The Truth

Mute and Loud

 

Victoria is standing close to Baekhyun with her hand wrap around his wrist. They're talking to each other at the front gate while a car, which I believe is Victoria's parked in front of them.

 

 

And here I am, watching them like a fool. I'm not sure either to continue walking or turn around and leave them alone.

 

 

Hye, I'm sorry. I have this big assignment to do. Maybe we could do it some other day? Have a great night! Bye.

 

 

I press on the send button. Seconds later, Baekhyun fish out his phone and read the text message that I suppose is from me. I can't catch on what they're might be talking about as I am 60 meters away from him.

 

 

Suddenly, my phone vibrate. I stare on the screen, then lift up my head at Baekhyun. Its from him. The call last for more few seconds and it ends. Don't hate me for not picking up the call but, I might couldn't say a word when he says my name.

 

 

I continue watching the both of them when Baekhyun put his phone back into his pants. Based on what I see, they seems like having another plan for tonight. And that is when I realized, I can only stay by his side but never will be his girl. Baekhyun get into her car, sitting at the driver seat while Victoria sit at the passenger seat. I hide behind the wall of the antic shop when the car fled on the road towards my direction.

 

 

I take a deep breath, trying to let it out slowly but I'm suffocating, heart torn into pieces, eyes turn crystal with a bit of pain plaster at the back of my mind.

 

 

I drop on my knees, hand turn into a fist and hit on my chest just to make the heartache go away. I don't need those. I don't need it. I can make it through this whole thing. I can make it through without him.

 

 

I can do it.

 

 

I can do…

 

 

I can…

 

 

I can't.

 

 

I can't do it.

 

 

It can't be simple as that. It will never be. He;s like a part of me. And sending him away will always be my last option.

 

 



 

Its morning and I didn't realized I dozed off on the study table, head rested on my arm while the other one sprawled to different angles. I lift my head as the sun rays outside the window in front of me struck right through my eyes. I frown in irritation. I blink once, twice, rub it for a few times.

 

 

Then, all I see is a mess table full of notes and a laptop which is still switch on. After a few recaps of last night event, I remember that I was trying to distract myself by studying but as expected, it didn't help much. Thoughts about Baekhyun and Victoria always found it way into my mind, torturing me at any possible ways.

 

 

I stand up, stretching my numb and ache body. My neck hurt the most since I laid on the cold, hard table the whole night without a single move. And I swear to myself to never do that again in the future because hell, it hurt so bad. Perhaps, its the inside that hurt much more.

 

 

After a long shower and dress myself with my favorite yellow oversized hoodie with a short pants, I walk out of my room and stop at the sight of Baekhyun's door shut tight. I didn't notice he came back home last night. Maybe he got back after I went to sleep. I climb down the stairs, humming to a song I grow fond to lately. Its a song about a boy who lost his loves one, but still waiting and regretting about his mistakes.

 

 

I wonder what if Baekhyun feel that way about me in the future. Cut the crap, Yuni.

 

 

I tie my hair into a ponytail while walking towards the kitchen to feed my empty stomach. I skipped dinner last night because of the sudden change of plan. Unconsciously, I let out a sigh and turn on the kettle to boil the water.

 

 

As I'm waiting for the water to boil. I lean against the kitchen cabinet with my eyes roam around every corner of the big space. Maybe, its about time for me to leave this place and move on. This is not a place where I belong to anymore. It used to be a place for both of us, Baekhyun and I. The place where I mend my broken heart because of my step mother, the place which I learn that I'm not alone in this big world and a place where I found my first love.

 

 

I giggle when a funny scene flash into my mind. It was during the night when we were an assignment partner, finishing up on our task and Baekhyun fell asleep. I remember tracing my finger on his lips then caught red-handed by him. Maybe I started to like him since then. And the moment when Baekhyun said that I was just a toy, that he was just using me and left me alone after we fought. How can it only have a good memory when there's more of the bad ones? Is it really my mistake for meeting him at the first place?

 

 

Ting!

 

 

I spin around and switch of the kettle. I grab a mug, fill it with a pack of instant coffee powder. Then, fill the white mug with hot water.

 

 

A strong arms wrap around my waist with a heavy head rest on my left shoulder near my neck. I startle but manage to take it under control since I'm pouring the hot water into the mug.

 

 

"Hey, what happened last night?" he muffled, scooting deeper. I shut my eyes, drug by his mesmerizing perfume.

 

 

"I got some things to do," I say as blunt as ever.

 

 

Baekhyun pull away and stand beside me. He throw his gazes at me with a worried look on his face. "Yuni, are we ok?" he asks, creases form across his forehead.

 

 

I put the mug on the kitchen top as I make my way to the stairs. I guess I need to skip breakfast again.

 

 

"I don't know. Its your call," I hiss. What is wrong with me? I sound like a bad woman right now. But it irritates me so much when he mentioned about us. Is there even 'us' to start with?

 

 

Baekhyun grab my wrist, pull me closer to him as I spin around with my other hand rest on his chest. I gasp with the close position we're at. It just that I haven't been this close with him for god knows how long.

 

 

Both of us are speechless, letting the silence in me screaming in pain. I can't do this.

 

 

"What're you doing?" I say, feeling annoyed.

 

 

I jerk my wrist, free from his tight grasp as I massage it for a bit.

 

 

"No, what is wrong with you, Yuni? I don't know if I can understand you anymore. Look, I want our relationship to work but you don't seems like you're interested anymore. Are you?" he asks.

 

 

I press my lips together and heave a heavy sigh. Our eyes met but neither of us say a word when I'm suppose to give him an answer. Does he really mean it? About making our relationship to work?

 

 

Don't believe him, Yuni. You're going to hurt a lot more.

 

 

"Yuni..." his melodious voice whisper my name, sending shiver down my spine.

 

 

"I don't know who's fault it is. Me, you, us or Victoria? I don't know."

 

 

"Why there's Victoria in this? There's only us. She has nothing to do with us," his voice getting louder, something which I expect to happen.

 

 

"Listen to yourself Beakhyun. You even defend her. Look, I don't want to hurt myself anymore. So please, its either to let me go or hold on me." It took a lot of effort for me to say that. I've used all of my courage and might not be able to stand straight anymore. If its going to turn out this bad, I should have run away when I first saw him.

 

 

Why does my life have to be this difficult? I thought things like this only happened in the movie but I guess does get real. And I'm proud of myself to last this long. I decide to end everything here. Its either me, Baekhyun, us or Victoria.

 

 

I want to be free from this mess.

 

 

Once again, Baekhyun tighten his hand around my wrist, dragging me to the front door without a single word been hear from his red lips.

 

 

"Let me go, Baekhyun. Don't do this anymore. I had enough of this thing. Just let me go," I beg as my tears almost go visible.

 

 

He stop abruptly, and that is when my tears flow down my cheeks.

 

 

Baekhyun face me, leaning forward, closing the distance between us. Our forehead touch, I freeze and hold my breathe but tears still flowing endlessly. Then, he wiped my tears with his thumb, caressing my cheek, making my knee weaken. How I miss him so much.

 

 

"I'll show you that Victoria has nothing to do with us. Let meet her and you'll see, hear everything. The truth and prove that you're the only one for me. I don't need her anymore when I have you here," he whisper, shaky breath hit my cheeks.

 

 

I just nod my head and the both of us head to the campus. A smile manage to creep on my face. And I hope it will last long.

 

 


 

My D.O's photocard collection (KR).

Completed it within 3-2 months. Yes, worth the money and will be getting his NR PC soon~~

 

 

Anyway, I re-edit this chapter for almost a week.

I don't know why but this chapter is lacking of something which I don't know t.t Forgive me if I'm right t.t

So, have a great holiday guys! :)