Officially Together

Mute and Loud

 

"I'm losing you. I'm losing my ability."

 

I gasp, bewildered by his words. I hold his shoulders and push him apart. He looks so helpless, afraid and..... alone. What do you mean?

 

"I don't know...... Can we not talk about it?"

 

No, you need to tell me everything.

 

He sigh, walking down the stairs and sit on the sofa. I trail behind him, still holding tight on the knitted scarf. Baekhyun.... Please.

 

I beg him. I'm desperate and I need to hear the whole truth from him. He better tell me or I'll walk away. Baekhyun is still giving me silence treatment. He hasn't respond yet to my curiosity. I close my eyes, holding in all the ache feelings in me. Then, I turn around, ready to disappear from his sight.

 

"Yuni, what if, we start a new chapter as a normal person. No listening to other thoughts and..... No being mute," he says.

 

I'm lost with words. Is this what it really is? He wants me to seek for my voice back. He knows that I can't. He knows that I'm not willing to do so. I have been acting as a mute person for 5 years. Its ridiculous for me to talk again. I mean, I wanted to do it but its just too late and I should remains as it is, mute.

 

I walk up the stairs, locking myself in my room. The thoughts about how I lose my voice fill my mind. He shouldn't bring that thing up because its a dark memory of mine. And I know, he did't lied about losing his gift and he wants to help me. But, for now, I don't need anyone's help.

 


 

It's morning. I did't know that I fell asleep last night because my mind is so messed up right now. After a quick shower and fully dress myself up, black tracksuit and a pink t-shirt, I walk down the stairs only to find Baekhyun sitting on the sofa at the living room.

 

Without even bother to talk to him, I open the front door. I tied my hair into a ponytail and wear a pair of dark red sport shoes. I did't get a chance to walk around last night. So perhaps, a good jog early in the morning will make it up. Its quite chilly out here. The wind keeps on blowing and the sun is setting up in the sky. I pluck in the earphone into my ear. Music starts to play, melody fills the emptiness as I'm panting, discreetly humming to the rhythm.

 

I don't know where am I heading to but all I know is I'm going to keep on jogging until I can get rid of everything that is trap in my mind. I need to clear it all out. It's a total mess in there, in my brain. The files aren't fully organized and when it comes to conclusion, my mind went blank.

 

Do I really need to talk? Can I actually find my voice again? What if I couldn't do it? What if Baekhyun was right? 

 

These questions are new to me. It caused another burden for me to carry. Maybe, just maybe I should reconsider Baekhyun's opinion. But isn't my own thoughts are my priority?

 

This is madness. Baekhyun is losing his gift and that lead to the end of our friendship or whatever it is there between us. We can't communicate anymore. And it hurts badly to know the consequences directly from him. Baekhyun was the first guy that ever talk to me since the last time I remember. I swear, he is truly something.

 

Besides the headache and heartache that he had caused, I believe that he is somehow the type of guy who is kind and someone you can trust. But, regarding starting a new chapter in life is hard for me to accept.

 

"Hello."

 

I startle. I turn my head to the side, gradually slowing my pace. My eyes are wide. Beakhyun, why're you here?

 

"Ummm, jogging," he says, looking innocent while jogging next to me.

 

Ok....

 

I give him a weird look. "What?" he ask, brows slightly raise.

 

Aaaa, nothing.

 

Both of us jog along the way without making a sound until we reach a park near the lake. I glance over the watch around my wrist. It's 15 minutes pass 7. I just realize that I have been jogging non-stop for almost half an hour. There's still some stamina left inside me.

 

I take a sit on the same bench that I sat on during the night I met Tao two days ago. Baekhyun sit down next to me, panting in the most iest way. I can't deny that I have fall for him because I have fall for him completely.

 

"Yuni, you wanna know something?" he ask, suddenly.

 

What is it? I say in the most bland way, making me sound uninterested.

 

"You did't sound like you wanna know about it."

 

Exactly, I am not. Just tell me. I'll consider about it after you have spill it out.

 

I hear him sighing. "My first impression towards you is mute." My lips parted, forehead creases. What are you trying to say? My inner feelings are written all over my face.

 

"Are you mad? If you dislikes it when someone told you that you're mute, why are you even mute when you're not one?" My lips twitch upwards, listening to such sarcastic words coming from his mouth. I thought that this issue has been resolved and sat aside. But I guess, I'm wrong. Don't act like you know everything. I hate it.

 

I'm piss off, totally. And it even makes me mad when he can say it out loud with that calm expression. Well, I thought he has feelings but seems like its gone, vanish through the thin air.

 

"Somehow, I feel attach to you. There's like an attraction force between us. I could just leave you and don't start a conversation. But, I don't know. Maybe its fate," he blurted follow with a chuckle.

 

I stay still. This interaction between us have lead to an awkward situation which I want to avoid the most. He just criticism me and now, he is telling me that we are attracted towards each other. 

 

"Yuni, I like you. A lot. Yes, a lot," Baekhyun confess.

 

My cheeks are blush hot pink. I can feel the heat radiate in me. My heart starts beating frantically. He always does these things. The surprises that never fail to catch me off guard. We fell into silence for a few minutes. I know that he is waiting for my respond but I can't think of anything. He is confusing me. Do he likes me or hate me?

 

Baekhyun stand up, stretching his hand open. His back is facing me. Then, he takes two steps further. He is leaving. I stare on my sport shoes, feeling guilty. The truth is, I like him too from the very beginning.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo," Baekhyun greet in a cheerful tone. I'm taken back by his act. I lift my head, seeing him standing right in front of me.

 

"I'm Baekhyun. And you're Yuni, the girl I like the most." He place both of his warm hand on both side of my cheeks. My eyes are wide. A mix of confuse and flattering fill my heart. Seconds passed, Baekhyun smile. Just a quick peek on my lips manage to burn my cheeks. He just kissed me. Yes, he just did.

 

"From now on, we're officially dating. And our first date starts now. Lets go!"

 

He jerks my wrist, making me stand on my feet. He is leading the way as I'm still not in my conscious mode. Can someone please explain to me what is happening here?