Chapter I

I'm In Love with My Lawyer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello there, you!

it seems that my forward effectively lured you into checking this story out. Thank you! :)

I hope you'll have a good time reading this fic! 

Feel free to comment your reactions, rant or suggestions. :))

 

Enough with the blabbering. Lets begin with the story!

 

 

 

 Chapter I :

"This is Attorney Park"

 

 

 

 “That man is a monster!” cried by a petite middle-aged woman, her long skinny arm stretched out, pointing it directly at the man beside me. Her blaring proclamations of hatred and disgust continued to flow out of her quivering lips. It seemed endless, and I found myself amused with the thought that this woman surely kept a long list of profanities in her vocabulary. 

 

The senseless whims of this girl were petrifyingly annoying. It appeared that the totality of her statement was 5% of actually stating what happened, while the rest of its 95% has been “you piece of !” “worthless crap!” “crazy, stupid ing airhead!” and other combinations of insulting phrases.

 

this, that. this, that.

She was then reminded to restrain herself from cursing, and the woman obliged. However, what she blabbered next became incoherent and barely audible since she started crying. Her bloodshot eyes were crying rivers and I could practically see her snot dripping out of her nose.

Oh, for the love of God! Someone, give the lady some tissues!

 I resisted the urge to twitch my mouth in discomfort. It was supposed to be a heart-wrenching sight, after all.

I tore my gaze away from the sobbing lady, trying to avoid the unnerving sight and spared a glance around me. I was immensely observing the witness earlier that I failed to realize the silence of the crowd. The faces of these people wore the same expression; sympathy and disgust. Sympathy for the woman while disgust for the man who sat unfazed beside me. 

 

Well, like I wasn’t actually expecting someone to look up to him with adoration. Who would anyway when he was accused of his own daughter?

 

The victim sat at the farthest possible area from her father, keeping him away from her vantage point. I stared at her. She was crying while her small silhouette was encapsulated within the arms of another lady, who I presumed as her aunt, the sister of this woman in the witness stand. She’s the mother and obviously, the wife of this man.

 

“What the hell? Why did he commit such a thing?” I heard someone whisper.

“He calls himself a father? He makes me sick!” another spectator uttered.

 

Murmurs started to erupt inside the room, and I stopped listening since all their opinions were the same. Bitter and snide comments towards how sickening this man was. 

I can’t blame them, though. I can’t blame how shallow their judgments were. People tend to believe in everything they hear despite of its lack of credibility.

Easily persuaded, easily deceived.  

Now, what do I mean by that?

 

“Does the defense have any question?” a sudden voice called. It was even, sonorous and very familiar.

I quirked an eyebrow at the presiding judge with a smile sluggishly tugging the corners of my mouth. Every time this old man would ask me with such phrase, I shiver with excitement. His question served as my personal signal to detonate the bomb I have been keeping all this time; a secret call to finally unravel the biggest revelation. Oh, I can’t wait to see the shock on these people’s faces!

With this menacing thought, I unconsciously heaved a soft chuckle which took most of the spectators by surprise. I guess some of them already had the gist behind my sudden yet simple gesture.

“Is she the one?”

“So she’s the devil’s spouse.” 

“Damn, she’s so gorgeous!”

I mentally sighed upon hearing their “murmurs”.  These people never fail to amuse me with their ignorance. They came for a show? Then I will give it to them.

 

“Of course, you're honor.” I replied with a hint of sarcasm.

“Then do what you must, attorney.” Judge Seong responded.

 

I proceeded my way in front of the witness stand to have a better view of the person who claims to be the wife of my client. I drilled my stare on her for a while, letting it linger until she felt uncomfortable and looked away, gulping an amount of her very own saliva. 

I smirked upon her queasy state.

“Annyeong,”

She looked confused but gave a curt bow as a response.

“Mrs. Jung, I only have three questions for you” I started then glanced towards the bench were my client was sitting. Poor guy, he looked devastated by the things happening inside the courtroom.

I turned back and continued, “Do you love your husband?” Mrs. Jung shot a contemptuous glare and scoffed at how stupid my question seemed to be, yet she managed to respond.  

“Are you in’ nuts?” Here she goes with the cursing again. “That bastard ruined my family. How can I love him for that? I was in love with him, of course I was, that is why I married him.” she paused, heaving a deep sigh.

“He was never a good husband nor was the prick a good father. I just let him be because I hoped that somehow he might change. But I was wrong. he became worst, even to the point of molesting my daughter!”  She was hysterically shaking with her eyes wide open, emphasizing the dark shades beneath them. This woman truly is stressed out, I thought.

 

My face remained placid, ignoring her dramas and proceeded. “Second question, do you love your daughter?”

“You’re seriously asking me that? Of course I love my baby! She is the only child I have…Soo hee is my life and it pains a mother like me to see her very own daughter ruined because of a sick bastard!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter