At the hospital

The new boy in our dorm

Henry's POV:

We arrived to the hospital and instantly Zhoumi rushed inside and walked straight to the information desk.

"Hi, we're looking for Han Geng he was brought here earlier because of his broken arm" Zhoumi said politely to the woman sitting behind the counter.

"Yes, he is still in the surgery room, but I suggest that you walk to the end of the corridor where his other friends are waiting" She awnsered while smiling.

"Thank you" He said back and took off towards the corridor and I just ran after him. He took a turn to the left and we saw our roommates sitting on a long bench. They all looked dead tired, but still worried over their friend.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Leeteuk asked, jumping up from his sitting position and hurrying up to look at us more closely, "I swear Zhoumi if anything happens to my little Henry here, you are in big trouble" he added
glaring at Zhoumi, who didn't look amused.

"yeah yeah, henry is the one in big trouble right" He said and patted me on the head playfully, but soon the look on his face darkened again, "What exactly happened?", he asked looking at the elder.

"We were heading to the bank to pay the rent, since Heechul forgot to do it on time, as usual" Ryeowook started and looked up to Zhoumi.

"Hey hey hey, don't drag me into this" Heechul barged, only to receive a slap on the head from Kangin.

"Anyway, we headed out to the bank and our neighbours had left some cardboard boxes in the hallway so Hangeng decided to help them,
he took a firm grip on two of the boxes and he didn't see the third one, so as he tried to step down the stairs he tripped over and landed on his right arm" Ryeowook explained looking rather traumatised.

"Oh no, so he broke his arm?" I asked, after hearing Ryeowooks story of horror.

"Well I guess" He said back.

"Well why is he in the surgery room then, shouldn't they just put a plaster on his arm and let it heal?" I asked remembering my previous broken arm experience.

"No, his arm needs to be surgerized, becouse he was carrying a box filled with glass objects so now he has an arm filled wth tiny chips of glass" Ryeowook said and the mental image made me feel sick for a moment.

"They said that the surgery can last from one to three hours depending on the amount of glass that actually got into the scar" Yesung added and gently rubbed Ryeowooks back trying to calm the poor boy down.

As the hours flew by the tension kept on building around us. Ryeowook kept looking terrified and Yesung had to keep telling him that nobody blamed him off anything. Leeteuk tried to stop every single doctor and nurse that walked past us, but nobody seemed to have a clue about when Hangeng would actually be out of the surgery room. The weirdest and saddest thing in the whole corridor was defonetly Heechul. Even though he tried to look all cool and bad , you could clearly tell that he was worried to death. Of course he was, he and Hangeng shared this special bond, that I believe goes way beyond of being just firends with benefits, or what ever the heck their current status was. I do believe that Heechul blamed himself of the while situation, which was of course not the situation. But I've learned trough time that that is what humans do when they care about someone, they take the blame for everything that happens to the other, no matter what it is. That is how we protect our loved ones.

After few more hours a doctor finally came out of the surgery room with a serious look on his face. Heechul immediately jumped up and asked the doctor about Hangeng.

"He is okay, we managed to clear out all the glass chips out of his arm" The doctor said with a serious look in his eyes, "But he will need a lot of rest adn caring for the next couple of days" He continued.

"Absolutely that will be no problem" Leeteuk said sternly.

"Also he needs to be watched all the time, 24 hours" The doctor continued, "We don't know if there is any pollution left in his blood and that is why someone needs to be watching over him at all times"

"I can do that, I guess I have to" Heechul said lazily, but I knew he really meant it.

"Good, he will be awake in a couple of hours and then you'll be able to take him back home" The doctor said and after shaking hands with Leeteuk he took off.

We waited another two hours in the corridor. I was sitting next to Zhoumi and I felt relief bloating inside of me, hangeng was okay for now, which was the best thing I've heard in a long time. Obviously my mind wandered off to the confession Zhoumiwas building up for me in the café that night, but I was done thinking about it, almost. He had seemed so sincere and scared when he told me that he actually liked me. Slowly my mind began to build a plan.
I will ask him out later tonight and after our first or second date, If we get that to happen, I will confess to him, I thought and a small smile played on my lips for a while.

------------------

CHAAAAAANG, I finally finished this little chapter. This was so depressing though, poor Hangeng in hospital D:
Anyways, im gonna try and update more often, kay~?

Liked it?

Hated it?

Let me know by commenting ~

BYEEEEE ~!!