Chapter 19- What if Baekhyun was a Shadow?

"What If..?"

 

 

 

“It’s all about you, my butterfly~”

“Oh no, no,nonono!” Jongdae shook his head.

Chanyeol had begun singing G-Dragon’s Butterfly. The song was good, he liked it but it definitely suited G-Dragon’s sweet voice better than Chanyeol’s deep voice. Listening to Chanyeol singing it was like the worst torture he had put up with the last two days.

He had to do something about it, immediately!

“Every time I come close to youuuu~ (Every time I’m feeling you) Feel like I’m gonna-“

“What if Baekhyun was a shadow?!” he suddenly shouted.

Everyone was startled by his outburst –especially the amazing singer Chanyeol- but they didn’t mind it –except Chanyeol, he was pouting like there was no tomorrow- because Chanyeol had finally shut up.

But after not even a second, he began singing another song.

“Shadow, shadow, because I’m a shadow, shadow, shadow~”

“Okay!” Baekhyun clasped his hands together. “If you sing one more song related to the question, I will totally beat you up and make you cat food!”

“Ride MaMa Beat, Ride MaMa Beat, Ride MaMa Be-“

“Guys, any last words you want to say to Chanyeol?” Baekhyun turned his head to the others.

“He was a good person, but he was stupid.” Luhan began.

“So stupid that he provoked the soul reaper Baekhyun.” Jongdae nodded his head.

“I want to say that we will miss him,”

“But we definitely won’t.

“Because he was someone totally dangerous

“for the people around him.” Jongdae finished their shared speech with Luhan.

Baekhyun gave them a firm nod before turning back to the culprit.

“Thanks, Luhan and Jongdae.”

He was staring right into Chanyeol’s soul with his anger filled eyes.

“What did we say about your singing before?”

“That I was better off not singing and that I should stick with just rapping.”

“Right.” Baekhyun nodded. “So, are you sorry for your actions a minute ago?”

“Yeah…” Chanyeol mumbled, he was seconds away from bursting into tears.

“Good boy.” Baekhyun smiled and patted his head. “No more singing from now on, okay?”

“Okay…” Chanyeol was on a lollipop that came out of nowhere now.

“Now that we’re cleared that, you said what if I was a shadow Jongdae?” he turned back to the others.

Jongdae was still in a daze. His usually fast mind was in slow motion now and he couldn’t grasp what had happened there a second ago. It was… it was like Baekhyun had suddenly went bigger while talking with Chanyeol.

‘I was probably just hallucinating.’ He thought shaking his head.

“No? did you say shallow, then?” Baekhyun crossed his arms.

‘There comes back the big Baekhyun…’ he thought.

“Yes. I mean, no. I mean… yes to your first question.” He gave an awkward smile. “I was thinking of something…”

“Obviously.” Baekhyun was giving him a look that made Jongdae anxious in a second. “I’m starting.”

Luhan could clearly see that the control was handed over to Baekhyun now.

‘There goes my days as the boss…’ he sighed before fully concentrating on Baekhyun’s shadow story.

It was time for the sun to set which meant I would be gone, like always. But I didn’t want to go anywhere, I wanted to see how the night view was. But I knew that it was impossible without light around.

My owner, Kim Joonmyun, was someone who despised the modern technology. So he was totally opposed to use any kind of electronic devices or even the candles made by those huge machines.

“You used the janitor again?” Luhan asked.

“I needed someone near my height, you know my complex.” Baekhyun shrugged.

He was living in a cave deep inside the forest, feeding himself with the wild animals’ meat and the plants and mushrooms that grew near the cave. Sure, he was occasionally getting poisoned by the different types of mushrooms he had tried but he was absolutely stubborn about not using the medication made by modern technology.

That is the reason why I decided to leave him, at least for a few days. I would escape right next day in the morning.

After I have decided that, he sun set and I was gone.

The other day began pretty early, which was very good for me. Joonmyun was someone who needed his morning sleep. I quickly separated myself from him and went out of the cave. I was trying hard to stay inside other shadows because the sun could make me disappear forever.

My search didn’t take long though, I had already found someone suitable before the sun had begun threatening me from right above me. The noon sun was definitely the worst!

Anyway, I made my way to my target as quickly as I could and placed myself below him.

“Go away!” his shadow hissed at me. “Kyungsoo is mine!”

“Shut up please, I won’t stay for long. I just wanna see the night view for once.” I made him shut up. No one could resist my pleading voice.

“The guy’s the chemistry teacher?” Jongdae raised a brow.

“The height guys, the height.” Baekhun sighed. “Don’t think anything weird.”

 “That was for you, you day dreaming idiot.” He threw something at Luhan a second later.

“Uh?” Luhan looked at him. “What?”

“Listen to me and don’t drift away to your little dreamland okay?” Baekhyun furrowed his brows at him.

“Okay…”

I stayed with Kyungsoo and his annoying shadow until night and saw the night view, finally. But I was thrown out by the other shadow immediately the other morning.

I went back to Joonmyun and quickly placed myself to my original place.

When Joonmyun woke up, he tried to hug me shouting “Oh shadowie! I thought I had lost you!”

“You made Joonmyun a crazy dude.” Luhan said, standing up. “What do you want for dinner?”

The nonexistent comments for his story were immediately forgotten by Baekhyun the second he heard the word dinner, he was just too hungry to be able to think straight anymore.

“Anything!” the other three cheered Luhan, pushing him towards the kitchen.

_________________

This one's actually 1006 words long while the previous chapter was around 750. Kill me if you want...

All I can say is that eating candy sure makes wonders (and G-Dragon's songs, for me. Thank you GD for making this chapter possible! >.< Take this one as a late brithday present from me okay? ^^ And sorry that I'm not writing about you for more than a year. I still love you! >.<)

So, how was the chapter guys? ^^

Please comment and subscribe! ^^

A handsome shadow for you!

Joking! Not that one! >.<

This one:

 

Happy days! ^^ 

And thank you 'nikkiniknik21' for upvoting! ^^ I love you!