The weeks pass

The new boy in our dorm

Henry's POV:

The weeks that followed before the wedding were not that exciting. Just working and studying. Zhoumi was progressing faster than usual and we were way ahead of our schedule. I was saddened by the fact that once Zhoumi's exams were over I wouldn't get to spend as much time with him. I quite enjoyed our chats and the evenings that we spent together.
The approaching wedding was one thing that kept bothering me. I had no idea how to prepare for it. We had agreed to this idiotic plan of pretending to be in a relationship, which was just dumb. It was very obvious at this point that there was something between us and the wedding might push us over the edge and to be honest I was scared. I mean we hadn't kissed yet or even held hands properly, but it was still very obvious that we were both ready for those things. It seemed like every little touch we had between each other was loaded with electricity. If I woke up before him on a saturday and reached to grab my phone to see the time, his arm would be around me, without a doubt. It was weird, because it didn't feel weird anymore.
Ryeowook kept worrying about my allergies and how I would react to the food served in the wedding, even though I had told him dozens of times that I would be fine. Leeteuk had been calling the tuxedo rental shop twice a day to make sure our suits were still there. Heechul and Hyukjae had discussed the best ways to tie me to a chair and line my eyes again. Siwon had discussed hours on hours with Zhoumi about the correct way to behave and he kept on worrying that we would make ourselves look like idiots. To be honest I feared the same thing. I had once witnessed how alcohol affected me and Zhoumi and I feared how far things would progress this time. 

"Honestly we should just take him to your room and if you hold him I'll do the job" Heechul whispered to Hyukjae in conspiracy style.

"Yeah I think that'll work" Hyukjae answered.

"I can hear you" I slowly said and lifted my gaze from the book I was reading.

"Phhhs, sure" Heechul laughed, but looked slightly worried.

We were all settled around the dorm spending our usual tuesday evening. Me and Zhoumi had taken over the kitchen table with our books and Zhoumi's laptop. I was, once again, helping him study, but now it was kind of bittersweet, because we both knew that his finals were right around the corner and once they were over we wouldn't have the study sessions anymore. Zhoumi had been really hooked on the book he was holding and it was annoying me. I wanted his attention. I placed my hand on his thigh and he froze. He was staring at one point on the page of his book, clearly terrified.

"Hmm?" He hummed and placed the worn out book on the table.

"Nothing, just wanted to see if you were awake" I said with a smile and covered my face with a notepad, pretending to be writing.

"Okay?" He answered with a weirded out look on his face, but he just shrugged it off. 

That was not good enough. I needed more of his attention. His eyes only to be focused on me, his lips curling to smile just for me and his hand rubbing my back like he had done once before. I felt tired of fighting for his attention. He was clealry crazy about me why didn't he show it?

"Hey Zhoumi" I said a bit louder than I should've.

"Yes?" He answered, startled.

"We still haven't thought about the clothes we are going to wear for the wedding" I said, trying to sound casual.

"Yeah I guess we haven't" He said and placed his book upside down on the table, finally.

"Yea, I was just wondering that maybe we shouldn't wear the same suits we wore to the casino" 

"Definetly not" Leeteuk interrupted.

"Okay, what should we do, stylist?" I said sarcastically.

"You cannot wear the same suits, you will have to go and get new ones" Leeteuk said and gave me a dirty look.

"I cannot afford an expensive suit like that" Zhoumi said and sounded a bit embarrased. 

"Don't worry, I can get you a good discount" Leeteuk said.

"How?" I asked, confused.

"I worked there one summer and caught the owner making out with a customer in the dressing rooms, ever since then I have had a full discount to the store" Leeteuk explained.

"Why was the owner so worried to be caught kissing someone?" Zhoumi asked, clearly confused.

"He was married at the time to his wife and getting caught lip locking with another male in the dressing rooms of your own store, probably doesn't look too good in her eyes" Leeteuk said with a devilish grin.

"Why was he married to a woman, if he was into men?" I asked, only after realising how stupid my question actually was.

"Maybe he was just confused, we all are sometimes" Leeteuk said and sounded a bit sad.

"I was once confused, I kissed a girl and it was the worst thing I've ever done" Zhoumi blurted out and instantly blushed furiously.

"I've dated at least 6 girls in my high school years, it believe me, I know" I laughed back at him and he smiled.

"Well I guess you won't do that anymore" Leeteuk said nonchalantly and walked away, leaving us to an awkward silence. 

"So, we should continue tudying, huh?" I said and quickly grabbed the first book I saw.

"Yeah, sure" Zhoumi answered and took back his book from the table. There was silence between us, it was so thick you could cut it with a knife. My eyes kept drifting to Zhoumi every now and then and once we made eye contact over the books we were holding. It only lasted for around three seconds, but it was the thought that kept me awake for the following night.

 

--------------------------------

And I'm back :3

I finally wrote the beginning chapters different and now this one is ready ^^

I know this is more of a filler chapter, but the wedding chapters are under renovation :33

» COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND DO ALL THAT JAZZ «

and this fic currently has 8500 views which is insane so a quick thank to you all
I FREAKING LOVE YOU AND I READ YOUR COMMENTS AND I GET SO HAPPY AND STUFF AND YOURE SO AMAXING BECAUSE YOU LIKE MY CRAPPY FIC AND AAAAH
I JUST REALLY REALLY LIKE YOU ALL ≈