Arrival

The new boy in our dorm

Author's POV:

Sun was shining on that saturday and the weather was perfect, not too hot and not too chilly. A group of males was sitting inside of their apartment doing what they usually do, but the athmosphere was extremely tense and any person present could feel the excitement building.
They were all waiting for their new roommate to arrive all the way from Canada. The boy had called them about an hour ago telling them that the plane had just landed and he was on his way to getting a taxi and finally meeting his new roommates. He had sounded excited, but terrified, which was to be excpeted from a young boy moving across the globe for the first time ever.
Thirteen boys were all scattered around the small apartment doing their own activities, with someone. Donghae was reading with Eunhyuk on the couch, Yesung was in the kitchen helping Ryeowook cook a delicious meal for their new roommate, Hangeng watching tv with Heechul lying on the floor, Kyuhyun playing videogames with Sungmin, Siwon was with Kibum playing chess and Leeteuk was listening music on his mp3 with Kangin.
There was one brownhaired male with a frown on his lips, slumped on one of the many armchairs with a book in his hand. Zhoumi had already looked through all the rooms for company, but nobody seemed to be interested in leaving their current company or letting Zhoumi join them. Don't blame them they're not being rude. Everyone in the apartment shared a room with someone, apart from Zhoumi, who had the only small one person room in the entire apartment. The pairs had been chosen in the moving in order. I'll let Zhoumi tell the story for you:
Kangin, who first bough the apartment, of course slept in the biggest room with the boy who arrived second, Leeteuk. After those two had settled in and lived together in the apartment for a few weeks they realised that the apartment was too spacious for two people alone, so they decided to get a couple people more to live there with them, the more the merrier.
Next two people to move in were Kyuhyun, a nerdy university student and Sungmin a bubbly young boy, with very impressive relatives and a job at one of the most influential companies in Seoul. These two didn't have seemingly anything in common, but they decided to share a room nonetheless.
These four lived together for a year before the landlord decided that their apartment and the apartment next to them would get connected which meant that they would get four new rooms and a whole new hallway. This lead, obviously, to more people moving in.
Next two to move in were Hyukjae, a handsome professional dancer and Donghae a talkative and friendly university student. These two seemed to have an instant connection and they have been inseparable ever since. There were still more empty rooms in the apartment, that was now filled with laughter and life all year around. The group of six people living there during those days got very close and are still. They still felt a bit odd with two empty bedrooms so they put up a advertisement for one person, so that they could fill the smallest room with someone.
This someone was me, Zhoumi, a tall polite and affectionate university student, at least that is how they described me, with huge dreams and a adaptive personality. I quickly became friends with everyone in the apartment even though I felt sometimes like he was the odd one out, because I did sleep my nights alone. We had a lot of fun and we spent all of our days working and evenings together and soon you could tell that the roompairs started to exchange different kind of looks with eachother, which was to be expected at one point or another.
The next two moving in actually found our apartment by accident. One night Kangin brought in his old friend called Yesung in for a visit, since they hadn't seen each other since middleschool. Yesung was, conveniently enough, looking for an apartment, since he had just gotten his first job and he was ready to move out. So he moved in the next day.
A week later Sungmin introduced us to his old classmate Ryeowook, who happened to be ready to move out as well, so he moved into the room with Yesung.
Ryeowook was really a lifesaver, because our apartment was just full of destruction before he moved in. There were always ramen containers or soju bottles lying around and we rarely opened our windows. The wooden floor was never visible under the dust and trashes, so having somebody that was organized and functional like Ryeowook in our apartment helped quite alot. Ryeowook also had a huge passion for cooking, so we have never been hungry since he moved in. We still had two bigger empty bedrooms in the apartment and we were eager to get more people into our crazy little family, so once again we put up an advertisement and a boy from China actually reached out to us, his name was Hangeng and he was looking for an apartment in Seoul to start studying there, so we gladly took him into our apartment. After that we got another boy who was living with his ex boyfriend and was looking for a wy out, so we took him in. His name was Heechul, he has always been the only openly gay one. 
We forgot to take down the advertisement and so we got two more messages from a boy named Siwon, who was not in good terms with his father and was looking for a way to move out and another boy named Kibum who was moving to the city from the countryside and looking for an apartment, this all happened last year. After that we had came to an agreement that the apartment was full and we didn't need anymore roommates, until Heechul said that he thinks it's unfair that I get to sleep alone all the time and they decided that we would put, once again, an advertisement up and see if we could get a new roommate. Like a miracle we got a response from a boy named Henry Lau, who was currently living in Canada with his family, but his father was chinese and his mother was taiwanese, so he was bilingual. He also spoke fluent korean so language wasn't going to be a problem. So we decided to have him move in with us. And when I say we I mean my roommates, because I was never told that he was actually coming so the moving day was rather a big surprise to me. 

Henry's POV:

I gazed out of the dirty taxi window and I gave Seoul city a good look. I had to admit that Seoul was a beautiful city. The tall skyscrapers were drawing lines into the sky and the small shops and restaurants gave the city a more cozy feeling. The people were all very frendly and talkative. My taxi driver wouldn't stop asking me questions about Canada and how things worked there, not that I minded. It always feels amazing to go somewhere new and get a fresh start wether it was just going to a new school or actually mocing to a new city or country. I pushed my fuzzy bangs away from my face and leaned my head against the window. I wanted to explore the city. I wanted to try the food and talk to the people. I needed to know that all of this was real and that I wasn't just dreaming. 
I let out a small yawn. I had a long road behind me, but I was glad that it was all over now and that I would get to meet all of my new roommates, my new "family". I hadn't realy talked to them all that much. We had syped twice and they all seemed really nice although I hadn't seen all of them. There was one boy who I had never talked to. I think his name was Zhoumi, but he was never around when I skyped with the other twelve roommates. It was a large amount of people to be living with, but I didn't really mind. I liked beng around people and this would do me good, I knew it. 
About ten minutes later the taxi arrived to an apartment house. It wasn't quite what I expected, it was much better. It was greyish on the outside, but the windows were lined with white metallic like stuff and the windows were huge. There were a couple of balconies, but they seemed to be conncected to the hallways, rather than the actual apartments.
I opened the door of the taxi and stepped out I took my two huge bags and I thanked the driver, who said that this ride would be on the house, when I tried to pay him. He drove off before I could actually give him any money. I stood in place for a couple of minutes before I just shrugged and walked to the main door of the house. The door looked rather heavy and I was concerned if I could move it. For my pleasant suprise the door turned out to be automatic, so my worries were gone as soon as they arrived. 
The halllways were rather narrow so I had to move sideways with my huge bags, so that I wouldn't scrape the white wallpaper. I walked up the stairs to the second floor and searched the apartment with the number 17 on it. This was it, I thought and I felt my heart beating in my throat and my palms were sweating like mad. I slowly lifted my hand and knocked loudly. I heard some shuffling behind the door and then it opened.
I didn't know then how important the person opening it would actually be for me.

Zhoumi's POV:

I was browsing the internet on my phone when I heard a knock on the door. It sounded rather stern and I was sure that it was a male knocking. I slowly got up from the chair I was slumped on and walked to the door. Nobody else seemed to even hear the knock over the constant noises and talking. So I didn't think much of it. The only one who could be knocking at this time would be a maildeliverer, since Hyukjae had a bad habit of internet purchasing alot of random things that would get delivered to our door. I opened the door and began shouting:

"Hyukjae! What did you ord-" My speech was cut off when I saw who was actually standing behind our door. The boy was roughly a few years younger than me. He was a few centimeters shorter than me, but still tall enough to look me in the eye without having to tilt his head. He had messy brown hair, that I had a sudden urge to touch and huge brown eyes that were sparkling with excitement.

"Hi I'm Henry Lau, pleasure to meet you" He said with a melodic yet rough voice. Nothing like I had excpected.

"Nice to meet you I'm Zhoumi" I said trying to keep my face neutral. Who was he and why was he here? I didn't know we were excpeting anybody.

"So am I allowed to come in, or?" He laughed while giving me an amused look.

I turned around to ask one of my roommates who the hell was this boy and why was he here. I was met with all of my twelve roommates right behind my back all looking at Henry intensly.

"You are Henry Lau right?" Yesung said and reached to shake Henry's hand.

"Nice to finally meet you" Leeteuk said and grabbed the poor boy into a huge hug.

Wait, he was moving in?! 

"He is moving here?" I asked, a little rougher than I should've. I got a bunch of weird looks and a few nods, "Nobody told me anything" I added.

"Eunhyuk you said you told him" Siwon said and looked at the blonde male who was leaning on the doorframe, looking a bit horrified.

"I was going to tell him, but then Donghae wanted to go swimming and I went with him and when we got home Zhoumi was already asleep" Eunhyuk awnsered while looking down at his feet, this boy could never get anything done if it wasn't for Donghae. 

"So there is a new guy moving in?" I asked and everyone just nodded to me. Great.

"So that's what you all have been preparing for all these days?" I asked and suddenly the huge cleaning and prepping thing made sense.

"What?" Henry asked while staring at us with disbelief, "You were preparing for my arrival?" He looked like he was about to cry and Leeteuk hugged him again. 

"You bet, we even forced Heechul to make his bed today" Leeteuk said, "I think I deserve a medal for that"

"Oh shut up" Heechul sighed and then said to Henry: "Anyways, welcome"

We helped Henry inside and carried his luggages to our living room.

"So where will I be sleeping?" He asked and looked at us one by one, as if to make sure we were really there.

"Well, this is why you should have warned Zhoumi" Siwon said to Eunhyuk, "His room is all messed up and he didn't even change his sheets to our new roommate" He added and gave Henry an apologetic look.

"Wait, so he will be sleeping in my room?" I asked and started to panic a little, "But we don't have any mattresses, he can't sleep on the bare floor"

"Of course not, what are you, an idiot?" Siwon said.

It took my brain a short while to give me the only logical answer. Henry was going to share the smallest room in the entire apartment with me. All the other rooms had two beds, well my room had one. So in conclusion, I was going to share my small bed with a complete stranger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yaaay I finished the first chapter ~!!
I hope it's ok and I know it's not the highest quality possible, but I hope it was still interesting :3

♦ COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND DO ALL THAT JAZZ ♦

I FREAKING LOVE U ALL :3