Press Conference II

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter XXVI:

Press conference II

 

 

 

 

“I am in love with my lawyer, and yes, we are in a relationship.” 

 

Dara’s eyes snap up to read his face. Clearly, she was caught off guard with his sudden— or rather, unnecessary, blunt statement. How reckless can he be by professing in front of the whole Korea that fast? Can’t he just start everything slow paced and leave the until the end?

 

The studio was quiet. Nothing was heard but flickering of cameras and some whines of awe upon his courageous words.

 

However, all Dara could hear was the devious chants of fuming female voices at the back of her mind, wishing for her to face an untimely death.  She swallowed her stomach as she spun with a semblance of both delirium and anxiety, though she found it sweet, the fact that her life will be in grave danger after the conference still remains.

 

 

“Perfect. Now, I’ll be good as dead.” She thought and mentally heaved an exasperated sigh. More rocks, more falling pots and more scratches will surely welcome her tomorrow.

 

She contemplated on whether to finally accept a life insurance or to better prepare her last will and testament.  Who knows what might happen? At least she was ready.

 

 

Dara was prying herself to stay calm and flashed Donghae the sweetest smile she could manage. To her surprise, the guy reached in to brush her cheek with the tip of his fingers.

 

“You’re pale, babe.” He said, worried.  For one infinitesimal moment, Dara felt as though, it was only the two of them inside the room. No press people, no cameras, no glares, no one else but herself and Lee Donghae.

 

His eyes

 

His lips

 

His eyes

 

His lips

 

His lips!

 

“I’m fine,” she uttered a whisper of assurance, one conscious effort to break away from his drilling stare.

 

Dara willed herself not to be swayed by his intimate stare. For god’s sake! They were still watched by thousands of eyes, and part of those spectators was her family and friends.  Never would she allow them to witness her melting like butter on a hot pan, because of a guy.

 

Dealing with her family about the news was far harder than those delirious sasaeng fans. She had to explain herself from all their overflowing questions; ‘Where did you meet this guy?’, ‘Is he treating you like a princess? Well, he should!’, ‘How long have you been together?’ and other further interrogations. It would take one convincing story to satisfy their skepticism; however, Dara was never an exceptional liar when it comes to her parents.

 

 

“How long are you together Donghae-ssi?” A voice from the benches intercepted her trance.

 

“Not so long,” Donghae turned to face a mid-aged balding man.  “I harbored secret feelings on her way back when we saw each other for the first time but I was preoccupied by stress over my case so I decided not to tell her yet.” It was partly a lie and partly a fact. He did find her beautiful and alluring when he first saw her at the bar but he never entertained that budding infatuation─ not until he realized it was already love he was feeling.

 

“When did you tell her then?” The man added.

 

‘I thought only one question per person is allowed?’ Sandara thought, but shrugged it off immediately since it was not the thing she should be worrying herself with.

 

“After my innocence had been proclaimed, I was just too happy that I burst with tears in front of her and before I knew it, words just came out of my mouth. Right there— that very moment, I told her that I love her.” Donghae mused, rubbing his nape as he flushed in embarrassment.

 

Dara watched him, amused and incredulous.  He was good in acting! ─ So good that she even found herself in the verge of believing his story.

 

 “So Atty. Park, what did you say after he told you about his feelings?” She flinched on her seat, suddenly unaware on where she was, but immediately regained her composure; now, it was her turn to lie.

 

 

“I said no.” Dara fatly responded, and she could swear Donghae almost fell on his seat. “I was his lawyer. Engaging in an intimate relationship with my client would be… absurd.”

 

Confusion was drawn in everyone’s face. Manager Yun and Donghae only gaped at her, bids of sweat already forming on their foreheads.

 

 

 “That was what I thought.” She added. “I soon realized that I also liked him.” She shrugged her shoulders at both men and impishly smirked at them.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

YG building, Dance studio

 

 

After hours of tiring practices, CL and her co-member, Minzy decided to take a break and freshen up their bodies from total exhaustion.

 

“Unnie, let’s grab some snacks.” Minzy suggested as they walked their way out of the warm and dingy practice room.

 

“Sure,” she replied and gave her a tired nod. She actually doesn’t want to do anything. Her body desperately needed rest.  The schedule of the duo was a load of endless performances, interviews, photoshoots and TV guestings that she, herself is surprised to see that she can still manage to walk despite the unimaginable fatigue.   

 

They reached the cafeteria and gratefully thanked who ever created chairs with cushions. CL and Minzy slumped in their respective seats, prying both pairs of eyes to remain open.  Their orders were served, however, they remained slouching. Not moving a single inch as though they’re arms was wrapped with heavy weights.

 

Beside them was the table of their dancers, enjoying a particular show aired at the very moment. They were giggling, squealing and loudly conversing with one another that seemed to ruin the serenity inside the cafeteria.

 

An irritated groan escaped from CL’s mouth as she whipped her head at the crew of noisy people with their eyes all glued at the huge flat screen TV walled on one side of the area. Her eyes roamed their way towards the screen and it immediately grew wide when she rec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter