The invitation

The new boy in our dorm

Zhoury's POV:

I got home late. I had left early in the morning to spend the entire day at the library. I wanted to really get ahead of my studyng schedule so that I could have a free night with Henry tht didn't involve only studying endlessly. I arrived to the quiet apartment. I dropped my shoes on the floor and my coat into the stand we had in our hall. I slowly made my way across our living room and through the quiet hallway into mine and Henry's shared room. Henry wasn't in there. He was still at work, I realised as I gazed at the clock. His shift would end in thirty minutes. I placed my bookbag on the floor and fell onto our bed. I layed there on my back for a good ten minutes just allowing my brain to cool down after the intense day I had had. I slowly went trough all the things I had read and learned. I felt confident. I had worked hard today and I was sure it was going to pay off. I slowly turned my head so that I could see Henry's side of the bed. There was something on his nightstand. A letter. I felt curiosity tingling my senses. What could it be? It was not polite to read other people's personal letters, but the envelope was already open. I could just easily take out the letter inside, read it and place it back down and nobody would ever know, I thought. The curiosity got the best of me and I reached out and grabbed it. The envelope itself was very beautiful. The paper was shiny and embroided with swirls and flowers. I slowly turned it arund and pulled out the silver card from the inside of it. 

We would most kindly request your presence on our special day. 

Was the fist sentence I read. It was written in beautiful black calligraphy and it was clearly desinged by professionals. 

We would like you to accompany us on our way to our longest, most important journey. 
We are getting married on the 22nd of april in Seoul. 
The location and time will be comfirmed later through more reliable methods. 
We hope to see you there.

Sincerely
Yang HyunSuk and Lee EunJu 

This was an invitation to a wedding? Who were these people. Their names seemed vaguely familiar. Where had I heard them before? I quickly pulled out my laptop and typed the names on Google. My jaw fell as I read their Wikipedia page. Yang Hyunsuk was a succesful bussiness man, who was known for being the first man ever to own an airport and this man did not own just any airport. He owned the Incheon international airport. He had bought it five years ago and now he owned full rights to it. 
Lee EunJu's wikipedia page was mostly filled with compliments, not only about her astounding looks, but about her outstanding intelligence. She had graduated from the Yonsei University, with the best grades from her entire class. She had also modeled for huge companies and had even been the Korean representative of Gucci for three years. She had also been voted as the most beautiful woman in all of Asia, which was something.

So why were we invited to their wedding? We clearly didn't move in the same circles. I don't think I had ever even known anyone who could've organized us this invitation. I placed my laptop down and put the envelope and the invitation back into their previous place.

I got up from our bed and walked back into our kitchen. I had only eaten a cup of instant noodles in the library and I could feel myself craving for something more. I opened the fridge and took out some salad, tomatoes, cucumber and a can of soda. I mixed everything into a plate and after that I grabbed my soda can. I sat down on our livingroom and opened the tv. I knew there was nothing worth watching right now. I skipped through a couple of channels and gladly ate my salad. Once it was finished I went back to our kitchen and placed my dishes into the sink. 
Now what? I had nothing to do. I was completely utterly bored. I walked around our apartment and gazed into the empty bedrooms. It was quite rare for me to have some alone time in the flat. There was always somebody to keep me company, but tonight seemed to be an exception. There were no one in the flat except me. I walked back into our room, but I stopped on the door. Did I really need to go in? There was nothing to do in there either. 
I walked back into the livingroom and just stood in place for a good 5 minutes. Maybe I could go out and have a walk, I thought and grabbed my coat and pulled my shoes back on. As I walked down the stairs to the main door I realised something. I could go and wait at Henry's café for his shift to end and walk back home with him. I walked through the front doors and headed to the city. I walked along the busy streets and couldn't help, but smile. I felt good, I thought and took a left turn around the corner and saw the familiar inviting lights of the café. There were no people in the main room and after I tried the handle I noticed that the door was locked. I knocked on it and soon enough I saw Henry walking into the main room and he smiled when he noticed me. He opened the door and let me in.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and gave me small hug.

"I thought I could walk you home, since I got bored at the apartment" I said nonchalantly, but I felt like a million dollars. 

"Oh, that's really nice of you" Henry said, "I'm going to fetch my coat and bag, wait just one minute" He said and dashed into the back of the shop. I slowly sat down on one of the tables and examined the room. The walls were red tile and the floor was dark wood. It was a very cozy environment, I could understand why Henry liked his work. Soon enough Henry appeared back with his coat on and his bag in his hand.

"Ready to go?" I asked and got up.

"Yea, let's go"

We walked out and I waited while Henry locked the main door. We walked down the street and into the crowd on the main street. We walked towards our apartment slowly, we had learned to cherish these moments when we actually had time to talk to each other in peace. 

"So, I actually needed to talk to you about something" Henry suddenly said, he didn't sound concerned, just taken aback. 

"What is it?"

"You see, when we spent that night in the casino" He began, "And I stole the bottle from the bar, I actually stayed there and made the customers some drinks so that the bartender wouldn't be suspicious when he returned"

"Okay, then?"

"Apparently I made something good and there was this man who met a woman on the bar and I sort of introduced them to each other"

"You're like a little cupid" I said and laughed a bit.

"Yea, anyhow they actually fell in love and now were invited to their wedding" Henry said and took a break to let the new sink in. I knew about it obviously, but I figured it would be better to just pretend that I hadn't heard anything abou tit and look suprised. 

"Oh really, how nice" I said and gave Henry an exited look.

"Yea, they're really rich and hig-class, but I hope we can manage one wedding without any incidents" Henry said sarcastically.

"Yeah I hope so too"

We arrived to the apartment and Henry fetched the invitation he read it to me and I listened, like I had never seen it before. We agreed that we would go and since there was still a bit of time untill the big day we had some time to adjust to the idea.

"I hope this isn't too much for you" Henry said and sounded a bit apologetic. 

"No, it's good, I love weddings and all that stuff" I said and it made Henry laugh.

"You're just adorable you know" He said and blushed a bit.

"No one has ever said that to me" I said and fought back a giggle.

"Well, then I will start telling it to you" 

-----------------------------------------

This one was just another "filler" chapter so that all the things are smoothed out for the next chappie ^^
It was once again written entirely on my phone on one boring luchbreak so it's filled with errors and misspells, but soon
I will sit down on my computer and write a better one
I promise that !!
I hope you enjoyed it and I will make a more eventful update soon !!

✧ COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND DO ALL THAT JAZZ