The challenge

The new boy in our dorm

Henry's POV:

Waking up in the morning with Zhoumi's arm around me didn't feel weird at first, but then when I was more awake I think I had a small panic attack. It wasn't that I didn't find it pleasant, bcause I did. But it was something I wasn't used to. I had had my own room and bed ever since I was ten and to wake up next to another person, with an arm around you is rather confusing.
It took me some time to get off of the bed without waking him up, but finally I was safely in the kitchen. I was once again the first one awake. There were sleeping sounds coming from each room. This morning wasn't going to be as relaxing as yesterday, because I needed to start searching for work.
Since I came to Seoul with no plan what so ever, just a little bit of money to pay my first part of the rent. I now needed to find a job. Today was that day, I walked to the door and picked up the newspaper that had been delivered to us earlier. After getting back to kitchen I opened the job annoucment page and looked at the ads. Shop assistant, library worker, janitor, windowcleaner, lazertag assistant, lifeguard, nothing seemed to quite suit me, out of these options. As I was scrolling through the anouncements, I heard slow steps coming towards the kitchen. I rose my gaze and saw shirtless Siwon scrubbing his eyes and yawning while getting a cup of coffee. I just mumbled something equivalent to 'good morning'. He sat next to me and took few glances of the newspaper.

"Looking for a job?" he asked with raspy voice, his eyes barely open.

"Yes, that's the plan" I answered sounding a bit defeated.

"Any luck?" 

"Not so far"

"You know there is a small coffee house just around the corner, that is looking for a part time employee" he said and pointed out from the kitchen window.

"Really?" I asked as my head perked up to see where exactly he was pointing at.

"Yea, it's just few blocks away and opens in about 10 minutes" He continued, while checking the time from the kitchen's clock.

"Tell everyone I am in there if they start looking for me" I said bolted up from my chair and ran to put on my shoes and tug my coat on. I patted my messed up hair down and looked to the mirror.

"Do I look presentable?" I asked Siwon, feeling a bit self conscious.

"You look great" He said and laughed, I took that as a yes.

As got out from the house I had to squint my eyes to the bright sunlight shining from the cloudless sky. I tapped my coat pocket and found my sunglasses. I placed them on and kept going. As I wondered through the streets I hoped that I had asked for more precise instructions, I had no idea what I was looking for. Suddenly I heard the ring of a bell and I turned my head to the source of the noise, just to see a small café right across the street. That must be it! I thought as I walked across the street and slowly opened the door. It was much cooler inside and the air smelled like freshly made coffee and something sugary. The main area was quite was small and filled with tables and huge comfy looking armchairs.

"Hello may I help you?" I heard a gentle voice behind me. I vinced and turned around to see a older male standing in front of the window wiping the tables clean and arranging the chairs to their places.

"Hi I'm Henry" I quickly answered and tried to smile as convisingly as possible.

The man came up to me and shook my hand.

"Hey nice to meet you, my name is Minhyuk" He said and gave me a long look from head to toe, it felt like I was being X-rayed, "So Henry what brings you to my café?" He asked me and continued cleaning the tables and chairs.

"I heard that you're looking for a part time employee, so I'm here to apply for the job" I said trying to sound as professional as possible.

"Well, do you have any experince in working at cafés or in any resaurants?" Minhyuk asked me. I knew it would serve me no good to lie so I just shook my head.

"Okay" he said with amusement in his voice, "My other employees are quite lazy, so if you can work with them, the job is yours"

"Are you serious?" I asked him, not quite believing my ears.

"Yes, I just need you to sign a few papers and you can start working our shift today, since the boy who was supposd to be here, decided to not show up." He said motioned me to follow him in the backroom.

After signing the contract of employment and giving me the key to the café Minhyuk said:
"By the way, you can call me B-bomb, thats how my friends like to call me"

"Okay" I answered and I felt like a million dollars.

"Here is your 'costume' go and put it on" he said while handing me a black t-shirt and a pair of straight black pants, fancy.

After I succesfully changed my clothes I got back to Minhyuk and he smiled and told me that I can start working right away. He showed me how to take orders and how I'm supposed to treat the customers. 

"If somebody is really anoying you, just call for Jiho, he is usually in the backroom taking a break and he specialises in taking care of arrogant or unpleasant customers" Minhyuk said with a comforting voice.

"Yea, no problem" I said, "Who are my other co-workers then?"

"Me, the owner, Jiho, the unofficial securityguard, Kyung, the amazing salesman, Jaehyo, the floolish socially awkward clenerboy, Taeil, he will work with you a lot he usually works the desk as well and Yukwon he is not around a lot, but he usually works the weekends" Minhyuk said, while counting all of his workers with his fingers, "Oh and Jihoon, he doesn't work here, but he comes here to hang out with Taeil on a dailybasis. so get used to seeing him around"

"Yeah, I'm good" I said and smiled, this was going to be fun.

As the days went on I got happier and happier with my new job. I got to meet new people everyday and I even saw Zhoumi every now and then. He would visit before heading to the library to study and I already knew what he always ordered and he seemed happy that I served it to him. Sometimes we had small talks before he took off and those little chats would always be the best part of my day. I still didn't know I felt about Zhoumi though. He was the perfect person, as far as looks and personality goes, but I still didn't know which way he swung. He could be straight or he could be gay, but I had no idea and it made me worried. 

It was another rainy autumn day. I was leaning on the counter and staring out of the window half asleep. There had been alot of customers for the first half of the day, but when the rain had started the customers had disappeared with it. I was feeling like hell. My head was aching inceribly badly, because I wasn't able to have any sleep last night, thanks to Heechul and Hangeng and there was still one hour to go before my shift would be over.

"If you are that tired you can have a free cup of coffee" a soft voice said behind me. I turned around and smiled faintly to the short boy, with huge glasses resting on his nosebridge, Taeil.

"Really?" I asked, because I didn't have any cash with me and I felt a bit bad just drinking free coffee through the day.

"Sure, Minhyuk won't mind" he said calmly, and before I even straightened my back he passed me a steaming cup of coffee.

"Thanks" I said and took a sip from it while smiling.

It was silent. I drank my coffee and Taeil sat in one of the free chairs looking out of the window, obviously dreaming.

"Penny for your thoughts" I said and he raised his gaze looking a bit confused.

"What? No, I wasn't actually thinking anything" he said blushing furioulsy. I knew exactly what he was thinking or more like who.

"It's Jihoon isn't it?" I asked and grinned a bit.

"How do you, I mean, who told you?" He stammered.

"No one its just so visible" I said while sipping my coffee. Taeil had had a crush the boy Minhyuk had warned me about on my first day and he had been right. Jihoon came here every morning just to chat with Taeil and order a lot of capuccinos. He was tall and an insanely low voice. I had talked to him a little and he seemed quite nice, but I didn't know too much about him. Taeil had been looking after him with love in his eyes for all the weeks I had worked here and apparently even before that. 

"Why don't you just tell him?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's so scary, he might hate me" he whispered back, being a bit too dramatic.

"No one could ever hate you, and you know it" I said back and went to sit next to him. He gave me a weak smile.

"Yeah, I guess I could tell him, but I'm just not confident enough yet" he said and looked so miserable I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him that it was going to be okay.

"You will get the courage, in time" I quietly said and smiled to him.

"Why haven't you confessed yet, though?" Taeil suddenly asked and turned to look at me with a new type of emotion in his eye. 

"To who?" I asked, allthough I was quite sure I knew who Taeil was referring to.

"You know, your roommate who comes here to talk to you and to drink insane amounts of espresso" He said and clearly tried to remember his name.

"Zhoumi? I don't have anything to confess to him" I said quickly, but it didn't quite feel like the truth, "I don't even know if he is gay" I added feeling a bit humiliated.

"Well, we have a deal then" Taeil said with a devilish smirk.

"Deal? What deal?" I asked feeling quite panicked.

"You will need to find out if your roommate is indeed gay and I need to confess to Jihoon" He said and quickly added, "Whoever is the first to finish their task will get the evening shift for a month"

"Oh, I see" I said and pondered the idea in my head, "But you and Jihoon have known each other for over a year and I've known Zhoumi just a couple of months, that doesn't seem fair"

"Well, life isn't always fair my friend" Taeil said with a deep dramatic voice.

"You sound like an old man" I said and we both bursted out laughing, "How much time do I have?" I asked as our laughter finally died down.

"We need to be done by this time next week" Taeil said and wiped the tears of laughter from his eyes. He got up and disappeared into the backroom for a while. Soon he appeared again with his own clothes on, he walked to the door and waved me a goodbye as he left. After all his shift ended an hour ago.

I sat in place for a few minutes, before a customer walked in and I needed to get back to work. Through the last hour of my shift, the only thing I could think about was the challenge. 

What had I gotten myself into?

-------------------------------

Daaaamn, Henry is in trouble kekekeke ^^~
Can't wait to update moore :33

♦ COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND DO ALL THAT JAZZ ♦

Until the next chapter, BYEEEE ~!!