Chapter 32- What if Jongdae was a sock that lost its pair?

"What If..?"

 

 

 

“Sockie, little sock! Where are you dear? Come, show yourself to mama. You don’t want mama to be late right?”

The girl was saying while searching for the lost pair of her new pink socks. She was currently crawling under her bed.

“Oh come on! You are like the most expensive pair of socks one has ever seen and you like playing hide and seek? Try playing something more sophisticated like chess or I don’t know what.” She whined pulling her hair out.

While she was at it, she bumped her head to her bed.

“Ow! Just you wait you big head, someday I will make you smaller!” she hissed. “Where is this damned sock?!”

“Oh it!” she came out from underneath the bed and went to take another pair of socks. “These will do.”

Then she went out of her room.

“I’m late, ing damn it!”

The sad other pair of the lost sock just looked after her. He had really hoped that the girl would find his mate, but she couldn’t.

The sock’s name was Jong and the lost pair’s name was Dae. They were unseperable until the girl came and bought them. And guess what? The first thing she had done was losing Dae.

“I would ing kill you if I had arms and legs.” Jong mumbled, shooting daggers at the door that was left open.

“Jong?” he then heard the voice of his mate. It was actually the exact same voice he had, being a pair of socks was definitely interesting…

“Dae?” Jong yelled with a hopeful smile on his face. “Where are you my dear?”

“Ugh… I don’t know. But there are lots of mountains here. I’m between two, no wait, four of them. The mountains have surrounded me Jong and it’s dark! I’m scareeeeeeeed~”

Dae was a scaredy sock, but Jong really didn’t mind it. He found it pretty cute actually.

“Dae, dear. Look around more and tell me everything you see okay?”

“Umm… there are also very soft fabrics under me, they’re triangular. Oh! And also some shiny things, but they look scary… I’m scared Joooooooong!”

Jong could make out that Dae was crying by now from his voice. How were socks crying? Well, without any tears being shed. So it was a bit painful for them.

“Hurry! Hurry up!” Luhan shook Baekhyun’s shoulders. “Jongdae will be back anytime and I don’t want him to know that I’ve made him a sock! A pink one at that!”

“A pair of socks actually. He’s split into two at the moment.” Chanyeol tried to say something wise but utterly failed.

“Okay okay!” Baekhyun shot back at Luhan. “I’m finishing it.”

“Anything else?” Jong said.

“Umm… there’s a thin line of light above me.” Was the answer he got.

God, only if he wasn’t inside a basket.

“Dear, I can’t see where you might be because the girl tossed me inside a basket but don’t worry! We will both survive. Think of our price hmm?”

“Hm-hmm.” Dae answered with a nervous hum. “The 180$ the girl paid for us… hmm, those were good days.”

“It was just yesterday.” Jong mumbled but he couldn’t afford letting Dae hear that. The other would definitely go and cry until he was torn up.

“We sure are expensive huh?” he said to Dae instead.

“Yup we are!”

Thank the god of socks, Dae was back to his cheerful self.

“I’m scared.” Chanyeol was hiding his face behind Luhan’s back. “Baekhyun’s a crazy dude who dreams of socks in his free time.”

Luhan nodded.

“Roger that, but I think that you’re overreacting. Baekhyun’s still the short dude you know.”

“Yea-“ Baekhyun nodded then realized what he was agreeing on. “Hey!” he punched Luhan’s arm.

“Ahaha! You admitted you’re short!” Luhan was laughing like crazy.

“He’s doing that every time.” Chanyeol was laughing too.

“But this one was just hilarious. He was all clueless and such when he nodded!”

“And he was cuuuuuuute

~” Chanyeol was now holding his stomach. “Omo, it hurts!”

“It will hurt more if you don’t stop now.” Baekhyun mumbled with an unamused face.

“OMG! Luhan! Look at the frown he has got! He looks like a puppy who couldn’t take his favorite toy from his owner’s hands!” Chanyeol was hitting his legs now.

Luhan was doubled up from all the laughing he was doing. He was breathless. He didn’t have any energy to reply to Chanyeol but he looked at Baekhyun’s face to see what he was talking about. And his laughs just got louder.

“What’s going on here?” Jongdae just came on time.

“Oh my! Jongdae!” Chanyeol yelled and pulled him beside himself. “Come sit here! Some things happened and Baekhyun admitted that he was short!”

Jongdae didn’t join the laughing duo and defended Baekhyun instead, the alliance between the dwarfs…

“He isn’t short! It’s just because you’re with him all the time that he looks short you giant!”

“I’m not a giant! My height is just average!” Chanyeol argued back. He had stopped laughing.

“Where? In which planet? Luhan is average!” Jongdae pointed at the male mentioned. “Go stand beside him and tell me that you’re average!”

Chanyeol didn’t reply. Silence surrounded the whole room.

“What did you do when I was gone?” Jongdae asked after a while.

“…Nothing.” was the answer he got from the three.

___________________

So in this chpater, Jongdae was actually going to be a bus driver, an annoying one. Because the annoying bus driver didn't open the door for me today and made me walk to my house from like... another district. I ing walked 10 minutes more! And I'm a fast walker, a very fast one. But then I thought, why take it out on my poor Jongdae when I can make him a lovely sock? So, this chapter was born.

Jongdae's reaction was like that when he heard I've changed my mind:

Then I pouted like the world's end was coming.

 

Oh! And here's today's gif! ^^

 

Have a good day, guys! ^^