Press Conference

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter XXV:

Press Conference

 

 

It has been one week, one whole week since the uproar of an unexpected controversy. Time ran fast but not fast enough for the scandal to waver. In fact, the rumor erupted even more after the authentication of SM entertainment with regards the news of Lee Donghae dating his lawyer. All sides remained silent, promising the public that answers will only be given in a scheduled press conference. Alongside this announcement was the shattering of thousand feminine hearts, an escalatory loss of members in SUJU’s fancafe and lesser projects for the idol involved.

 

 However, his fame never ceased, rather it blossomed to its highest peak; ‘Lee Donghae’ was everywhere. His name plastered in every magazine, newspaper, website, fanpage and even on the social community sites, ‘#leedonghae’, ‘#donghaehasGF’, ‘#donghaeandhislawyer’ and whatnots were always a worldwide trend.

 

As for the lawyer, Sandara Park was always chased by journalists, reporters and paparazzi that all seemed to partake in a race of professional rivalry, and who ever got her statement first was the winner. But Dara never gave her side of the story to anyone. She kept her silence just as what manager Yun has asked of her. She tried to stay calm, composed and unmoving amidst the increasing negative comments and criticisms she frustratingly faced every day. It was inevitably hard and discouraging yet she pried herself to be patient, if they denied all of the news, worst comments and criticisms will dart her way.

 

Angered sasaeng fans would always gave her the hardest time. Mysterious flying rocks thrown at her, falling pots and vases appear out of the blue, delivery of boxes and packages with disgusting body parts—which, obviously, came from animals, and other delirious death threats aroused every day. Even her car was not an exemption from their rage. Her poor Porsche was swarmed with dismaying scratches that she had to resort with repainting it all the time and parking it in a more secluded and private lot. She was also a never ceasing worldwide trend, but her name was accompanied with either ‘fame-’ or ‘flirty ’.

 

*****

 

“Sujucat3256: WAE OPPA? WAE??????! #leedonghae”

 

“Ilovefishymaerksi: who the hell is this fame- sandara park?? #leedonghae #killthelawyer”

 

“sujuholicxxz: I wanna die right now. KILL ME! #leedonghae #donghaehasGF

 

“dami001: those pictures! OMG! I want to see the ’s face clearer! #donghaeandhislawyer”

 

“myhaefish: calm your horses everyone! He is only a man! A man who fell in love… Don’t judge them right away! He is not ours in the first place #leedonghae #congratzLD #behappyfishy “

 

“sujuholicxxz: But why the lawyer? Is there any picture with her clear face?? I want to see her face then I’ll judge her  #killthelawyer #donghaehasGF”

 

 “limerickasuju; @sujuholicxxz: But why the lawyer? Is there any picture with her clear face?? I want to see her face then I’ll judge her  #killthelawyer #donghaehasGF” There will actually be a prescon and I am sure she’ll go with Donghae. Let’s wait for it! ”

 

“luckyELFx: Congrats oppa and his girlfriend! I’ll try my best not to cry watching the presscon T.T #donghaehasGF”

 

 

Hundreds of immature comments were left unread but Donghae stopped with his browsing and slammed the cellphone shut.  A long exasperated sigh came out of his mouth as rubbed his neck with both hands. “My fans are damn sweet and supportive,” he mumbled with utmost sarcasm and laid his back against the soft head rest of the office’s couch. Two hours still left before the conference but his manager instructed him to come early…not exactly two hours early, though.

 

One week passed since he had spoken with Sandara. A week’s length of torture without the sight of his beloved atty. Park and her calling him ‘babe’ only made the longing worst.

‘See you later, babe’

‘See you later, babe’

‘See you later, babe’

 

It was a honey-glazed music which kept echoing inside his mind and he wanted to hear more of it.  But Manager Yun specifically told them not to contact or meet each other before the press conference to avoid unnecessary and extraneous scandal. He understood his point but the part of not contacting her? That he didn’t understand.

 

Another thing which kept the week all ed up was the rage of his SUJU co- members. He wouldn’t even dare remember how cold t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter