'Hae'

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter XLII:

'Hae'

 

Meanwhile, the subject of their conversation had finally taken notice of the close proximity between Heechul and Sandara, and he, absolutely, didn’t like that.

 

Donghae frowned; his focus disrupted that he ended up ruining his synchrony with Jessica.

 

“Okay, that’s enough!” Their choreographer announced; clicked on the remote in his hands and the music inside came to a hasty halt. “Take a rest, Donghae-ssi and Jessica-ssi. You did great.”

 

Both of them bowed at the man.

 

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Jessica placed her nail-polished hand gingerly on his shoulders after noticing the scowl on his face, squeezing it subtly in seek for his attention.  Donghae, however, simply shook his head and gave the girl an assuring smile. He kept his focus on the two people, who at the moment were immersed in their own little world as they conversed with each other.

 

Donghae was disappointed.

 

Wasn’t he good enough to take hold of her entire attention?

 

Wasn’t he showing enough of his dancing skills to make her swoon over him?

 

Wasn’t he sweating enough to look y in front of her?

 

Well…wasn’t it what that author stated in her seduction tips? It was particularly mentioned how sweat could trigger women’s interest. But why did it seem that his efforts weren’t paying off? Dara looked far from being interested, rather she seemed royally bored and now, her attention was with his Heechul hyung.  She was even laughing and smiling with him, seemingly enjoying his company that she perhaps, forgot the existence of other people inside the room.

 

He didn’t like it, absolutely hated it, because the guy wanted to be the only recipient that rare smile.

 

This is not good…

 

Then his gaze automatically zoomed in on the mouth that was whispering against Dara’s ear.

 

…Definitely not good.

 

“Yah, hyung!” Donghae called from the middle of the practice room. “Stop clinging with my girlfriend and get your over here. It’s your turn to practice with Yoona!”

 

Heechul, on the other hand, shot him a glare. “This brat!” he muttered under his breath before turning towards Dara once more, muttering, “If you do those things, I guarantee he’d be willing to be your slave.” He gave her one last grin and wiggled his brows, flashing his thumbs up before standing and proceeded to join his said partner on the dance floor. 

 

Donghae, however, saw the menace behind that grin.

 

“What did you tell her, hyung?” he asked once the man reached the spot beside him.

 

 “Hm, nothing important.” The older shrugged.

 

Donghae squinted. “C’mon, tell me!” He stood in front of the man, blocking his way and planned to do that all day until he was able to have his answer. “Tell me!” he repeated in a persistent fashion as though what Heechul told Dara was some kind of information which could save millions of lives or some kind of peace tactic that could end wars. Well, it could save a life, and it was his. Who knows? Maybe he could save his self from marinating into another bowl of humiliation, because whispering and Kim Heechul was never a good combination. He loved his hyung, but, damn, the man was nastier and more devious than their evil maknae. Who could blame the guy for being so suspicious?

 

Seemingly understanding Donghae’s pathetic theory of his mischievous ways, Heechul rolled his eyes, sighing. Then he leaned closer and drawled, “Ya really wanna know?”

 

Of course, the man wanted to know!

 

Donghae nodded. He was bobbing his head too eagerly that the poor guy missed the glint of mischief in the older’s eyes and forgot another fact that a drawling Kim Heechul should never be trusted.

 

Pulling Donghae’s head closer towards him, Heechul began with a prolonged, “Well” in which was followed by his next words, “I just told her that you’re still an unexperienced man and I hope she’ll help you with it.”

 

Donghae thought about it for a moment. And upon realizing what Heechul meant, the man instantly stiffened on his spot.  Then he looked at the latter, completely and utterly petrified. “You better be joking, hyung.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter