The Letter

Mute and Loud

 

I'm still piss off with Baekhyun. He don't have the right to act that way this morning. I walk down the stairs to talk about it with him. Baekhyun is standing with his back leaning against the kitchen counter next to the sink, holding a glass of water. I approach him, pulling the guts together. Baekhyun, we need to talk.

 

"Too late. We don't have anything to talk about. Everything is clear now," he says, smirking while his index finger tapping onto the the glass.

 

No, we really need to talk. What's wrong with you lately? You're changing and I don't even know who you are. Is it true you're just using me? And I'm just a joke to you? I can't hold it in for long. I need him to explain, to be honest. It's either its right or wrong. No matter what he'll say, I accept it. I'm totally ready with all the consequences.

 

Baekhyun laugh sarcastically, hands shoving into his pockets after placing the half empty glass on top of the kitchen counter. "So, you've figure it out," he smirk again.

 

I'm pressing my lips together. The urge to slap him on the face is ragging on. I can't believe he'll do such things to me. I trust you, Baekhyun. How dare you treat me this way?

 

"I'll do whatever I like to do," his tone is rising a bit as he is closing the distance between us. My back hit the marble top of the kitchen island and I have no way to run. Baekhyun place his hands onto the kitchen island, trapping me in between. "I thought you're smart enough to know about this earlier."

 

I hate you! Tears roll down as I'm hitting him on the chest. Baekhyun did't move an inch. He is still standing in front of me with a serious face.

 

He grab both of my wrist and lock it on the kitchen island. Then, he lean closer towards my neck, kissing it while I'm trying hard to push him away. But my energy can't be compare with his since he is a guy.

 

Baekhyun is breathing heavily next to my ear and whisper, "I only want you for this." Baekhyun press his lips with mine hard enough for my lips to swell. I turn my head side to side to avoid his kiss but he keeps on following my motion and still attaching our lips. He push his tongue into my mouth, forcing me to stay still.

 

Stop it Baekhyun. STOP IT!!!!

 

He isn't listening to me crying for his mercy. Seconds later, he pull out, looking at me in his darkest eyes. I wipe my lips with the back of my hand while glaring at him.

 

I march towards him and slap him on the face. You stupid piece of . I swear that you're the worst guy that I ever met.

 

Baekhyun's head turn sideway, hand rubbing his cheek, the blood from the small cut at the corner of his lips. He face me, a smirk plaster on his face as if it looks like it truly suit him.

 

"You're one tough girl, Yuni," he says, extending his hand to touch me. But before he manage to do so, I smack his hand away.

 

What is the matter with you? I wish that I never met you at the first place.

 

"There's nothing wrong with me. This is the real me, the real Baekhyun. Guess you're just unlucky to meet me sweetheart."

 

My chest is rising unstably. I want to grab a knife and kill him on the spot but the more I think about it, it will be a waste of time to keep on talking to him. Baekhyun walk towards the kitchen counter and grab the glass, drinking it until the last drop.

 

I turn around to walk away from the kitchen. Then I hear the sound of the glass shattering. My eyes got widen, seeing Baekhyun on the ground, kneeling while his hands holding his head. He seems like he is in pain as his forehead creases a hundred of time. I bend down to check him out but I stop, startle when Baekhyun suddenly shouting his lung out.

 

Oh my god. Are you ok? I touch his shoulders, panicking and shaking it a few times. Baekhyun did't respond. He is still on the floor with his eyes shut close, trying to endure anything that he is facing which I really don't know.

 

He stands up, hands on the counter to balance himself. Baekhyun shake his head.

 

"Wa......ter."

 

I grab a new glass from the cabinet and fill it with water. When I turn around, Baekhyun figure isn't near the kitchen. I run to the front, watching him walking out of the house while holding his helmet. Baekhyun, where are you going?

 

He act like he did't hear me. The sound of his motorcycle speeding disappear. I'm not sure what to do now. Is he going to be alright? Its not ok for him to ride his bike when he is not in the right state. 

 


 

After texting Baekbeom, informing him about Baekhyun, I sit on my bed, facing the window. Baekhyun is confusing me a lot. The sudden change of behavior, the scene he put up in the kitchen. At first, he said that he is using me then he was on the floor, shouting in pain. I can't really relate any of these fragments into a picture. Everything is just so random.

 

I have to do something, at least. I want to get out of the house and search for him but its night. I can't risk my life again and perhaps any nice guy won't be there to save me. But somehow, a piece of me, telling me to just look out for him. If I'm in danger, he'll be there and save me. Maybe, I trust him too much that I'm willing to bet my own life on it.

 

I walk out of my room, heading to Baekhyun's room. I hesitate either to follow my instinct or put it on hold. 

 

Just go for it, Yuni.

 

The door of Baekhyun's room fly open, showing the neat looking room with the tidy bed. My finger press on the light switch and the whole room enlighten by the light. I need to find any informations about him and the best place to start is his room. I walk in, don't know where to begin with. After a few seconds of arguing with myself, I head to his closet. 

 

Each of the drawers have been open. But nothing can be found except for his clothes which are following the latest trend. I look into his study table. Books, laptop, study lamp and some random sticky notes on the board hanging on the wall at the front of his study table. My eyes norrowing towards the notes on the board.

 

Final exam~~~~ -_- I hate it. 

 

Must call omma every weekend!

 

Na eureureong~ eureureong~ eureureong dae ('o')

 

He has quite a good handwriting. My eyes land on the last one. But it seems to be written by a different person as the writing style is not the same. And the sticky note was also been crumpled and the yellow colour seems to be fading and old compare to the others. 

Let me love you and loved by you,

Like the shining moon and stars,

Can never be apart, 

I love you, Baekhyun.

 

-VS

 

I gasp, knowing the fact that Baekhyun actually love someone. I mean, the girl who wrote this must have been someone to him. It must be because he wouldn't have stick it on the board if it isn't. My hands are shaking, standing there, not knowing what should I do next. Walk out of the room or dig deeper?

 

I have no choice but to proceed with my plan. The initial VS keeps on playing in my mind. Who could it be? It seems like it doesn't related to Yuri because her inital doesn't suit. Kwon Yuri should have been KY. But this is VS. I reach for the bed side table and pull the only drawer there.

 

The sight of some michievous stuff is dissapointing. I'm hoping for some pictures of VS. I sit on the edge of the bed, hands touching my chest, feeling the beating heart. I don't know why but it hurts a lot. It become harder for me to breathe normally as my eyes getting blurry, cover with the tears that are about to escape.

 

I promised myself to be strong and I shall keep that promise. I can't lose hope.... I can't lost hope now. 

 

I stand up, rubbing my chest to settle down a bit. On my way to the door, to get out of this room, I see a piece of paper, been fold laying under the pillow. Only half of it is sticking out. I grab the folded A4 paper and open it.

 

Before I read the first line of the letter, I close my eyes, embracing myself to pull in the courage. Seconds later, my eyes are fully open and start moving left to right, reading the three paragraph letter.

 

Baekhyun-yah,

 

How're you? Its been a while since the last time we met. About a year ago. You must study well because you promised me too! Let's just skip this whole intro. I know what you want and I know what you've been doing. Stop looking for me, Baekie. I'm fine without you and you should too. We're not meant to be together. My dad is totally against our relationship.

I've told you for a thousands of time that sometimes love is just not enough. It need approval and support from everyone. Can we actually be happy when other people's heart are breaking? 

I know I'm selfish for thinking about my ownself. But, I have no choice. I love you truly. I'm getting marry next month. He's a good man and I hope you have find your replacement. Just be happy, not for me but for yourself. 

 

-VS

 

I fold back the paper, putting it under the pillow and close the door behind me. My hand is still on the room handle as my forehead resting on the door. My lips is trembling, back the tears but end up losing. It is the second time I cried over Baekhyun and I hate it. I hate crying over someone that doesn't even care about me. 

 

I hate my first love.

 


 

Omg, this is heartbreaking. Yeah, you guys should have guess who VS is.

It's obvious, right? Well I suppose it should be. Hahaha.

Will be updating the next chapter tommorrow. I already done typing it.

But haven't reread it. Sorry for the bad eng since I'm malaysian.

And I think I'm having a fever....... T_T 

Annyeong~~~~