The reveal

The new boy in our dorm

Zhoumi's POV:

I knew exactly what got Henry so upset, the cheek kiss. It was a little joke that me and Shindong started in elementary school, but I know it looks strange to many people. I entered our apartment which was still empty except for the quiet crying sound coming from our bathroom. I felt hesitant to go and knock on the door. I bet he was agry with me, but why? Why on earth did Henry care that I had received a cheek kiss from another person? Had I misse something? I took a deep calming breath and I walked to the door. I knocked on it quietly

"Are you ok Henry?" I asked and it dawned on me that it was probably the most stupid thing to ask. Of course something was wrong, he was crying. 
I sat down on the floor and sighed. About 10 minutes later, when the sobbing sound had faded we just sat there, separated by the white bathroom door, in complete silence. I felt like saying something, but nothing seemed appropriate. I felt slighlty happy about the fact that Henry was apparently developing some feelings towards me, but it also terrified me. I had never admitted to anyone, not even myself, that I might not be into the opposite gender. I had tried to date girls and push all the fluttering feelings I had towards my male friends away, but they just wouldn't go. I would kiss girls and feel nothing, but just a touch on the shoulder from another male was enough to send chills up my spine and make my heart beat faster.
I could not figure out a better way to break the silence so I started to sing the first song that came to my head, Life by SHINee. Around the second verse the bathroom door opened and Henry came out with his eyes red and swollen. He wrapped his hands around me and sat next to me on the floor. He stayed there shaking untill I finished singing the song.

"What's the matter?" I asked although I was sure I knew what it was. He lifted his head from the crook of my neck.

"Nothing, I just...", he kept a break "I had a bad day at work" He finished.

I didn't say anything to him. I wasn't sure if he was lying or I just misunderstood the entire situation. I didn't feel like interrogating him about the situation, so I jst decided to let it be. We got up from the floor and went to the kitchen to get Henry some water. He washed his eyes with cold water to make the redness fade. He gladly took the glass of water I was holding out for him and drank it. He looked exhausted. I gazed the clock on the wall of our living room, it was already 9 pm.

"I have to tell you something" Henry said after placing his glass on the sink, "I lied to you"

I didn't know what to say so I just nodded quietly and turned my eyes to his.
I knew it.

Henry's POV:

I suddenly had a feeling that I should tell Zhoumi the real reason to my crying, since I wasn't usually the most emotional person. I don't think I had really portrayed any strong emotiones while I had stayed here, so I understood if Zhoumi was taken aback by my sudden outburst.
He just nodded so I took a deep breath and said:

"I saw you and the other boy at the bus stop"

He didn't show any reaction so I added: "He kissed you"

Zhoumi's eyes went wide when he heard it. He looked really amused and then he said while grinning:
"Oh that, it's nothing just a joke between me and my good friend"

"Just a joke, eh?" I asked not really sure how to feel, "You can tell me if he is your boyfriend"

Zhoumi bursted out laughing. He bent backwards and his other hand held his stomache as he said:

"He is not my boyfriend, he is straight"

I could only stand there looking at the laughing male. I was the biggest idiot on planet earth. I had made a huge deal out of some male kissing Zhoumi's cheek and this male apparently was straight. Way to go Henry.

"Why did you get so upset about it?" Zhoumi asked looking really serious all of a sudden.

"Please don't think I'm a creeper, but I wanted to know if you are straight or not?" I said getting really embarrassed, since it really wasn't my business. I blame Taeil for all of this.

"No no, it's okay you have the right to know" he said before adding: "I'm not attracted to women, but I haven't told anyone so keep it to yourself, please?"

It felt like a weight was dropped from my shoulders.

"I won't tell anyone" I said smiling.

"How about you?" He asked looking very curious.

"I'm not straight" I said and added: "But I haven't shared this with anyone else yet either, you won't tell either?" I said feeling a little amused. We were sharing secrets like teenage girls.

"You don't tell my secret, I won't tell yours" He laughed and held his hand so I could shake it and I did.

"But I guess we should go to sleep" Zhoumi said and ruffled his hair. Everytime he did so I got butterflies in stomache.

"I think so too" I answered and walked with him to our bedroom. I didn't to take a shower, but he did so I was left alone in our room. It gave me some time to think. I had really learned a lot of new things today and I had gained some confidence about Zhoumi and his preferences. It seemed so amusing to think that I actually had a chance with a guy like Zhoumi.

It seemed so, exciting.

----------------------------------------------

DONEEE ~

Yea I know this is a short chapter, but im making another longer one so look forward to that ^^ ~

Liked it?

Hated it?

Let me know by commenting ~!!