They Meet Again

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter V: They Meet Again

 

The once office was now a torture chamber for Donghae. He was so shocked, that words couldn't even come out from his mouth.

 

“That was the initial plan,” added by Soo Man. He knew if we would not speak up, the poor guy might faint.

 

“Wha.. what do you mean Sajangnim?” Donghae asked, his eyes bouncing from one man to the other. 

 

“He was to arrest you and bring you to the police station for interrogation,” Soo Man need not any questioning for he already knew what was happening. He knew Donghae killed a man.

 

“I was asked by your president to conduct the interrogation here inside his office, So that unnecessary scandals can be avoided.” Inspector Yang said.

 Was it possible to do so? Will he still be arrested after? Should he lie and deny the truth?  Donghae was torn for what he should do.

 

“Just tell him the truth Donghae-ah.”

He flinched upon hearing what his sajangnim said. Was he reading his mind? Impossible.

 

“That’s right Mr. Lee. All I need is your statement for now. I won’t arrest you yet” He stated while taking out a small notepad and pen then continued “Not until you have a fair trial”

Donghae agreed to answer the officer’s questions, he did not care about a certain “right to remain silent” as of the moment for he knew he was innocent and there is nothing to hide. He narrated every detail that happened during that dreadful night, the inspector on the other hand scribbles every word he say as if it was a treasure needed to be kept.

 

After several minutes of non-stop talking, Donghae finally concludes the story. He tried his very best to convince both men inside the room that he is innocent.  

 

“Thank you for your cooperation Donghae sshi. It is best to seek for legal aid in this matter as soon as possible. The person who has filed the case against you is quite powerful”

 

He’s eyes lit up in hope.

 

 “You’ll not arrest me?”

 

“We won’t be detaining you until you are proven guilty by the court. You are under strict surveillance. That means you cannot step beyond the boundaries of Seoul”

 

 “How about my schedule?”

 

“I have cancelled all of the projects and schedules you have outside the City for the entire month. So just focus on your case.”

 

“I did what I must do so I’ll get going now. Thank you again President  Lee, Donghae sshi.” He bowed then exited himself from the office with a face of satisfaction and contentment from the success of his confidential interrogation.

 

Not letting the wooden door have its chance to shut, President Lee’s secretary came into the room.

 

“Chairman Lee, I had already contacted Atty. Seol, he said to…” The secretary was cut by the man’s sudden disapproval.

 

“What? That coward? No way! Cancel his service.” President Lee demanded.

 

“But chairman, Atty. Seol had been the company lawyer for years”

 

“Not for this case.” His voice was firmer now. As if telling them he knew something heinous about that lawyer yet refused to spill the beans.

 

 “I know someone better” Now he was smiling. he showed them a smile of both mischief and pride

 

Lounging Area 9:50 AM

Donghae came back to where his friends were waiting for him. He saw them trying their best to keep themselves busy, somewhere tapping their mobile phones, others were just playing with whatever they saw and the rest just stared outside the gigantic glass window. 

 

“Hey, guys.”  As they hear Donghae’s voice their heads snap towards his direction in an instant. Despite himself, he can’t help himself but laugh with the animated behavior of his friends.

 

“So what happened Hae?” Siwon asked him curious for how the guy managed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter