Chapter 15- What if Jongdae was the artist Luhan's muse?

"What If..?"

 

 

 

It was half an hour later that Baekhyun finally came to the kitchen where his two other friends were sitting in anxiety.

“How is he doctor? Will he survive?” was Chanyeol’s first reaction after seeing Baekhyun appearing at the door.

“He’s…fine…Chanyeol. Can you please let go of me?” Baekhyun mumbled, trying to push Chanyeol off of himself.

Yeah, Chanyeol had jumped on top of him while he was talking.

“Oh, yeah sorry.” Chanyeol gave him an awkward smile, scratching the back of his neck.

“But seriously,” Jongdae came near them. “What’s his condition now?”

“Oh yeah!” Baekhyun slammed his fist in his other hand. “I came here to say that Luhan is back to his cheerful self.”

“We bought him almost the whole bubble tea shop.” Jongdae muttered. “He better be cheerful.”

Baekhyun didn’t mind the interruption and continued.

“But the thing is, he can get angry anytime. So come quickly and find something good this time.”

“Why don’t you find it yourself?” Jongdae asked.

“Because I can’t. he won’t accept any what if from me for a long time.” Baekhyun almost yelled at Jongdae. Why was he acting so annoying now?

“Jongdae, I think you’re a bit too pissed now. Why don’t you calm down before going in?” Chanyeol expressed Baekhyun’s thoughts, of course in a softer manner.

Jongdae nodded and sat back down on the kitchen table.

“You go ahead and continue the game. I will come in a minute.” He said, motioning them to leave with one hand while massaging his temple with the other.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol took one last glance of their usually cheerful friend and got out of the kitchen.

“I guess Luhan went too far this time huh?” Baekhyun shrugged.

“Seems like it.” Chanyeol nodded.

“What are we going to do about Jongdae? He can’t be tricked with bubble teas right?”

Chanyeol shook his head slowly. Then after a second, his eyes lit up.

“But, I think I’ve found a way.”

“What is it?” Baekhyun immediately turned to Chanyeol. He was eager to hear the taller’s suggestion.

“You know the little egoist that resides inside Jongdae’s head, right? I think the state he’s in now is because of that egoist. So if we please the egoist…”

“We can get rid of him.” Baekhyun completed Chanyeol’s sentence. “Chanyeol, you can be such a genius sometimes!”

“I always am! You just can’t understand that!”

“Yeah, what you say…” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. “I think I’ve found just the perfect what if.”

Chanyeol grinned at him and they went into the living room where Luhan was impatiently tapping his fingers on the floor, waiting for them.

“Where’s Jongdae?” he asked as soon as they went in.

“He wanted to drink some water. He will come in a minute.” Baekhyun answered sitting down.

Luhan nodded then smiled.

“I’m waiting for his what if.”

Chanyeol immediately pulled an adorable pout.

“But I was gonna ask this time.”

“Aww…” the fanboy inside Luhan made an annoying entrance. “Okay then big boy. You can go this time.”

Then Jongdae came in.

“Sorry.”

He seemed a bit better now. At least his frown had vanished.

Baekhyun tapped on the empty place beside him.

“You came just on time!” he chimed. “Chanyeol was gonna ask his question.”

Nodding, Jongdae turned his head to Luhan.

“Are you feeling better now?”

Luhan blushed a bit from embarrassment and nodded too.

“Yeah, sorry for making a scene, again.”

“As you said, it wasn’t the first time so don’t worry.”

“Sorry anyway.” Luhan apologized again before Chanyeol cleared his throat and asked his question.

“What if Jongdae was the artist Luhan’s muse?”

Yes, it was the question created by Baekhyun’s genius brain. But because not even him using aegyo would work on Luhan right now, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had agreed that Chanyeol would be the one asking it before going inside.

“Is that 2 in 1 or what?” Jongdae questioned.

“Well, you can say that.” Chanyeol grinned. “So, you two work together on telling the story!”

“Okay then, I’m starting it. Since I’m the artist.” Luhan nodded then looked at Jongdae.

Seeing that he nodded too, he began.

I’m an artist who is pretty famous right now. I’ve been painting for eight years now and luckily all my paintings were liked by the public eye. Well, not all. Since some of them were quite hard to understand by people who weren’t that much into symbolism. But you don’t have to know all those details.

The one thing you should know is that me, the famous artist is having a hard time getting creative now. Inspiration doesn’t want to come to me. My mind is blank. I want to draw, put paint on my drawings and what not, but I can’t. the brush drops from my hand as soon as I take it. I’m lost as an artist.

“Okay, time for the muse.” Luhan smiled at Jongdae.

“I didn’t know you had such an artistic mind.” Baekhyun commented before Jongdae could begin.

“You know, I’ve tried drawing once. Then I saw the math teacher’s drawings and I gave up. I couldn’t possibly compete with.”

Playful smirks appeared on others lips.

“Yeah, right. No one can draw as beautifully as Kris!” they burst into laughter.

“Okay, some inspiration.” Luhan said after a while, clearing his throat.

“Right.” Jongdae nodded.

I was wandering around, like always. That was how I met the poor artist. I liked his paintings, very much actually. And the state he was in now was definitely breaking my heart. So I decided to help him.

I teleported myself into his room, because I’m fabulous and I’m a fairy, and took my place on his right shoulder.

“Having a hard time?” I asked to him.

I knew he would hear the wonderful voice of me, although he couldn’t see me.

“Yeah…” he answered.

He was thinking that he was just talking with his inner voice.

“Want some help?” I offered.

“Would be wonderful!” he sighed. “I can’t even lift the brush up to the toile.”

“How about drawing a fairy? With beautiful transparent wings and tons of little birds dancing around it.”

“Isn’t that too simple?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Just think that you’re a new artist and you don’t have any experience. It will help, trust me.”

“I’m just like them.” He sighed again. “Or even worse. At least they have the passion of a beginner.”

“Don’t be so pessimistic. Let your brush lead you. Who knows, that little fairy would turn into a wonderful nymph while you’re drawing it.”

“You’re right.” He nodded and started sketching on the canvas.

After it was fully finished, it had really turned out to be a water nymph with wings made out of water and a relaxed and happy expression on her face.

It was beautiful, just like all his other paintings, and I loved this one too. Maybe even more than the others, since it had also my soul in it.

“Jongdae isn’t bad with his words either.” Luhan smirked. “I was almost crying there.”

“Why?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at him. “It was pretty, okay. but I can’t understand why you would cry.”

Baekhyun elbowed him hard on the ribs.

“Shut up!” he hissed silently.

Chanyeol whimpered a little while nodding.

“Really, you’re totally not understanding the atmosphere.” Baekhyun shook his head.

“I want something funnier next time.” Luhan smiled at the three of them. “And I want Jongdae to tell it, whatever it is.”

“No way in hell am I tell another story!” Jongdae yelled immediately.

“Then Chanyeol!” Luhan  pointed at the tallest. “The job’s yours!”

“Yuss!” Chanyeol threw his fists in the air, a whimper following his cry of victory. Baekhyun’s elbow was just too strong.

________________________

Not a very funny chapter, sorry guys... T.T But I tried my best.

Please leave a comment and subscribe! ^^

I love you! \(^-^)/

Look at our Chanyeollie! He's just too happy to be able to tell a story! >.<