Chapter 28- What if Baekhyun was a detective?

"What If..?"

 

 

 

“I’ve decided to sell the copies of Baekhyun’s photo!” Luhan exclaimed happily at the kitchen table the other morning.

They had decided to sleep early last night because Luhan was too grumpy after studying with Jehwa for God knows how long.

“You even have made copies?!” Baekhyun jumped up from his seat, spitting everything in his mouth on his plate. And… it wasn’t really the most beautiful sight one could see, the chewed bacons and such but mostly bacons.

“Are you trying to finish all the bacons because you don’t want anyone to chew your little siblings’ fragile bodies?” Luhan questioned him, looking at the chewed bacon ball on Baekhyun’s plate.

“Answer me!” Baekhyun was now furiously tapping his feet on the floor.

He really wasn’t happy with the bacon comment which made the situation much worse.

“Yeah, about 500 copies.” Luhan answered finally, with a tired sigh.

Yes, he was tired of this conversation. Wasn’t Baekhyun the one who walked around the school grounds dressed as a girl? So why was he acting like this now?

“Where do you hide all those?” Chanyeol asked big eyed.

“Here and there. They’re not all together in one place, for their security.”

“Good thinking.” Chanyeol nodded.

Who knew what could happen to them if they were all found?

“Yes!” Jongdae suddenly yelled, making Baekhyun stop giving Luhan –and Chanyeol, but mostly Luhan- death glares.

“What?!” the overly annoyed Baekhyun turned to him.

“A question! A good one.” Jongdae grinned widely.

“You’re making me scared…” Luhan mumbled before a grin appeared on his little, pretty face too. “But I like it. Spill the beans.”

“Now?” Chanyeol asked. “But we’re in the middle of breakfast…”

“I don’t remember asking you.” Luhan turned to Chanyeol. “As the hyung here, you will do as I say.”

The intimidate stare Luhan was giving Chanyeol was enough for the younger to shiver in fright and mumble a shaky “O-okay…”

Luhan, with a satisfied smile forming on his lips, turned back to Jongdae.

“What is it, Jongdae-ya?”

“What if Baekhyun was a detective?” Jongdae said.

The long forgotten Baekhyun’s bitter frown immediately disappeared and a wide grin took its place.

“Wonderful!”

“I’m guessing you will be the one telling?” Luhan said which was answered with an eager nod from Baekhyun.

“Let’s start then.” Luhan smiled at him.

He was happy that Baekhyun had forgotten about the photos, his new way to earn money.

“Bacon Detective Agency. Kim Jongdae talking.” Kim Jongdae, the famous detective Byun Baekhyun’s secretary answered the phone.

“Yes, yes. I will tell him right away. Yes, thank you. Have a good day, ma’am.”

It was one of the costumers. She had called to say that she wanted a meeting with Byun Baekhyun, as soon as possible. Who knew what she wanted to talk about.

Maybe she had finally enough of her betraying husband and wanted to marry with Baekhyun instead? It seemed pretty possible to Jongdae.

“Baekhyunnie!” Jongdae flew the door of Baekhyun’s room open. “That woman, the one who asked you to follow her husband, called and said that she wanted to have a meeting with you. She said that it was urgent. I highly doubt that though.”

Baekhyun looked up from his papers and answered “Okay, call her and say that she can come whenever I have free time. When am I free anyway?”

“Right now and for the rest of the week.” Jongdae replied.

“Perfect. Call her now.”

With that, Jongdae left the room and returned to his desk to make the call.

“Luhan-sshi? Yes, I’ve talked with Mister Baekhyun and he said that he can receive you as soon as possible. Yes, ma’am. You can come right now.”

“You made me the cheated wife?” Luhan pointed at himself.

Baekhyun just gave him a smile that said ‘sweet sweet revenge’.

As soon as he closed the phone, the agency’s door opened with a bang.

“I’m here!” Luhan-sshi had come.

“You’re… pretty fast.” Jongdae blinked a few times. “And you’ve brought your suitcase too.”

Luhan-sshi nodded.

“Yes, I’m going to China after that.”

“Then, this way Luhan-sshi.” Jongdae led her to Baekhyun’s room.

“Welcome, Luhan-sshi.” Baekhyun raised his head and smiled at the woman. “How can I help you?”

“I wanted the file of my husband. I’m going back to China and I will give it to my lawyer before going.”

“Ma’am, you know that I can’t do that. I’ve used some illegal methods to fill that file, I don’t want to end up in jail.”

“Don’t worry, my lawyer will take care of that.” Luhan-sshi gave an assuring smile to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was still hesitant. Why would he anyway? He had even followed the husband, Jongin,

“Why the hell am I being cheated on by Jongin?” Luhan interrupted again.

Baekhyun gave him the same smile one more time.

He had even followed the husband, Jongin, to the bathroom for the sake of doing his job. He didn’t even bother telling that he had placed several microphones and cameras around his other house where he spent the weekends alone –or so he had said to Luhan-sshi-, his office and his car.

He would be in serious trouble if those were found out. Yes, he had the right to place mics and cams, but not in cases like those. That counted as invading the private life.

“Don’t worry.” Luhan-sshi repeated. “I told my lawyer to tell that that was all my doing. No one will ever know that I came here.”

Thinking a bit more for a few minutes, Baekhyun sighed and handed the woman the file.

“And, one more thing.” Luhan-sshi said, taking the file.

Baekhyun gave him a questioning look.

“I’m taking to with me too. Or else you will be put into jail.”

So Jongdae was right after all. He smiled to himself, watching everything from the corner.

“W-What?” Baekhyun stepped back.

“Come hubby! We’re going to our love nest!” Luhan dragged Baekhyun out of the office.

“You made yourself…” Chanyeol was dazed.

Baekhyun nodded at him.

“Yes, a pretty unexpected ending from me right?”

“Yeah…”

Jongdae refused to say anything. Because the moment he opened his mouth, bad comment would come out from it and he didn’t want to say anything bad when he was finally the normal one in the story.

Luhan was refusing to comment too. But not because he would say something bad, he liked the story, honestly talking. It was because he liked the story that he would tell Baekhyun the places he had hidden the photos the moment his mouth was opened.

“No one’s commenting?” Baekhyun looked at them. “Oh well, then I will do that myself. Pretty good story, Baekhyun-ah! You’re the best! You’re the most handsome and most talented out of us! We love you from the depths of our hearts!”

“Ooh…” he then waved his hand and placed it on his left cheek. “Stop it guys, you’re making me shy.”

“That’s what’s called self-service, huh?” Chanyeol mumbled inaudibly.

_______________________

This one wasn't even near funny! T.T I wanna die! I'm sorry!

But I hope you've liked it anyway.

Don't forget to leave a comment, okay? Don't be a mean Jongdae or a meaner Luhan.

 

Here's a detective:

 

Look! He's waving at you!

 

Have a good day guys! ^^ I will go back to my homeworks! T.T