The Truth

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter XIV : The Truth 

 

 

 

“I KILLED KANG MIN HO!!! DAMN IT!!” 

 

Room fell in awkward silence with all eyes glued in one person. They were astounded with the unexpected revelation. However Dara had the smile of pure satisfaction, she knew everything. All eyes were now glued at the man standing from is seat, at the man who no one had the faintest idea of what he had done. 

 

Dong Won.

 

"What the hell are you talking about, Attorney Kang?” Judge Nam managed to ask after regaining  his senses back from the shocking announcement, his face a reflecting the crowd's astonishment.

 

His hands curled into tight fists, shaking with the intensity of his rage. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead while his lips pursed in a straight, placid line. To anyone's eye, he looked he was about to pounce on someone but in Attorney Park's scrutininzing eyes, all she saw was a guilty man who was caught with his lies.

 

“I killed him… I killed my brother."  he finally said, his gaze dropping on the ground.  "So please, stop hurting Luna.”

 

“Dong Won..” Luna uttered with her quivering lips, horried. "No."

 

Dong Won looked at her with assuring eyes, nodded and smiled, mouthing the words; "It's fine."

 

“He is actually telling the truth.” Sandara suddenly spoke, agreeing with him for the very first time that day.

 

“I requested to conduct another post-mortem examination on the victim’s body and then the report came out. He was actually shot from the back and not from his chest. It was based on the position of the bullet inside him,” She explained and everyone was intently listening, the journalists scribbling every word she says.

 

“Another evidence which supports the veracity of the allegation is the mismatch of the bullet and the gun.”

 

She waved at Youngbae as a cue in which the latter immediately responded. He took out a ziplocked plastic bag from his briefcase. Inside the bag was a very familiar thing in Donghae’s eyes. It was the gun he threw at the lake.

 

Youngbae quickly walked towards Dara and gave her the bag.

 

“This is the weapon my client disposed after the crime. You can verify it through the picture Inspector Yang has shown earlier.” She said while handling the gun to the bailiff. “The bullet found inside the body is from a Star pistol 1992 model while that gun is a Smith and Wesson 1953 pistol model. Two similarly equal looking pistols yet with two different bullet types.”

 

A collective 'Oh' was heard inside the court room and the astonishent on the crowd's faces wasnow replaced by awe and apprehension. Dong Won on the otherhand could only stand stiffly as he waited for his imminent damnation. But despite the guilt which had been clawing on his conscience him every since, the lawyer never regretted the decision he made that winter night.

 

Flashback: August 24 12:40 AM

 

Dong Won’s POV

I was waiting outside Club Elli after giving Luna a ride. She said she needed to talk to someone so I decided to come with her. What’s taking so long?

A few minutes passed I saw her coming outside, I was about to approach when I saw my brother dragging her away. I immediately followed them and found myself at the back alley of the club, no one was there except for the three of us. I hid myself since I don’t want him to know his girlfriend and I have a relationship. Yes. I am Luna’s boyfriend, we both were. I didn’t care if she already have Min Ho, all I knew was I am desperately inlove with her but she loved Min Ho more. He was always busy ignoring Luna, at times when she’s alone, she comes to me and I give her pleasure. It was always like that.

The two of them was arguing, again and again, they always fight and it breaks my heart everytime I see her cry because of that bastard, I tried asking her what their problem is, but she never tells me.

 I moved closer, eavesdropping. “Min Ho I’m pregnant!!!”  My eyes widen, I can’t believe what I just heard. I saw Min Ho’s expression and he also looked shocked.

“!” he cursed.

“Baby please, I have nowhere to go! My parents will surely disown me!”

“Luna, I c-can’t. I can’t marry you!”

“So y-you’ll abandon me and our baby??!”

“Damn it! If you want money I’ll give it. You can go away to have a normal life”

“NO!! I want you Min Ho! You know how much I love you! Marry me! Pleeeease!” she was begging for him and my heart just shatters in pieces. I can never replace that jerk in her heart. Min Ho continues rejecting her and was about to walk away.

“You can’t abandon us. I will tell the press about this baby. I will tell them how the next president of Kang Electronics Company heartlessly abandons his own child!!”

Min Ho pinned her against the wall, gripping her thin shoulders. She screamed in pain

 “You wouldn’t do that”

“Yes I would!” She was serious. My expression of worry drastically changed into fear as I saw Min Ho taking out a gun and pointing it straight at Luna’s head.

“Then I guess I have to kill you. Right here, right now” I froze on my spot. I never thought he had the capability to do such hideous thing. Hurting Luna, I still can tolerate him but to do this? Damn it!

“NO PLEASE DON’T KILL ME!!!” I was on the verge of lurching towards them, but then I saw another guy approaching them.

“What’s happening here??” I heard him say.

“Stay out of this punk!” He fired the gun but it didn’t aim at Luna, thanks to that guy. I was furious that wanted to kill him. I reached for the pistol in my Hollister. I am a lawyer and having a gun is helpful in times

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter