A Revelation

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter XIX: A Revelation

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

“JJ?” I stared at his face not long enough until a brilliant idea popped in my mind “JJ!” I grinned and felt my eyes sparkling as if he’s the oasis amidst a desolate dessert. This, my friends is the effect of hunger.

 He jerked back by my sudden shriek and wore an amused expression. “You missed me that much?”

 

 

I took a deep breath, savoring the aroma of garlic tingling through my nostrils, and then I sighed. Mmmhmm!

Dipping a fork in the bowl, I took a mouthful of pasta and boy, was it so good! It was heaven! I slurped and munched as I devour into the richness of its flavors. With much gusto I smiled in delight not realizing that I looked like a complete retard.

 

“I’m still here,” a voice said and there I notice a pair of dark brown eyes keenly observing my indulgence.

Oh, I forgot about him.

Apparently I had Jaejoong prepare his special pasta for my protesting stomach and here I am, enjoying myself with this impeccable meal.

 

I beamed a smile of satisfaction and held two thumbs up.  “Your pasta still is the best! Jjang JJ jjang” I said, still chewing. He was grinning at me, seemingly enjoying the sight in front of him. “I missed this big time!” I added while raising the bowl.

 

JJ leaned both elbows against the dining table with one hand cupping his face “And here I thought I was the one you missed,” he was now scowling acting all offended with what I said.

 

“Of course I also missed you but I missed this more” I cooed and teased at the same time “I should learn cooking. Aigoo, I’m hopeless”

 

He tilted his head. “What for? I can cook for you every day if you want to,” his tone was of intent and I take that this guy was serious with the cooking service. 

 

“I appreciate your thoughtfulness but I can’t possibly let you do that,” I sort of reprimanded since I really don’t want him to do that

 

“Why? Is it because of my work?”

 

I peered up to him and gave an arched brow

 

“Yes, captain obvious.”

 

He returned my gaze with an intense stare, a stare by which any woman can be swooned over but unfortunately I am not a woman when I’m with this man.

 

“But you’re much more important than that Dee”

 

“You know how I loathe bothering other people with my necessities. Don’t take your work for granted because of me… Pabo,” I scoffed  

 

His brows furrowed while eyes squinted in slits. Calling him stupid is one thing he never liked but I enjoy teasing him with that. 

 

“Yah! If only you don’t look so thin then I won’t worry about your health. Dara, pabo!” Now it was my time to frown.

 

“Hey I am petite but perfectly healthy. You’re the one who should check his health. You look pale as a vampire!” I answered back and reached towards the fridge for some water.

 

“My fans find it y” I heard him say, proud and loud.

 

I turned to him with a serious face and leaned against the kitchen counter.  “That’s bull crap Jaejoong.”

 

“Still with the sharp tongue eh, missy?” 

 

I sighed while grazing back at the table “Anyway, how did you know where I live?”

 

“Well, I was waiting for someone to text or call me for weeks but nothing came” At that, I mentally winced.  I forgot to tell him about leaving for Paris. “So earlier, I decided to visit you at the firm and there they told me you went to Europe but good thing your assistant informed me you’ll arrive today”

 

“So Youngbae told you where I live?”

 

“Youngbae was his name? Oh. Yeah but that guy was weirdly protective of you”

 

“Why?” I asked him but not of such amusement. Youngbae is always protective and hearing this from JJ is not surprising but still I’m curious.

 

“He told me to show ‘acceptable evidence’ to prove my relation with you. Do I even look like a cunning guy? Or worst a nasty stalker who’ll follow you in your house? I'm a celebrity for goodness sake.”

 

He was talking in a manner of quite exaggeration that I can’t help but laugh. “Youngbae is a paralegal and soon to be lawyer, fairly understandable why he acts that way. And he’s my assistant after all. He learned a lot from me” I boasted while Jaejoong just rolled his eyes. “So, what ‘acceptable evidences’ did you show?” 

 

He began to dig through his pocket for something and soon pulled out his wallet. I watched him unfold and lift the piece of hard paper. He flipped it, giving me a clear view of that tattered photograph.

 

My eyes w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter