Button Up

Mute and Loud

Chanyeol is driving in a fast pace, moving ahead all of the cars at the front. My sight is getting blurry, hands still trembling. A hand wraps around me tightly in secure trying to comfort me at any cost.

 

"Yura, what's wrong? You're shaking so badly!" Baekhyun ask with concern.

 

 

Suho shift seat with me when we were at the roadside earlier. Everyone's panic. I don't know why am I feeling this way? The nightmare leaved a huge effect on me.

 

 

Baekhyun rest his chin on top of my head while I am sitting on his lap, looking helpless. I can feel my body temperature is rising while I am shivering in the outside. Every single details, even the smallest one from the nightmare keep on repeating in my mind non-stop. And the most terrifying part is during the impact. The sound of the metals crushing, people shouting for help and glasses shattering. It hit me like a meteor.

 

 

"Say something. Just a simple word," he cried.

 

 

I lift my head to stare into his eyes. I can see he is in pain as much as I am. But my mind just shut off. The nightmare is still playing but the words can't seems to find it way out. I can't thought of any thing. The past is blocking the way and I'm suffocating, wanting to kill myself, wanting to throw up and cut through my heart. It hurts, it hurts a lot even though I'm not bleeding. It hurts because I don't know why it hurts.

 

 

Baekhyun tears streams down his cheek. I feel like my heart is being torn into half. I don't want to see him crying. I don't want to see him in this state. I don't want any of this to even happen. I hate it. I hate it when my past suddenly hunts me down when just a few moments ago I am in a great state.

 

 

On that right moment, the scene where dad's car crashed into someone else car flash in my mind. My eyes widen while biting my lower lips. I cover my face with both of my hands and press my body against Baekhyun's chest. I can hear the voices of the three boys at the back whispering something, feeling worry but not as much as Baekhyun. He hold me tightly, patting my back, trying to calm me down.

 

 

"Its going to be alright. Shh, it will be fine Yuni. You'll be fine," he say with a soft tone.

 

 

I can feel his heart beating fast like my own heart. I open my mouth, inhaling the air. Baekhyun pull apart and stare deep into my eyes. There are mix of feelings swirling inside his eyes.

 

 

Baekhyun... "I'm scare."

 


 
 
We reach the vacation house 15 minutes later. And during that period, I tried to pull myself together. I manage to bring myself to a much calmer state and my mind is not as mess as earlier. Baekhyun's hand is lock around my wrist since the last half an hour. He pull me into the two floors bungalow with a beach situated at the back. It's dark but I can still hear the sound of the wave.
 
 
"Guys, you can sleep uptairs," he say, pointing his finger upwards. The seven of us are gathering at the living room with a big sliding door on the right side facing the beach. 
 
 
Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai, Kyungsoo and Sehun nod their heads and climb the stairs with their luggage in their hands. Suho look at me then turn his head to face Baekhyun. He place his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder and give a slight squeeze. "Take care of her," he say. 
 
 
Suho follow his other fellow friends. When Suho is completely disappear from our sight, Baekhyun jerk my hand into a room next to the sliding door. He push the door, revealing the queen size bed with a balcony next to it and switch on the light. Then, he close the door behind, pulling me closer into a hug. I flinch but eventually, moving my hand to hug him back. 
 
 
"What's wrong? What happened to you?" he ask.
 
 
My lips is sealing tight. I can't find the perfect words to describe the feelings that I'm feeling currently. I'm not even sure the true story behind the nightmare that I had. Baekhyun breath brush my cheek, making me shiver. 
 
 
He pull apart with a small smile on his face. "You need to rest. I'll go search for your towel and your clothes. Wash yourself first," he say. I can feel his sincerity in his voice. I nod my head.
 
 
When he walk pass me towards the door, my hand unconsciously grab his wrist. Baekhyun turn around and raise his brows. I press my lips together, still unaware of what am I suppose and should have say. He approach me and kiss my forehead, whispering, "I will be back. It won't take long. I promise."
 
 
Reluctantly, I let go of his hand and watch the door shut close. I take a deep breath, let it out slowly. I pull off my blue t-shirt and my white pants, leaving it piling on the floor. My eyes roam around the space in the room and stop on a door next to me. Maybe, that's the bathroom. I force my legs to move. And it takes forever for me to reach it. 
 
 
The bathroom is big with a bath tub at the corner and shower on the other seculated area. But, I end up sitting on the floor while leaning on the white tiles. 
 
 
What is happening to me? What is happening to myself? I feel like something is missing. Like an important fact from the past been wiped out completely and replaced with a new set of memories. It bother me a lot. The sound of the door squeaking catch my attention. Then, follow with the knocking sound. 
 
 
"Yuni, are you inside?" that familiar voice ask. 
 
 
Yes. 
 
 
"I leave your clothes at the front of the door. Come out when you're done. I'll be outside, waiting."
 
 
Ok.
 
 
I turn on the shower and let the water flow down my body. And I forgot to turn on the heater, but it seems like I don't need one because it wakes me up, send me back into reality.
 

 
After a few minutes in the shower, I turn off the shower and walk towards the door. I place my hand on the door handle but the fact that I'm and Baekhyun is outside is disturbing.
 
 
Baekhyun, I'm done.
 
 
"Ok, I'll leave the room. You can come out," he say.
 
 
The sound of the door been slam is a green sign for me that it is save for me to leave the bathroom now. I turn the handle and push the door. Then, I see my neatly folded towel with a pair of yellow pajama on the floor. I pick up the towel that is on top of the pajama and found my undergarments laying under it. And it makes me smile.
 
 
After drying myself up and wear the essential inner clothes, I slide my leg into the pants. It's hard. I feel my body just turn numb and all I can think about right now is sleep, hoping to regain back my energy and to never have a nightmare ever again. I the three buttons at the top of the pajama, struggling to wear it. 
 
 
My fingers are shaking when I try to button it up back again. I try and try but everytime when I manage to slip the button into the hole, it just won't go through it. I let out a heavy sigh and grab my pajama on my chest with my hand, feeling frustrated.
 
 
Then, the door is push from the outside. My eyes widen as my pajama is still , revealing my skin quite too much. Baekhyun look at me with a glass of water in his hand. He place it on the small table next to the door. A smile drawn on his face, walking towards me while I'm taking one step to the back. 
 
 
"I promise I won't look," he says. My hands are grabbing more of the fabric to hide my skin from being shown. 
 
 
Baekhyun pull my hand away with his eyes lock on mine. Slowly, he button up my pajama from the bottom untill the very top button. He did't even look down. My heart is beating insanely fast as my cheeks are blushing in embarassment. He don't have to treat me like I'm a little kid. I'm just a little bit lost for a moment.
 
 
When he's done, he place both of his hands on my shoulder, making me freeze in one spot. He cup my face and press his lips onto mine. It's a gently yet a mesmerizing kiss. A very sweet kiss that makes me to feel such ease, makes me to forget about the nightmare and the incident. Then, He pull out, gasping for air.
 
 
"B-b-Baekhyun...."
 
 
I know his reaction won't be the sama like he always does. His eyes are wide with his brows knitted. "Y-you say my name," he statter.
 
 
"I know."
 
 
He grab my shoulder, pulling me closer and say, "You just talk."
 
 
I take a deep breath, "I know that too." 
 
 
 

 

Oh yeah Yuni just spoke. 
I'll be explaining about it in the next chapter :)
Thanks for reading, subscribing, upvoting and supporting guys - xoxo