What are we?

The new boy in our dorm

Henry's POV:

I was sincerely suprised by the fact that Zhoumi actually walked all the way to the café and walked home with me after my shift. Nobody had ever done anything so nice towards me. When I dated girls, I did try that before realising I played for the other team, they would never do anything like that to me, they would just assume I was always okay. These things always led up to messy break-ups.
Things were different with Zhoumi though. He was the first male I had ever allowed myself to develop strong feelings for.
Of course I had had crushes before, but they had never felt anything like this. Those crushes were gone just as fast as they had arrived, but Zhoumi was different. When he had first opened the door to me on the day I arrived, I had instantly felt a boiling hot sensation taking over my entire body. It was nothing like I had ever experienced. It was like getting posessed, I no longer controlled my thoughts and emotions, they were on Zhoumi's hands now.
Being with Zhoumi felt so easy and yet it gave me butterflies and made me nervous. He was able to drive me insane with silence and make me forgive him just by smiling. He was like a drug, I couldn't get enough of him. His scent, his soft hair, his strong arms, his weird habits, the way he chewed his thumbnail when he was nerbous, all those things kept me going, even on my darkest days, If it would be possible, I would want to have his smile hooked into my veins.
I still didn't know how he felt about me though. We had had our date, but we hadn't discussed our feelings after it or anything. I wasn't really looking forward to that conversation either, I had not idea what Zhoumi might say, even though I had thought through every single scenario. 'I think we're better off being just friends', 'You're nice and all, but not quite my type' or 'I like Heechul better'. I was scared that he would qualify me as 'not good enough'. 

After we had spent a good hour inside our apartment, Ryeowook said that he would go grocery shopping and of course Yesung agreed to go with him. Me and Zhoumi said that we would come with them so we went to the local super market and bought a bunch of groceries for the following week. After we got out of the store Ryeowook said that he and Yesung would take the groceries back to our flat and said that me and Zhoumi could have a nice walk home. He obviously wanted to walk home with Yesung alone. I had no problem with that, so me and Zhoumi walked slower until we completely lost Ryeowook and Yesung out of our sight. 

"You're awfully quiet" He said as we arrived to our street.

"Oh sorry, I was just in deep thought" I answered and smiled awkwardly.

"What were you thinking?" He asked, but quickly added, "If you don't mind me asking"

"Nothing special, just all these little things bothering me" I said avoiding his eyes. 

"You can tell me if something is wrong, you know that?" He said and sounded worried. 

"Yes I know, don't worry I'm fine" I said and hoped he couldn't see that I was lying.

"Is this about the wedding?" He suddenly asked and I stopped on my tracks.

"No" I said a bit too quickly, I sighed and continued, "Actually, it is" 

"Tell me"

"Well, I don't know what should we introduce ourselves as once we meet people in the wedding" I blurted out, maybe louder than I should have.

We were standing on the dimly lit street quietly. I could hear cars driving somewhere, but the street we were on was empty, except for us. We were standing about half a meter away from each other just staring. I could see the outlines of Zhoumi's face and he had an unreadable experssion on his face. My words hung over us like a huge cloud. Zhoumi looked at me with intense heat in his eyes and said:

"So basically what you're asking is, what are we?" 

"Yes"

"Well, ask it properly then" He said on a demanding tone.

I took a deep breath.

"What are we Zhoumi?" I asked first quietly, but then louder, "What are we? Friends? Roommate? Lovers? Strangers?"

"I don't know" He said and sounded defeated.

"What can we pretend to be for the wedding?" I asked after a while, "Do we just say that we're good friends?"

"You know, we could just say that we're dating and have this talk after the wedding" Zhoumi said quietly while staring down at his feet.

"Yeah, it will be like an experiment to see how we like the dating life" I said and Zhoumi just nodded. 

"Soo, should we head inside?" I said and slowly walked towards the main door. 

"Hold on" Zhoumi said and quickly ran next to me. He wrapped his right arm around my shoulders and gave me a gentle kiss on top of my head, "If I'm going to be your fake boyfriend at the wedding, I might as well start now"

"Sure, suit yourself" I said nonchalantly, but my heart was about to explode out of my chest.

------------------------------------------------------

Heyaaaaaa !!

I just finished this chapter on a busride from home to school this morning. 

It is short and rather awkward, but it needed to be written so here it is :3

 ღ COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND DO ALL THAT JAZZ ღ 

LUV U ALL !!