into a wide wide smile fell open, regarding him in mock-offense. “Ehhh? You’re the first one to tell me that. Everyone says it’s pretty. It means—"

 

“Yes. I know what it means. That’s why it’s weird.” Jaejoong said, nodded his head, cutting her off. Of course, he knew. What was the world trying to play at? Of all the possible names, among the millions of names she could be given, it just had to be this. Such meaningful word which brought both poignant and painful sensations in his chest.

 

Star.

 

Was this another cruel joke?

 

Behind the dark lenses of his sunglasses, Jaejoong stared at her intently, studying that startling shade of gray in her eyes as it studied him back.

 

“You don’t like stars, do you?” the girl—Hoshino—suddenly blurted, squinting at him like she could read his thoughts.  “That’s the only reason I could think of.”

 

Her blunt words and cheery—bordering audacious—deamenor took Jaejoong off guard. Usually, brazen people who acted overly friendly with him annoyed Jaejoong. But with this girl staring at him in genuine curiosity as though she was truly truly intrigued, he found himself responding. “I just…I’m no longer fond of them." He shrugged. 

 

They should be leaving. What the heck were they doing there conversing like long time friends? But given the air of confidence she exudes, on that golden ray of light every extrovert carried around them, responding to Hoshino was strangely easy. Jaejoong could bet she had thousands of friends and all of them interacted with her physically—and probably on a monthly basis.  Jaejoong then pivoted on his heel, walking away, pulling his luggage with him. Behind him, Hoshino follwed in hurried steps, keeping up with his long strides.

 

“Well, that’s not a problem.” she chirped as they reached the exit where a car was waiting for them in the parking lot.  “With me around, you will like them back in no time.”  

 

They both alighted the car, Jaejoong at the backseat while Hoshino sat behid the steering wheel. She started the engine and drove the car effortlessly, careful not to hit any bumps on the road as Jaejoong reclined on his seat. He sighed in relief, finally finally finally being able to rest his back on a more welcoming seat compared to the hard benches in the airport. 

 

But strange enough, despite his tired self, he couldn’t sleep.

 

“Why?” he asked.

 

Hoshino smiled quizzically as a response, her eyes glued on the road. “Hmm?”

 

“Why do you think I’ll like them back?”

 

“Because I’m Hoshino,” she answered without missing a beat, sparing a few seconds to look at him through the mirror, casting him a look that was both confident and alluring and kinda childish if you’d ask Jaejoong, when she added, “I will be your star.”

 

The man merely stared at her, unusure if he should laugh or roll his eyes, while Hoshino refocused her attention back on the road, whistling to herself, trying to hide the undeniable blush on her cheeks. 

 

Perhaps it was the simple comfort of being able to lay his back on the cushion after hours of sitting idly, or perhaps it was of the way she smiled at him like she was well aware of how silly she sounded but was also hell-bent on making it happen, because when Jaejoong turned his face away from her, closing his eyes, he couldn’t stop the smile blossoming on his lips.

 

Hoshino.

 

Weird name. Weirder owner.


 

 

Back in Seoul, South Korea.

 

Donghae found himself grinning stupidly as he stood in the familiar coral-shaded living room of his girlfriend, wearing a fluffy white robe that looked rather small on him, as it hung several inches above his knees. It was Dara’s bathrobe, mercifully, fitting him, although not enough to cover his legs, but enough to at least cover the essential parts of his body as he waited for his clothes to be dry cleaned.

 

Despite looking ridiculous like that, the man didn’t seem bothered the least. The world might as well turn upside down, and he would still be grinning widely like that. Nothing as in nothing could bother him at this point. Because Donghae had ascended into higher realm of happiness where everything around him seemed to burst with confetti and his head is full of rainbows, and flowers and cotton candies.

 

My girlfriend.

 

No number of awards could compare to the triumph that swelled in his heart the moment Dara agreed to be his girlfriend. It was a miracle how he stayed sanely on his spot instead of jumping right through the plastic roof of that playhouse. Damn, of all the places where he could share something so special with her, it was inside a child’s makeshift house, not that it was bad enough, he actually forgot that he was still drenched in mud while confessing his heart out to her. If his Super Junior members would hear about this,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter