The Unexpected

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter XXIX:

The Unexpected

 

 

7:09 AM

 

The sun rose so blatantly high among the shreds of cottony-clouds, cascading the whole city with its marvelous luminescence. The trees swayed ever so graceful as the wind gently blew against its crown, carrying a couple of brown leaves down on to the concrete pavement of the sullen roads; little birds singing the song of the morning’s spectacle. It was a majestic sight, a beautiful day that was so enticingly pleasurable to conquer . . . or not.

 

Dara unceremoniously pulled the curtains of her window, concealing the damned sunshine behind her thick drapes and groaned a low growl so hoarse she sounded like a bulldog. She cursed whoever thought of choosing the time so early for people to start their respected jobs, loathed the sun for emitting such an irritating and blinding light and despised all the freaking birds chirping continuously that it felt like her head was hammered in a million times.

 

Damn them all!                                              

                                                          

She slumped back into her bed—the only thing she didn’t hate as of the moment and buried her face deep into the cushion, hoping that somehow it can help reduce her excruciating headache.

 

Her phone suddenly rang and her head pounded even more against the blaring noise. She tried to ignore, but the ringing did not stop. She groaned once again yet it came out along with a murderous intent as she slithered out of her bed and answered the phone call.

 

“Good morning, babe!” The cheerful voice of Donghae greeted her behind the line. Dara rolled her eyes so hard before speaking; “There is no good in this morning. Goodbye!” She said in chunks of a broken tone and found herself quite surprised to hear her own voice that way. “Wait!” Donghae grumbled, even before she was able to cut the line. “Why are you grumpy so early in the morning?” 

 

“Exactly, it is so early in the morning and you are disturbing me.” She sneered.

 

“Hey, you should feel gratified that I, Lee Donghae; the most sought after bachelor in Korea is sparing his precious time to greet you a ‘good morning!’”

 

“ I am deeply touched, your greatness.” The girl said with utmost sarcasm.

 

She heard him took a sharp intake of breath before responding; “You’re supposed to go to work, right?”

 

‘Work…yes, damn it, he’s right.’ She told herself. There was so many tasks needed to do and excusing herself from those responsibilities won’t be an option for now. She sighed. “Yes. And I am on my way now.” She walked her way into the bathroom with the phone near her ear.

 

“Okay then, I’ll wait for you.” He said and Dara stiffened for a moment. “What?”

 

“I’m here outside. Hurry up!” She checked the window and truly, he was there. Donghae waved at her with his back reclined against the side of his car, looking fresh and clean. While there she was; all haggard and looked like .

 

A few minutes after washing and prepping herself up, Dara abruptly strolled her way out of the house. “I have my car. I can drive my way to the office.” She said as she came to approach Donghae.

 

“Yes you can, but I won’t allow you.” He replied, giving her a cheeky smile.

 

She stared at him through an in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter