"...A pretense I'd rather enjoy"

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter XXIII: "...A pretense I'd rather enjoy"

 

 

 

 “We will tell everyone that you are a couple and happily in love with each other.”

 

I gaped at him in stunned disbelief, and he looked at me through the corners of his eye. Am I imagining things or is he smiling? How the hell did he manage to smile in this situation???

 

It took me a delicious moment to comprehend with what Jungmin hyung had stated- or what was he actually plotting behind that.

 

‘Couple and happily in love with each other’ I lingered on those words, imagining the sight of both of us, where I can freely cuddle and kiss her whenever I like…Yes. That, I want!

 

“You’ll only need to act as a real couple for two to three months, just until the issue dies down.”

 

I heard him add, and my lovely visions of our lovey dovey future, exploded like a dust from slammed book.  I sighed, just for a short period of time?

 

I finally willed myself to take a look at Sansan- after that kiss, and now with this scandal, I really don’t know how to talk to her- she looked as surprised as I was, but her expression grimly showed objection against the plan. It kinda pained me to see it. As if she was disgusted by the thought of bearing with me as my girlfriend.   

 

“But that’s absurd, hyung!” I finally spoke. If she were to express her objection; I’d rather do it first. It’ll be less painful that way. I felt their entire gaze darted at me- scrutinizing and deadly; Hyung’s was the most murderous one! But I shrugged it all away.

 

“It’s not that I don’t like the idea, it’s perfectly fine with me! I mean…” I stammered and turned to meet Sansan’s stare.

 

“I don’t want to force Sansan and have her act as my girlfriend against her will.” I held her firm in my gaze but she immediately broke it off and turned to face the other way. Was she blushing? Oh no… impossible.  

 

“Dara, what do you think about the plan?” Her assistant asked, and I grew anxious over her answer. Accept me. Accept me. Accept me! I’ll be a good boyfriend! Promise! I know how foolish it is, but I kept chanting those words inside me until she finally spoke.

 

She sighed and I pursued my lips tightly in anticipation. “I am partly at fault for involving myself in this scandal. I admit I was reckless,” I felt a pang of guilt hummed inside my chest, if only I controlled myself last night. UGH! I stopped blaming myself and focused with what she was saying.  “And if this is the only option we have…I agree to be Donghae’s fake girlfriend.”

 

She agreed? SHE AGREED! I felt a fluttering happiness as if I had won an award. YEY! I have won a trophy girlfriend!

 

‘A.TROPHY.GIRLFRIEND.’

 

 Wow. How dense can I be? If only the word ‘fake’ was pulled out of her statement, then it would be nicer to hear. Regardless of how the situation turned out to be, the fact remains that she is only acting as my partner, but this is a pretense I’d rather enjoy.

 

A slow smile swept across the corner of my lips, thinking that this can actually be the chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter