A New Year

Mute and Loud

 

Another year had passed and a new year has starts. It’s quite of weird in a way where Baekhyun and I will be enrolling in the same university but in different course. Baekhyun is major in vocal while I will be in the science campus. I used to love music but now, it kills everything.

 

“Yuni, I thought you used to be a singer when you’re in middle school,” Baekhyun asked while sitting on the sofa, flipping the pages of a motorcycle meqazine.

 

I clear my throat and place two mug fill with hot tea on the coffee table. I grab the television remote control, changing the channel without a second thought to answer his question. I’m not ready to answer any question regarding my past.

 

Baekhyun close the meqazine, putting next to him. He look at me while his other hand resting on the cushion. “Are you avoiding from answering me?”

 

I shook my head and sit leisurely.

 

I can hear Baekhyun sighing. He is about to say something but his phone ring stop him to.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

He is in silent for a few seconds. I turn my head to face him, only to find him speechless with a shock expression. Baekhyun stand up and walk out of the house to the front garden. I’m searching for his figure through the glass windows. I wonder, who might be calling him at this hour and make him looking like that.

 

There’s nothing much that I could do. I continue watching the tv while sipping the warm tea, trying hard to make myself comfortable. I feel uneasy about something that I’m not aware of. And it might hurt me as much as everything else does.

 

Then, I hear his motorcycle engine been starts, I run to the front door and it is too late. He is already on the road, moving far from my sight.

 


 

He didn’t come home yesterday and I’ve tried to call him for god-knows-how many times I did. I sit at the far back from the lecture desk next to no one. Everyone is still new to me. And I’m not quite a fan of finding a friend. I’m more into let them find me. I pull my phone from my pocket and dial Baekhyun’s number, again. And the only person that have been picking up his call is the operator.

 

I scoff in irritation. He promise me that we will be going to the campus together. And I have to ride that suffocating bus alone with a ert who tried to touch around my private area.

 

“You don’t look fine,” a girl’s voice say next to me.

 

I turn around, lowering my gaze and shook my head. “I’m ok. Thanks anyway,” I deny and face the front.

 

“Wait, you’re Yuni right? Do you remember me? Krystal? At the ice-cream vendor and when you were with Baekhyun? Anyway, where is he? I suppose you’re her girlfriend, right?” Krystal say long enough for my head to spin.

 

I'm in daze. I look at Krystal with an empty expression.

 

Krystal laugh which make her face glow in an attracting way. “Sorry, I must have talk too much.”

 

I flash an awkward smile and nod my head. “Yes, I remember you.”

 

“Good. From now on, we’re best friend. I’ll give you a matching friendship bracelet like mine later. Oh, the lecturer is here,” she put her notebook on the desk.

 

I face the front and found a lady, perhaps in her late 20’s or early 30’s at the front with a long black hair tied into a ponytail. She is so beautiful and have the goddess face. And I don’t think she is Korean but perhaps is she mixed?

 

“Good morning, I’ll be teaching Human Anatomy from now on. Please behave or I’ll bite you,” she chuckle.

 

A student at the front, sitting next to the door raise his hand. “Madam, may I know your name?”

 

The whole class laugh teasingly. “She is my aunt. She’s pretty isn’t it?” Krystal ask while playing with her pen.

 

I nod my head with a pout. “Is she Chinese?”

 

Krystal face me abruptly with slightly open. “How did you know? Wah, you must have great eyes,” she compliments.

 

“I just know, know.”

 

“Ok. She got married to my brother. And yeah, she is Chinese.”

 

“I see. I guess, I was right,” I say.

 

The class atmosphere brighten up. “Class, settle down. My name is Sòng Qiàn. But…” she walk to the middle of the class.

 

“You can call me Victoria.”

 

“Madam Victoria, can I have your number?” another boy ask.

 

I smile as the class starts to get louder again.

 

Victoria approach the boy, happen to sit in front of her. She cross her arms and flash the diamond ring around her finger. “Sorry, I’m married.”

 

The boys sigh while the girls are squeaking, saying about how lucky is her to get married early, wondering about who is the lucky guy and other girls things.

 

“Now class, let’s end it here. Please, take out your textbook. I’ll give you a brief introduction about this subject,” she instruct.

 

I open my textbook to a particular page while Krystal is leaning closer to me and whisper, “She is Baekhyun’s first love. Victoria Song. Baekhyun told you about her?”

 

I spin my head and nod my head, hiding the real feelings. “Yeah, I know.”

 

And my first day, my first class is nothing compared to what I imagined it to be.

 

Does Baekhyun know about this? About her? Is that the reason why he went out last night? But where? Damn it Baekhyun.

 

Call me back. I typed the message and press the send button.

 

 


 

Sorry for the late update u.u Will be having double update  for today. Do anticipate for it :p

It's been a hectic week. I went to Alicia Key's Concert last wed. Been busy with my life and my kpop shop.

I can't wait for EXO comeback on 5th Dec (THIS TIME MUST BE DAMN TRUE)

Anyway guys, thanks for the support!!! (SARANGHAE <333)

Baekhyun is getting manlier from time to time t.t (RUINING MY BIAS LIST)

But my ultimate bias will always be Kyungsoo (SARANGHAE OPPA) OTL

Do check out my very first one-shot:

 
What a random author's note -__-