Another Love Story

Mute and Loud

 

“So, you were married before you married my father?”

 

She chuckle. “It’s complicated,” Tao and her say at the same time.

 

Both of them look at each other as Tao ask, “Omma, how are you?”

 

“I’m totally fine. Both of you shouldn’t worry about me. Oh, and since I’m your mother and as well your mother, technically, the two of you are step siblings. And Tao is a month older than you, Yuni,” she says while pointing her finger to me and then to Tao.

 

I face Tao, sitting next to me with a smile drawn on his face, dark circles under his eyes making him look like a huggable panda. “Oppa?” I murmur.

 

He lean closer to me and pinch my nose, “Yes, I’m your oppa.”

 

“Yuni, I’m so sorry for everything. And I think, I should tell you what really happened back then, during the accident,” she says it suddenly.  

 

“Omma, are you sure? I can do it for your behalf if you couldn’t bear it”

 

“No, Tao. Let omma do it. She deserve to know the truth.”

 

And I’m just there, wondering about a lot of things that they might be talking about. The truth? Accident? Did she mean my father’s accident?

 

“It was my ex-husband that killed your father. He was driving the car and crashed into Nuhyun’s car,” she barely says it.

 

Lee Nuhyun, that is my father’s name. And I don’t know if this is the reality or I could be dreaming about strange things.

 

“I felt so guilty about it and I don’t know if I can live without Nuhyun. He was my first love and he will always be in the future but, this is an unfair world. He doesn’t love me like I love him,” she says as she wipe the tears flow down her red cheeks.

 

Her hairs is tied into a messy bun with a black dress, a pearl necklace rest on her neck. That’s the same necklace that my father gave me. He told me that it was my late mother favorited necklace. And I don’t know how she manage to get those because as far as I remember, that necklace is in a box inside my drawer.

 

I couldn’t take my eyes off it until she touch the pearl. “I stole it from you. That night, when two guys appeared in front of your boyfriend’s house, I hired them to find it for me. It was supposed to be my necklace but your father gave it to your mother. I’m so sorry for taking away your stuff. It is the only thing that reminds me of him.”

 

She unlock the knot of the necklace and lend out her hand to give it to me. I push her hands aside gently. “No, I think you should keep it. It fits you nicely.”

 

“Thank you, dear. Thank you so much.”

 

My lips curve upwards. I still have my yellow hoodie while she could keep that pearl necklace. And nothing feels better than this small family reunion.

 

Her lovely eyes are staring at us. “I’m going to leave for the State tomorrow,” she says out of the blue.

 

“I’ll go with you,” Tao and I say the same line together. We really sound like a family and make me flutter out of excitement. The fact that I actually have someone that I could call a family really bring the most out of me.

 

Our mother stare into her mug fill with coffee and shook her head. “None of you will be following me. You have each other to take care of. Omma want to find her true self back. And I need to do it alone,” her pale lips manage to draw a smile.

 


 

I waved my hand as I watch the taxi cab driving further from me. I hope everything will end up well when she is there. And I wish her all the best.

 

“You don’t hate her?” Tao asks.

 

I spin my head around and face him, looking at me with his mysterious eyes.

 

“Why would I hate her? She is my mom and I love her so much.”

 

“She is your step mother to be exact. And she left you alone for about a year without any news. Plus, her ex-husband killed your father.”

 

I sigh, while walking next to him. “At least she’s back. At least she explain herself. At least, she knows how to say sorry. And I don’t see any reason for me to hate her. She didn’t killed my father, her ex-husband killed him. And to be exact, it was an accident. Anyway, is he your father?”

 

Tao nod his head, hands shoved into his pockets. It’s quite cold out here as the moon is shining brightly up above. I can sense that rains will fall down any sooner because I can’t spot any stars hanging on the dark clouds.

 

“Yes. My parents got married because they were forced to. My father love her so much. As much as our mother love your father. This is so complicated for me to even say it.”

 

Both of us laugh.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re my brother?”

 

“Because you didn’t remember,” he says, make me wonder even more.

 

“What do you mean? I won’t be forgetting about important things like this.”

 

He put his arm around my neck, pulling me closer to him while the other hand is still his in pocket. “During the accident, you were there with your father and I was there with my father. Both of our cars crashed and only your father didn’t made it through.”

 

“I-I-I was there? How? I remember that I was already in the hall, preparing for the talent show,” I say, taking his hand off me.

 

“You kinda had a side effect after the accident. You forgot about the past, and you forgot about me. We used to play along and have fun together when we were kids but to know that I’m the only one who remember it is painful.”

 

“I-I-I didn’t know. I swear,” I statter once more.

 

We walk along the pavements to nowhere, catching up with some good news and talk about the fun time we used to have. And I’m glad to know that I have a brother like him. The most important thing is, I can at least talk to someone if I need to.

 

My phone vibrate. I take out my phone and press on the unread message from an unknown number.

 

Yuni-ah, this is your mother. I took your phone number when you went to the restroom earlier. And, I found out about your first love. Dear, it’s a big world for everyone to live in and finding the perfect someone is not an easy task. In fact, you didn’t found them, they did. Whatever happen, don’t let him go. Because right now, I’m with my ex-husband. He found me and I give him a chance. I love you and if you love someone, let him know. If he isn’t for you, someone else will. Take care of yourself - Omma.

 

I press the lock button on my phone and keep it in my sling bag. I guess she is right. I should tell him what I really feel. And I should do it n--

 

“Baekhyun. Damn it. I forgot about the dinner. Tao, what time is it?”

 

“15 minutes past ten.”

 

I run all the way to front gate of the university after bidding goodbye to my new-found-brother. And once I reach the front gate, he is still there. I smile without knowing it. He is still waiting for me. I slow down, walking in a slower pace while fixing my hair and straight out the creases on my blouse. I bet I look horrible right now.

 

I take a deep breathe and let it out seconds later. When I'm already near him, I figure something out, he isn’t waiting for me. He is waiting for….

 

Victoria.

 


 

Horray for the double update~~~

Thanks for subscribing, comenting, upvoting this fanfics~~~

Please be prepare as it will end soon (40 chapters) ~~~ 

Omg I don't want it to end any sooner t.t

I will be updating the next chapter w a double update as well.

Anyway, take care guys!