Surprises

The new boy in our dorm

Henry's POV:

My alarm woke me up in the morning. I hadn't slept well. My brain had kept me awake late into the night. My fingers hadn't stopped tingling after the contact they had had with Zhoumi's muscled back. I don't know why I even did it. I knew Zhoumi wasn't sick and I think he knew it as well. Why did I agree to touch him then? I was never the one searching for physical contact. It made me uncomfortable. It was okay if it was just a brush on the arm or a gentle pat on the back, but hugs or holding hands were just unpleasant to me. Or they used to be. With Zhoumi everything seemed different. His hugs didn't seem overly affectionated and his hands weren't sweaty and gross. His touches made my body feel alive and just his hand brushing along my shoulder was enough to make me smile for the entire day. Maybe I was just weird.
I got up and turned off my blasting alarm. Zhoumi was not there. His side of the bed was cold, so he must've left at least an hour ago. I had no hurry yet, since Taeil was filling in my shifts at the coffeehouse in the mornings. I needed to be at work at around 2 pm so I had a good three hours before that to spend how I wanted. My stomache made a weak grumbling noise. I needed some breakfast, definetly. I pulled on some clean clothes and headed down the hall to our kitchen. There were no people around. Heechul and Hangeng were still a sleep, surely. Ryeowook was probably out already doing some shopping for our dinner and Yesung had mentioned something about meeting his parents this week. Kangin was already at work, he worked in for a television station and Leeteuk was probably still getting ready in the bathroom. Kyuhyun was having a lecture at the university this morning and Sugmin was probably shopping with Ryeowook. It was weird to think that I knew so much about all of my roommates. I mean, we had lived together for a considerably long time and I had talked and learned a lot about each of them. But the fact that I knew everything about their routines and locations without even asking them, was an oddly calming feeling. 
I turned around the corner to our kitchen and froze at the sight before me. Leaning against the counter, hands tangled in each others clothes and hair, noses bumping againts each others and lips locked together were Donghae and Eunhyuk. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't do anything. I just stood there, staring. They clearly hadn't noticed me yet. Soon they parted from each other and they smiled to each other with huge emotion in their eyes. 
What had I missed? 

"Well aren't you two a pleasant sight" Leeteuk said as he entered the kitchen and startled me completely, "I think you need to let this poor boy know what is going on between you two" he added and gently patted my head. Donghae and Eunhyuk both turned to look at me, They looked rather uncomfortable and they slowly removed their hands from each others hair and Donghae released his hold of Eunhyuks shirt that was balled into his fist.

"Umm, hi Henry" Eunhyuk said and tried to maneuver a smile, "How are ou?"

"Confused" I answered and tried my best not to sound rude. 

"Yeah, I can imagine" Donghae said.

"So what's your deal then?" I asked and prepared myself for whatever newsbomb that was to be dropped on me. 

"While you and Zhoumi were on your date me and Donghae got to talking" Eunhyuk began, "We were sitting in the café you work in and we were just chitchatting"

"Yeah, then we decided that since we had been friends for a long time, we could call our little coffee moment a date" Donghae continued, "We walked around the city and ended up confeesing our, um, affection for eachother and now we consider eachother as boyfriends"

"Basically, they went to a cafe flirted, walked around the city, flirted some more, finally got the guts to tell each other about their feelings, made out, came home, made out some more and now we're here" Leeteuk sarcastically said and took a sip of his coffee.

"Oh, alright, well I'm happy for you" I said and felt like I had been hit with a truck. Donghae and Eunhyuk together? 

"Oh, good" Eunhyuk said and looked relieved.

"Hungry?" Donghae asked, clearly eager to move on from the awkward conversation.

"Starving" I answered and sat down.

The morning rolled on quite casually after that. We ate breakfas and I finally got the chance to give my roommates a proper rundown about all of the things that me and Zhoumi had been doing after our date. They were really impressed by the fact that I was able to make Zhoumi study so much. They told me that Zhoumi had always avoided studying by any means neccesary. He had not attended the finals before, because he had always gotten cold feet the day before the exam and were really hoping that this year he would finally face his fears and get the exam done. 
After the breakfast we were just sitting around in our livingroom when there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. There was a tall male standing behind the door. He was wearing a suit and desinger shoes. He looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't remember where I had seen him.

"Thank god I found you" He said and gently patted my shoulder. Who was this man?

"Do I know you?" I blurted out. The man froze and soon a friendly smile took over his face.

"Of course, you don't remember me" He said and I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or to himself, "Nice to meet you my name is Yang HyunSuk, we met a month ago in the casino"

Suddenly an image flashed trough my vision. This was the man I served drinks to in the bar. He was the one who offered to write down a recommendation.

"Oh yes, pleasure to meet you again sir" I said and smiled to the man politely, "What brings you here?"

"No need to sir me" The man said and laughed a bit, "First of all, I would like to know your name"

"Henry, Henry Lau" I said and tried to sound as polite as possible, after all this man was someone important, "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, of course" The man said, "Better than fine actually"

"How so?"

"You do remember the girl you introduced me to in the bar that night?" He asked and made me smile even wider.

"I can't say I introduced you, I was just making drinks" I said and tried to sound humble.

"Nonsense, it was all you" The man said and gave me an encouraging pat on the shoulder, "Anyhow, we got closer after that night and were getting married in a month"

"Wow, that's amazing I'm very happy for you" I said and felt a nice warm sensation in my stomache.

"And I was hoping that you would like to be our guest" He continued.

I felt taken aback. I barely knew this man, but he was offering me an invatation to, probably, the most important celebration of his life.

"And of course, if you want, you can bring your boyfriend along, I saw you two leaving the bar together and I would love to meet him" He continued and nudged my shoulder.

"Oh, he is not my boyfriend, were just, ummm, roommates" I quickly said and hoped I didn't sound too hesitant.

"Yeah sure, whatever you say" He said and sounded nothing even close to convinced, "Whoever he is, he is welcome to join you"
He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a white embroided envelope and handed it to me.

"Thank you, this is an honor to me" I said and held the envelope firmly to my chest.

"Oh please, you can quit with the politeness" He said before waving and walking off. I closed the door and walked back into our livingroom.

"Who was it?" Leeteuk lazily asked while scrolling through his phone.

"A man I met at the casino, he is getting married and I and Zhoumi are invited" I said and felt my voice shaking a bit.

"Wow, let me see that envelope" Donghae said and reached it from my hand.

His eyes spread to the size of plates when he turned it around in his hands.

"That looks amazing" Eunhyuk commented when Hae returned it back to me.

"I'm going to read it with Zhoumi tonight when we see again" I said and walked back into our bedroom to place it to my bedside table. As I was walking away I heard Leeteuk's sarcatic voice saying:

"Zhoumi and Henry better be the next ones getting together, this is killing me"

I hoped so too. 

-----------------------------

ANOTHER OOOOONE ^ ^

I actually managed to post two chapters so close to each other *fist bump*

This one was written and edited really quickly, so forgive all the errors again.....(I used my phone to write, again)

Hopefully I'll have enough time to write an actually good chapter on my computer soon enough :3

COMMENT

SUBSCRIBE

DO ALL THAT JAZZ 

BYEEEE !!!