Beyond happiness

The new boy in our dorm

Zhoumis POV:

The journey back to the dorm was silent, but not in an awkward way. Everyone was just exhausted, it had been a long day for all of us. Heechul was already there when we arrived, since he decided to come on the ambulance Hangeng was brought home with.

"Im gonna go and help him to bed" Heechul said and started to half carry Hangeng to their room. It was adorable to see how much Heechul actually cared and cherished his friend, even though Heechul was always acting diva-ish he was still a warmhearted boy.
I remember the time I first met him, it was the day we had all moved in and Heechul was late (as per ususal).

*flashback*

The main door of our apartment banged open, at first I thought that one of our roommates would be a girl, but it didn't take me too long to notice that it was indeed a male standing in the doorway. He was just few inches shorter than me and his pitch black hair framed his playfully devilish face perfectly. He walked in and kicked his shoes off while maintaining that confident grin on his face. He sat down on one of the sofas and turned his burning gaze towards me.

"Well, hello there" He said, his voice was not too deep, but not too high pitched.

"Hi" I said with a shaky voice, out of all the other roommates I had already met, he was the most striking.

"C'mon no need to be shy" He said back and laughed lightly, "We will be living together after all, so no need to make things uncomfortable"

"No, I didn't mean it like that" I quickly added and tried looking him in the eyes and failing miserably.

"You must be Zhoumi" He said and all I could do was stare.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I can tell that korea is not your native language, you have an accent" He said, "and since I heard that there were two roommates from china, I just guessed that you're Zhomi and im going to meet Hangeng soon"

"Good guess, can't argue with that" I laughed, "yes I am Zhoumi nice to finally meet you"

"Im Heechul, I feel that we're gonna have a great time together" He said and grabbed my to shake it.

*end of flashback*

I didn't know then that he would grow to be one of my dearest friends.

"Zhoumi it's your turn to do the dishes" Kangin remided me as he passed by on his way to bed.

It was way over midnight. I would have a lot of studying to catch up on tomorrow since I had been lazing around way too much. Just by gazing towards the kitchen I knew that it would take at least two hours to clear the entire pile of dirty plates and cups. Why didn't we just buy a dishwasher?

"Do I really have to do this right now?" I asked trying to beg for mercy.

"Yes" Leeteuk said and there was no fighting against Leeteuk ummas words.

I rolled up my sleeves and started to pour some hot water in to the sink. I took out the detergent and the dishbrush. Then began my two hours of tortue. After about one hour of determined washing I heard some footsteps, I froze. At first I thought it was just someone waking up to go to the bathroom, but as the footsteps got closer I knew it was something else. I heard my heatbeat increase. I tried to calm myself down, it was just one of my roommates, everything was alright.
But what if it wasn't? My mind started to go trough every possible terrifying thing it could be. A demon? A murderer? An alien? A burglar?
Suddenly the footsteps stopped and I heard a small voice calling my name.

"Zhoumi?" It was definetly Henry, but why?

"Im in the kitchen" I said back with my voice still shaky.

Henry walked in to the kitchen squinting his eyes at the bright lights.

"How are you still cleaning the dishes you sould be sleeping?" He asked, sounding very concerned.

"No no it's fine I just really need to finish these off, it's my duty as one of the people living here" I said, trying to make the worried look vanish from Henrys face.

"Fine, but im gonna sit here and make sure you actually go to bed after finishing these" He said and sat on the kitchen counter.

"Well if you really want to" I huffed knowing I couldn't force him back to bed anyways.

I actually managed to finish the cleaning faster than I thought. Henry was sitting there and he kept me entertained by telling me funny stories from his work place. He told me about all the funny customers that had come to visit the café and he seemed really happy overall. Which made me feel better instantly.

After drying out all the dishes and setting them back to their rightful places I started to turn off all the lights and heading to bed when suddenly I heard a familiar voice.

"Umm, Zhoumi there is still one thing I need to tell you" Henry said and locked his gaze with me.

"What is it?" I asked feeling a sudden burst of warmness pool around my stomache.

"The thing you told me right when I was closong the café this evening" He started and I knew what he was about to say, this was going to hurt.

"No you don't have to do this, it was a stupid thing for me to say, just forget it please" I said and turned to leave, I had never felt more embarrased.

"No wait!" Henry ran after me and wrapped his tiny hand around my wrist, "I just wanted to tell you that im free on Friday"

It felt like a heavy bolder was lifted from my shoulders. I turned to face him and all I could say was: "Wait what?"

Henrys face was beet red as he repeated: "Im free on friday, since Taeil is filling out my shift at the café and I'd love to go out with you then"

Was this real life?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG I'VE MISSED ALL OF YOU SO MUCH TT^TT

I FINALLY FINISHED  SCHOOL AND NOW I HAVE THE WHOLE SUMMER TO BRING THIS STORY BACK TO LIFE ~~

I HOPE THIS UPDATE WAS WORTH THE WAIT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO WRITE MORE ^____^

GIVE ME FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS ON HOW THIS LOVEYDOVEY JOURNEY SHOULD CONTINUE :DD

SEE YOU SOON ;)