Trip: Part 2

Mute and Loud

 

 

Truth to be told, it’s indeed five boys. All five of them have a big smile across their faces. When I see them, I can picture how close they are. It gets me in the inside, the pure friendship they have together. And how amazing it is to actually know that someone is there for you all the time. I shift my gaze towards Baekhyun, standing close next to me with his arm wrap around my shoulder.

 

The seven of us are gather at the front of a park which is close to each of our houses. Chanyeol came with a small blue van. Maybe that is suppose to be our ride to the vacation home. Our trip is well-planned by Baekhyun. We’re going out of town for 3 days staying at a vacation house own by Baekhyun’s family.

 

“Yuni, meet my buddies. This is Kai,” he point his finger to a tall tanned skin boy wearing a grey V-neck shirt.

 

“And here’s Kyungsoo,” his finger move to the fair skin boy with big pair of eyes. I just found him squishy and the funny thing is I want to hug him.

 

Kyungsoo flash a bright smile and I smile back at him. He seems friendly. “Meet Suho and Sehun.” The duo seems close.

 

“And last but not least, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun says while patting Chanyeol’s back that happens to stand next to him.

 

Chanyeol is grinning widely, giving me a very calm vibe. I can’t hold myself from smiling even more wider than before. It feels so good to meet Baekhyun’s close friends. It makes me feels like I have grow much closer to him.

 

“What’re waiting for? Let’s go!” Chanyeol says loudly and open the boot of the small van. It’s a blue small van that could fit all seven of us perfectly. All the other four boys trail behind him, placing their luggages neatly on it. Kyungsoo is actually the one arranging the luggages. I think he might be the type of person who ensure all of his stuff are well-ordered.

 

A warm lips find it ways on the area next to my right eyes. It’s a soft touch yet so warming that makes me to feel such ease. Baekhyun unwrap his arms around me and join the crowd at the back of the boot. A small chuckle escape from my mouth. And I thought, since when I inherit Baekhyun’s habit, chuckling?

 


 

There are two row of seats at the back. Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo are sitting at the far back while Suho and Baekhyun sitting at the middle row. The person that is in charge in driving is the tall guy, Chanyeol and I happen to sit next to him on the passenger seat.

 

“Hyung, why don’t you sit at the front!” Baekhyun whine. The sound of the engine been starts fill in the air.

 

“You’re the only person who happens to bring along a partner. So, you need to suffer as much as we do,” Suho say with an evil smile.

 

“Baekhyun hyung, I understands you,” out of the blue, the tan skin boy says while his hands cross on his chest.

 

I’m quite confused at first. I turn my head to the side. Kai is glaring at Sehun who is sitting in the middle. I frown when I actually catch a little bit of hint there. Kai and Kyungsoo are together? It seems to be like that because Sehun sits in between the two of them but Kyungsoo doesn’t look he care while Kai is sighing heavily.

 

My eyes move to the side and trap into Baekhyun’s tense stare. I can see that he is quite unhappy. I press my lips together, holding back the smile.

 

You’re so childish.

 

“Well, at least you should be thankful that I feel this way, Yuni,” he says which makes Suho, Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo turn their head to face Baekhyun.

 

“Who’re you talking to hyung?” Sehun ask.

 

Baekhyun’s lips twitch upwards. “That girl over there,” he says with his lips directing at me. I lift my brows, mocking him.

 

The boy sitting next to me laugh. “Oh, I thought Baekhyun already told you guys about it.”

 

“About what?” Kyungsoo asks out of curiosity.

 

“Well, you just need to find out about that,” Chanyeol tease.


The four of them lean backwards, feeling dejected. This is going to be a long journey, I guess. I turn around, facing the front. I buck my seatbelt as the van is moving in a uniform speed along the empty highway. There are not many cars to be found on it since it is not the holidays season yet.

 


 

Short update but there will be a double update!