A good sunday

The new boy in our dorm

Henry's POV:

I really wasn't sure what woke me up that sunday. It was a rainym greyish day, which really , considering how beautiful the previous day had been. I winced when I felt a sudden skinship under the blanket. It was Zhoumi's hand, that was pressed against my side in a comforting way. His hand felt so light, but strong as it rested on my hip and I felt sad, because I had to remove it in order to get up and go to the bathroom. I walked down the hall and everywhere was quiet, there was only the sound of quiet snoring coming from Kangin's and Leeteuk's room. I washed my face and dried it with a towel. I took a long good look into the mirror and my face was still a little bt bloated from travelling so much yesterday, but it didn't look terrible.

I walked back to our room and Zhoumi was still sleeping. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. I had to tell my brain to cool down. He was attractive and all, but I doubt that he swings you're way, for all you know he could have a girlfriend. I shook my head and turned around. I saw my reflection on the mirror. I choked to my own saliva when I noticed that I had no shirt on. Where? When? Why? How?

I almost ran to my suitcase and took out grey jeans and white v necked t-shirt. After I changed my underwear I slipped into my clothes and gave the sleeping angel boy one last look I headed to the kitchen. I stepped on the pale lit kitchen. I took an apple from the fruit basket that was positioned on the diningtable. I hopped on the counter that was right next to the huge window and had a wonderful view of the city. I just sat tehre for who knows how long, eating my apple and watching as Seoul slowly woke up, it was beautiful.

I've always had a thing for cities in the morning hours. It's just nice to see normal people doing normal stuff. It was calming to know that no matter how bad things seemed to be, the world wouldn't end. Soon enough my thoughts traveled back to Zhoumi. My new room/bedmate, who I really didn't know much about. He was extremely polite and he really did feel like such a genuinely nice person, but I was afraid of developing feelings towards him. I only knew about one person in the entire dorm that was gay and that was Heechul. I had no idea about the other men though. I had always considered myself straight, until sixth-grade when I had had my first kiss with a girl and it is still, after all those years, the worst kiss I've ever had. On ninth-grade I kissed another male for the first time in my life and it really seemed to answer all the questions I had tried to solve by myself so many times. I was gay. Thinking back on it, I'm really surprised that I didn't realise it sooner, but saying it now felt natural. I was gay, so what? 

I had watched my brain and heart very carefully after that realisation, because I didn't want to end up developing strong feelings towards straight men. In this apartment it seemed like there was some unfinished bussiness between all the room pairs. It wasn't really love or huge deep feelings, but something. I had a good eye for emotions and I considered myself as a good people reader, but this was just different.

Suddenly I heard footsteps and I froze. I saw Sungmin walking in the kitchen, yawning and hair all messed up.

"Hey sleepyhead" I greeted and grinned a bit.

"Morning to you too" he said with a raspy voice while turning the coffeemaker on.

"Slept well?" I asked.

"Been worse" he said and turned to face me leaning against the drawers, "How was your first night with Zhoumi?" he winked.

"Nothing special" I said, avoiding his gaze.

He looked almost dissapointed. He looked so innocent when the grey light danced on his bleachblonde hair. His eyes were awake even though his body was still practically asleep.

"You are in the same room with Kyuhyun?" I asked, because I was really trying to learn the roompairs as fast as possible.

"Yea, we get along well" he said smiling and he reminded me of a little bunny.

As he turned around to reach a mug for himself from one of the topshelves the hem of his oversized t-shirt lifted a tiny bit and it revealed a bit of his skin just above his hipbones. I felt my entire face going red as my eyes registered the red, purplish bruises running up his side and as my gaze travelled upwards I noticed the same type of bruising on his neck and jaw as well. I guess he and Kyuhyun sot along really well, because from what I recall from last night, those marks weren't there.

Zhoumi's POV:

I woke up to the feeling of someone jumping on my bed, it was Donghae. He was smiling like an idiot as he jumped up and down.

"Good morning Zhoumi, why are you still sleeping?" He asked and slumped on his knees.

"Because I'm dead tired, Donghae" I growled and turned to my side, trying to get some more sleep.

"Hyung, you gotta see something and you won't see it if you won't wake up" he said and sat in his place staring at me

"Well, what is it then?" I asked because it was clear at this point, that I wasn't going to get any more sleep.

"Kyu is locked up in his room, but Sungmin is already in the kitchen" He said and his voice was bubbling with excitement.

"And?" I asked eager for him to get to the good part of the story.

"Sungmin's neck is all purple and Kyu's lips are all bruised, I wonder what happened last night" Donghae said and with that he hopped off the bed and walked off. 

I froze for a moment as my brain processed the information I had just received. They had done that again? They had hooked up before, once and they had convince us all, that it was just a 'one time thing', but clearly something was going on. It was reckless of them, nonetheless, since Henry had only stayed with us for less than 24 hours and people were already jumping on each other. 
I slowly stood up and streched my arms out, I was still extremely tired, but I had no other option than to get to the kitchen and drink myself full of coffee. I changed on some clean clothes and made my way down the hall to our kitchen.
On the way there I heard a quiet snoring coming from Donghae's and Hyukjae's bedroom. Hyukjae was still sound asleep apparently. So Donghae had just busted in my room and woke me up, but had allowed his already lazy roommate to just sleep in? I wasn't going to allow it. I slowly cracked the door open and gazed inside. The room was still dark, because the curtains were drawn infront of the window, but I could still see the sleeping male in his bed. I slowly tiptoed over to the window and pulled the thick curtains aside letting the pale grey light into the room. 

"Wakey wakey!" I laughed and pulled the covers off of Hyukjae's body. He didn't say anything he just starting to shake a bit, he would be in the kitchen soon.

As I arrived to the kitchen, most of our roommates were already there. Heechul and Hangeng were sitting and reading the newspaper on Hangeng's phone. Kibum was drinking some coffee while leaning on one of the kitchen counters. Siwon was talking quietly with Leeteuk and Kangin was rushing Ryeowook to cook quicker and kept complainiing how hungry he was. There was only one person, though that had my complete attention from the moment I set foot into the kitchen. Casually sitting on the counter next to the window, hair a bit messed up from the night before, smiling to me with an apple in his hands was Henry. 
I smiled and mumbled something like "Good morning", feeling very bare under his gaze. 
I suddenly remembered the thing Donghae had mentioned about Sungmin and I turned to look at him. His neck was covered with bruises stretching all the way from his collarbone to his jaw. So it was on again. Last time Kyuhyun and Sungmin had had this type of meeting, it was because Kyuhyun was really depressed after he had failed his exam. They had not went all the way that night, luckily, but they had gotten close. Now it seemed like the things were back in that position.

I poured myself coffee and pulled myself a chair. I just sat there sipping the bitter coffee and just enjoying the caffeine slowly making my body feel much more alive. Suddenly Donghae dashed in to the kitchen with a horrified look on his face. He immediately walked up to me and if looks could kill, I would've died there.

"You made Hyukjae quite angry" He said with a stable low voice, which didn't suite him at all. I was used to him being all cute and bubbly.

"Yea" I said trying to look all bad-, and failing quite miserably.

"Well he just declared a war towards you, so enjoy" He said with a wide grin on his face.

Well I had to admit, this wasn't my first time doing this, so I wasn't that worried for myself.

"So what are we gonna do today?" Heechul asked, he was always on the go.

"Protect Mimi from Hyukkie" Sungmin said calmly.

"You woke him up again?!" Hangeng said, while facepalming.

Henry dropped himself down from the counter and walked to the sink to fill his glass with water. This may sound creepy, but watching him drink that glass of water was probably one of the most hardest thing I've ever done in my life.
After brekafast and after calming down the furious Hyukjae we decided to watch a horror movie. Since no one wanted to go out or be social in any way. We closed the curtains and the living room went almost pitch black. We settled to the couches around the livingroom. And of course I got to share a couch with Henry, great. 
We began the film an the only two people actually scared were Ryeowook and Sungmin. Sungmin had taken a seat next to Kyuhyun and he had his arms around Kyus neck, which was adorable. Ryeowook was too shy to take a hold of Yesung's hand and yet too scared by the movie, so he was hugging a pillow and he looked like he was about to cry.

Henry's POV:

The movie wasn't as interesting as I thought. I mostly focused on the view in the living room. Kyuhyun and Sungmin didn't seem awkward at all. Infact they had interviewed fingers and Sungmin seemed to have trouble focusing on the tv. I wasn't really sure if he and Kyuhyun were a couple. They seemed extremely close and from what I had seen this moring, it seemed like they did have something going on between them. Should I ask? Would it be rude? Aish, just go for it, I thought and asked Sungmin with a whisper:

"Sungmin, can I ask you something?"

"What is it Henry?" He asked quietly, he looked slightly worried, which made me feel bad for him, but I asked:

"Are you and Kyuhyun a couple?"

The whole room got tensed. I could swear that Heechul was listening to our conversation, because it was quite obvious that he was not watching the movie. Same look was on Hyukjae's face.

Sungmin got bright red and looked at me with wide eyes. , I had hit a nerve.

"Henry why are you asking something like that?" He mumbled, clearly embarrased.

"Oh no, I just saw the marks on your neck and I thought, that, you know" I mumbled on, making the situation worse for myself.

"Oh these?" He asked and pointed at the marks on his neck, I nodded, "Oh I got these earlier, they were just hidden by my shirt last night, yeah, these are old" He explained. 

"Oh okay" I said quietly, since I wasn't in the mood to embarras myself any futher, but I was still sure of one thing; last night Sungmin was wearing a tanktop and those bruises weren't there. I knew that he knew that I knew that he was lying, but as a good friend I decided to just let it be.

Sungmin's POV:

 

I had never thought that a small innocent looking boy like Henry would ask anything like that.
How did he notice?
What should have I answered to that? Of course I was fooling around with Kyuhyun, but I had no idea how to take things back to that place where they had once been. I remember that night so well and I miss it. I liked Kyuhyun alot more than just a friend, but we had gotten stuck to 'friends with benefits'.

Flashback to last night:

I was on my way to our shared room and from the gap of the door I saw him lying on the bed, reading. I knew that I was done. I needed to feel him in that way again. I didn't care if I would lose all my dignity, I needed him. I quickly thought of a smart and witty way of doing it, but I had no clue how to do it. So I just decided to just go for it.
As I entered our room I stood by the door for a few minutes, this was it. I walked up to him and said:

"Stand up"

At first he looked suprised, but got up and looked me in the eye.

"What is going on Sungmin?" He asked.

"Stop talking" I said and slammed our lips together. He didn't protest and I knew I had done the right thing.

End of flash

We didn't actually finish what we started. If you know what I mean, but we had some fun.

I was a bit scared, because I didn't want him to think that last night was just another one time thing, since I really liked Kyuhyun. I guess you could already call it love. He was the last thing in my mind when I fell a sleep, and the first thing I thought about when I woke up. But now Kyu was acting all strange, he didn't look me in the eye when I spoke to him. He refused to talk about what went on last night, and he didn't give any type of reaction when Henry asked his question. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I the water and washed my face. After drying it on my towel I smiled to my reflection in the mirror. Who cares? It'll work out in the end, I hope.

Author's POV:

Sungmin returned to the living room with to the others. He looked a lot better and he had clealry gotten a hold of himself again.

The most awkward athmosphere was definetly between Henry and Zhoumi. They hadn't spoke anything after Henry's accident. Now they both looked in the tv not knowing what to think, especially Zhoumi. He was beet red from forehead to neck. What the hell was Henry thinking?! He thought and stole a glance from the younger. Nobody else had ever had the guts to just ask the question so bluntly, either Henry was insanely brave or just stupid and Zhoumi couldn't quite decide which one. 

"Henry are you alright?" Zhoumi whispered a soft voice right next to Henry's ear. Henry was unusually quiet, clearly still embarrased by the mistake he had made. 

"Y-yes I'm fine" Henry shuttered back hiding his bright blushing behind his hands by faking a sneeze.

Zhoumi smiled to the small boy and casually wrapped an arm around his shoulders. He didn't mean to hint anything with it or to be just another douchebag thinking too much of himself, he just wanted to comfort the younger boy, since he knew what it felt to feel like an outsider or 'the new kid'. This how ever was not what Henry felt, he froze on his spot when he felt a thin yet strong arm around him. He knew it was Zhoumi and it made a small explosion happen in his stomache. Without even realizing he replied to the touch by leaning against Zhoumi and closing his eyes. They didn't notice that every single pair of eyes in the living room was watching them and neither did they hear when Heechul silently whispered:

"Well well well, looks like we have a new OTP in the house"

------

After the first movie ended Siwon suggested that they all voted for the next movie, since no one was into the idea of leaving the flat. Donghae got up and told that he wanted to get some candy for the next movie. Hyukjae agreed to go with him, since everyone knew Hae to be too shy to go alone.

Those two left with a shopping list that Ryeowook insisted them to take. So that they could buy something to everybody. There was an awkward silence in the room when the door closed. Yesung kept looking at Ryeowook who was sitting on the floor humming with his amazingly soft singing voice, it made Henry rather envious. He had never been a good singer and just to hear someone sing so well made him wanna cry just a bit. With that the young boy decided to later ask Ryeowook to teach him to sing.

Suddenly Heechul popped up from his seat and looked around the living room eyes twinkling. He whispered something silently to Hangeng who went fire read. Hangeng nodded his head and grabbed Heechul's hand and took him to their shared room.
Heechul smirked to the left boys on the room and pointed to Henry while saying:

"Somebody cover the innocent boys ears"

The only one who caught the message was Sungmin who dashed through the room placed his hands on both sides of Henry's head. Zhoumi gave the leaving couple a disapproving look, but he knew it was something he shouldn't be involved in.
Heechul and Hangeng weren't a thing, they just, you know, helped each other out time by time. It was basically that, even though everyone knew they had feelings towards each other, strong feelings. That seemed to be the deal with multiple people in the apartment at the time, but 
apart from small teasing it never went anywhere.
Especially Siwon was very confused with his heart. His father was very christian and Siwon had been grown to forbid everything concerning the same gender.
But when he moved in with the male formally known as Kibum he suddenly was ready to sacrifice everything to get Kibum to be his. That was the reason for Siwon to get very uncomfortable by the fact that everyone else was so okay with it. He didn't really now how to react to some random winks, skinships, not even mentioning showering together.

Henry was caught totally of guard when the scene infront of him was over. Suddenly the young boy realised that he had left his phone in his bedroom. He slowly removed Sungmin's hands from his ears and just said:

"I need to get my phone" when Sungming tried to stop him he added, "Don't worry it's fine"

On the way to his room Henry had to pass by Hangeng and Heechul's room. There was a lot of noises coming through the door, not all the innocent kind. He froze on his spot. He knew he shouldn't listen, but his feet refused to work. He shook his head wildly and kept on moving untill he arrived to the his own room. He looked around and saw his phone laying on the night stand. Quickly he grabbed it and was about to leave when he realised that he'd have to go past Heechuls room again so he decided to stay in his room for a while, to calm down.

Mean while in the grocery store:

Hyukjae smiled to the excited Donghae who was staring the candy section with his eyes twinkling and lips smiling. Sometimes he was just too adorable fir Hyukjae to handle. Hyukjae knew that very well.
Infact Donghae was especially adorable to him. It got his heart beat increasing and cheeks blushing everytime Donghae mumbled his name on his sleep or when he asked Eunhyuk to feed him or when Hae snuggled against him on the couch not even mentioning the small kisses on the cheeks that the other male would give to him before sleeping. It wasn't even weird to him anymore, he was so used to it he couldn't imagine his life without them. 

"What do we take?" he heard a bright voice asking.

"Anything you want" Eunhyuk answered, warmly smiling and then he felt a pair of hands wrapping around his waist.

"Thank you Hyukjae, I love you!" Donghae said and walked back to the candy shelf, leaving the frozen male standing eyes wide. He knew that Donghae didn't really mean it. He just said it in a friendly love, but oh how much more did Hyukjae want. 

Donghae felt his face heating up a lot. He did really mean what he said, in the most sincere way possible, but he didn't know enough about Hyukjae to declare his love for him, but he wanted to

Henry's POV:

After spending a good 10 minutes hiding in the bedroom, I finally realised that the noises had died down a little and so had my furiously red face. I returned to the livingroom to accompany all the others and tried to look as cool and normal as possible.

"You okay?" Zhoumi asked as I sat back next to him on the couch. 

"Yeah, all good" I said back with a smile. 

"You took your time" He said and cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, I just couldn't find my phone, it had fallen on the floor" I lied. 

"Oh, alright" He answered nonchalantly, but he didn't quite believe me. 

Ryeowook got up from the floor and made his way to the other couch next to Yesung. He sat down not looking at the other male, they looked adorable together, I thought.
Yesung's cheeks got flustered when the smaller male moved to sit next to him. He was happy it was written all over his face, but he also looked rather terrified. He clearly wasn't used to Ryeowook being this close to him.
Zhoumi suddenly made a small snoring sound and I noticed he was a sleep. His head fell against my shoulder and his arm that was around me pulled me closer to him. The all too familiar warmth started boiling inside of me. I had broken my promise to myself and developed feelings for a guy, whose preferences were a complete mystery to me, damn.

Author's POV:

It was almost midnight before Eunhyuk and Donghae came home from the store, both even more delighted than they were before they left. They went to see a movie and ate all the candy they were supposed to bring back to the house. No one really cared because, apart from Heechul and Hangeng, they had played some board games and Ryeowook cooked to them, so to be honest they forgot about Eunhyuk and Donghae. As heartless as it sounds, but in the end everyone had had a good sunday.

"Good night you beeps!" Kangin annouced before closing the door to his and Leeteuk's bedroom. 

The one couple that had spent the evening along with their 'activities', never came out from their room and Henry and Zhoumi were back to their awkward evening routine; sleeping in the same bed.

"Good night Zhoumi" Henry whispered before shutting down the lights and pulling the blanket over the both of them. Zhoumi didn't even mind anymore, he liked the younger boy in a friendly way or so he kept telling to himself.


-----------------------------------------

So I did a ton of editing and reading and more editing and made this one huge chapter out of the 4 small ones :33

I hope it looks better than it did before ~

♦ COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND DO ALL THAT JAZZ ♦

YOU'RE ALL SO GORGEOUS ~!!

Byeeee ~!!