A Mysterious Woman

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter XVII: A Mysterious Woman

 

 

 

The morning came and the two were still sleeping, curled up in each other’s arms.

It was Dara who first had the urge of waking up because of the rare warmth she felt against her body. She flutters her eyes open only to be greeted by Donghae’s dozing face. He was dangerously close, his breath tingling against her skin while he gives off a series of subtle snores. She examined him, telling in her mind that it was not a dream, but why would he be in her bed? Unless…

She snapped her head down, checking her body under the covers. Clothes? Check. His clothes? Check. There’s no need to panic, they simply slept together in one bed.

Dara was fully awake now, she wanted to get out of the bed but the arms s around her waist kept her locked up with him.

She flicked a finger on his forehead so hard that he winced in pain.

“OW! What the heck?! That hurts!” he yelped while caressing his reddened forehead.

“Well, good morning to you too”

 “Would it kill you to wake me up gently??”

“I am actually gentle just by doing that. If you were with other girls you’re probably end up with broken bones” She said while letting herself roll out of the disheveled bed. “Care to tell me why you’re here?”

“You don’t remember?”

“I won’t if you wouldn’t tell me”

“You were enjoying your sleep, you didn’t even want to get up from the car” he said, following her behind as she walks out of the room and into the kitchen

 

“Does that require for you to sleep with me?” she said, suddenly turning around and faced Donghae, which made the latter halt in his steps

 

“w-well,” he starts stuttering as he remembers what happened. What should he tell her? That he was busy gawking then she woke up and mistook him for another guy? No, definitely not.

 

“You begged for me to sleep with you” Dara’s face was unreadable, no trace of suspicion nor amusement. It took a few seconds when a glint of guilt glimmered in her expression

 

“Did I suppose c-call…” she bit her lip and hesitated. Donghae was mentally wishing for her not to mention about that part. It was really an awkward moment.

“Aaish. Never mind.”

 

 

The two of them settled at the dining area, Dara was preparing their coffee while Donghae sat staring at the girl.  Should I ask her? He thought

 

“So… You and Jaejoong,” he started with voice full of uneasiness but was eager enough to continue “are you uhm, you two da---”

“NO” she cut him off with a monotonous response

“Chincha? You don’t have to deny it, you know” what? Why did I just say that? What if she’ll approve? Damn.

 

“It’s none”

“What do you mean?”

 Dara went to sit with him in the table “It’s none of your business” she stated while having a sip of her black coffee, sounding as bitter as the hot beverage.

 

“Well, you proclaimed infront of him that I was your friend. So as a friend I am curious.” He answered back, lifting his own cup of coffee as he kept his sight onto her.

 

She scoffed at his attempt to outwit her “ I know what you’re thinking about us and the answer is no”

 

The guy did not respond instead he held Dara firmly in his gaze. He knew something was up between the two and there’s a reason why she denies it but right now forcing her to tell him won’t do good.

 

“You should leave, because I still need to pack my things”­  It only took a few seconds, Dara was now at the living room, dragging an empty luggage towards the couch.

 

Donghae remained in his seat since the image of the girl was still clear in his line of sight “Why? Are you leaving?”

 She nodded while busying herself with the segregation of the clothes she’ll need and those which will only be a burden to bring

 

 “Where?... Why?.. When? When are you coming back?” He bombarded her with questions as how parents usually interrogate their children

 

Dara arched her eyebrows on him “What an inquisitive guy. You should be a reporter and not an idol” She bantered.

 

“I just want to know, nothing is wrong about that” Donghae mumbled but loud enough for her to hear.

 

“To satisfy your curiosity, I am leaving for Paris today. Why? Its work and when I come back? Probably after a week or so” she informed him

 

He perked up, looking appalled by what she said “That long?!”

“You’re exaggerating my friend, it’s not that long”  Dara approached him and handed both of his jacket and shoes.

 

A dismayed sigh escaped from his mouth. There’s this unsettling solitary in his being which he can’t deny. He wanted to be with her, every day, every hour and every second and that selfishness drives him mad. Was it still just a mere attracti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter