To Fend off the Panda

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter XLVIII:

To Fend off the Panda

 

 

19:03 KST

First attempt

 

Bom announced the delay of their practice. Instead of 7:00 pm sharp, it was pushed back an hour later, so the two conniving idols took advantage of the opportunity.

 

“Is this going to work?” Donghae shot Jaejoong a dubious look, while the other guy nodded his assurance. The two were hiding behind a huge pillar, peeping occasionally past it where the comfort room for men was situated from the other side.

 

“Of course,” Jaejoong said. “Seungri will step out of that room any moment now, and when he will, I’ll click on this then BAM! The camera will capture the moment.”

 

It was a pretty decent prank, and admittedly quite hilarious if successful, Donghae thought as he nodded. They made sure that when Seungri slipped inside the comfort room, they’d filled the door with plasters of transparent packing tapes, as if creating another separate door made out of it. Of course, the sticky part was faced the other way so when the victim steps outside, he’d be welcomed by a damnation of adhesive tapes slapping his face.

 

And to make sure they’d keep a memorabilia of Seungri’s flattened face, they placed a tripod and a camera right in front of the comfort room.

 

“We’ll use that picture to blackmail him,” Jaejoong added. “And Seungri, as an idol, will do anything to avoid his hideous pic surrounding around the internet.”

 

Donghae could only nod again, because, heck, if it was him, he’ll be willing to do anything as well to avoid the catastrophe of this humiliation. He felt a pint of sympathy for Seungri because he’s the victim, but then, the playful child inside of him couldn’t wait for the outcome of this harmless prank. It would be hilarious!

 

They just have to wait now.

 

A few seconds more, then finally the sound of a toilet flush resounded from within the men’s room and Donghae could feel the menace giggling excitedly within him, eager and anticipating for the result of this scotch tape prank.

 

The knob twisted, followed by a squeaking noise produced by the hinges as the door was pulled open.

 

“AGH!”

 

When a sudden yelp thundered around the area, Jaejoong hurriedly clicked on the remote. A flash and snapping sounds then resounded behind them.

 

"We got him!"

 

They both snickered in triumph, but stopped when the victim roared again in an infuriated growl.

 

“What the hell?! Who did this?! Come out now, you lil !” the voice bellowed. “I’m going to get you”—psssssssssssssssshh—“aaah! My eyebrows! Damn it, I’m really going to get—Ah, oww oww, my hair…”

 

But it wasn’t the fury in that voice which caused their eyes to widen in panic. It was the voice alone—a voice which clearly didn’t belong to Lee Seungri.

 

Donghae’s head snapped at Jaejoong. “That’s not a panda,” he whispered in urgency. “That’s a freaking monkey!”

 

Jaejoong shot him a bewildered look. “I—I don’t know!”

 

Then across from where the two culprits stood, Lee Seungri, the supposed victim—emerged from another door, looking satisfied as he wiped his hands with a tissue.

 

“This resort has a weird lavatory,” he mused as he titled his head, wondering why there were no urinals back there but only cubicles and stuff.  

 

Donghae saw this and huffed in complete disbelief.

 

“What the hell?” he grumbled. “He just went out of the ladies rest room and he has no idea about it!”

 

First attempt— failed.

 

19:20 KST

 

Second attempt

 

“You sure this is going to work?” now it was Jaejoong giving Donghae a doubtful look.

 

 “I don’t know.” The guy shrugged, and then he swept his gaze to his side. “You sure about this, Hyuk?”

 

Eunhyuk, who now wore band aids on both of his brows, nodded confidently at the other two, flashing two thumbs up at them.

 

“I saw this prank on Youtube, and I thought it was a freaking morbid and funny one. This will work,” he assured. Then with an afterthought, he curled his upper lip in contempt. “Unlike your failed prank which, by the way, gave me an unexpected waxing on the face. Damn thanks to you two,” he hissed. “Seriously, why didn’t you even made sure the right person is inside that restroom? Pabos.”

 

Donghae tried to suppress his laughter but failed miserably. “You gotta admit, though. That was funny,” he said in between a boisterous laughter.

 

 Jaejoong laughed along. “Yeah. When I’m sad I could just look at your picture and laugh like crazy.”

 

“Shut up, you bastards.” Eunhyuk threw a glare at them. “If I haven’t notice you two lurking behind that pillar, I would never know you’re the reason behind that prank.”

 

“That’s why you’re here now, right?” Jaejoong patted his back. “Instead of lashing your anger at us, why not join the fun?”

 

When Eunhyuk was about to respond, a knock came reverberating from the other side of the door.

 

A male attendant appeared the moment Donghae opened the door. “Mr. Lee Donghae?”

 

“Ah, yeah, that’s me.” Donghae nodded at him, and when he did, the attendant took a dainty red velvet box, that looked like it contained a piece of cake or chocolates, from his side. He gave it to Donghae with an obvious suspicion creasing his eyebrows.

 

“Uhm, is this really what you asked for, sir?” The boy’s eyes flickered towards the box before looking back at Donghae. “A…a box of co-cockroaches?” he inquired.

“Yeah, you got that right!” Eunhyuk’s voice piped in and when Donghae glanced at him, the man was already edging in the door frame, taking the box himself instead. “Thank you!”

 

With a final bow, Donghae closed the door, and turned to look at his best friend.

 

“Holy sh—it’s vibrating!” Eunhyuk grinned in complete mischief. “Can you just imagine how many roaches are in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter