Trip: Part 1

Mute and Loud

Today is the day. I'm so nervous to know that the final result will be out in any seconds by now. I left home alone earlier because Baekhyun was being stubborn. He insisted to stay home and believed me, I did struggled a lot to persuade him but he ended up pulling the blanket up to his head.

 

 

The school hallways starts to fill up with others student too. I’m standing near the entrance with my head hanging low. I don't have anyone to talk to, no friends that can comfort me and it starts to bother me when I feel this way. I used to love silence so much.

 

 

So, under what purpose changed me?

 

 

Everything that happen now will determine my future. I hope that I could get excellent grades to qualify for full scholarship program. I realized that I have no one but only Baekhyun. And I can't afford to burden him even more.

 

 

Unconsciously, I heave a sigh. The sound of the foot steps are getting louder and makes my heart beating more faster. I take a deep breathe while my eyes shut close, letting it out in the count of three. My eyes are still close. I couldn't find the courage that I need right now. Everything just fly out of me, leave me with nothing but curiosity.

 

 

Then, I give up. I let my eyes open unwillingly until two black sneakers are in my sight. It look a little bit worn out but it makes it even look better. Those pair of shoes are in front of me. I lift my head up to the dark blue pants, waist, white uniform and stop when I see the owner of those shoes. Frankly, I was hoping for someone new but to see Baekhyun presence is enough to make me smile.

 

 

"No wonder you love me so much. You're smiling from ear to ear when you see me," he says making my cheeks blush.

 

 

I stick my tongue out playfully but he take advantage of my action. Baekhyun seal my lips with his. Pressing it smoothly into a sweet kiss. I place my hand on his chest, trying to push him away because we are in a public place and worst, it is a school. Baekhyun don't even give it a second thought. He is still kissing me, making my heart race. And my hand crawl from his chest up to his neck. That kiss grow from something sweet to something more meaningful and it's the longest kiss that we ever had.

 

 

He pull out, staring deeply into my eyes. I can feel that the people around here are looking at us and words of the so-call-of wisdom starts to spread.

 

 

"I've been wanting to kiss you since the last time we kissed," he whisper follow with a grin.

 

 

I bite my lower lips, looking away from his eyes. Don't expect me to stay in that position with his hand around my waist while his thumb is caressing the corner of my lips. I can't hold in these feels in me for long. It need to be set free.

 

 

And I don't know how but we stay the way it is until the loud voices from the crowd interrupt our daydream.

 

 

We make our way to the notice board near the office. The long list is pinned on it with a thumbtack. The nearer we get, the harder it gets for me to breathe. It is the moment of truth, the moment that I have been waiting for. My heart is racing in the inside as my hands are shaking.

 

 

On the other side, Baekhyun seems so calm. His eyes tell it all. The way his hand shove into his pocket, the way his hairs fall perfectly without an extra care and the way he smile. I just don't understand him. He look like he doesn't care about it. He knows almost everything about me while I know just a little about him. And its kind of.... Sad and unfair.

 

 

The students are hovering over the notice board to take a closer look. Baekhyun and I stand at the corner waiting for the crowd to dismiss. It has always been this way. I never had myself squeeze through the people. Lets just wait until it starts to calm down a bit.

 

 

A warm hand touch my shoulder from the back and it give a different vibe than usual. I turn around, almost stumble because I spin too fast. I'm greeted with a smile draw on his face. The same old long legs, tan skin and dark circle under his eyes.

 

 

"Why're you here and not there?" he ask while pointing his index finger towards the crowd.

 

 

I tilt my head to the side and shake my head. I believe he understands what I mean. Tao nod his head and flash another smile. Its awkward because we can't really have any kind of conversation.

 

 

My eyes are searching for Baekhyun all over the place. He was just there, standing beside me and now he is gone, evaporate into the thin air. I focus back to Tao who is still looking at me. I feel uncomfortable when I realize that he hasn't look away from the very beginning.

 

 

"Yuni, I wish I could hear your voice again. You have a beautiful voice when you sing."

 

 

My lips parted as my eyes grow wider. What does he mean by that? He saw me before? He heard my voice before? As far as I remember, I haven't met him. The last time I sang was like 5 years ago and I would remember almost everything back then.

 

 

"Hey, you look so shock. I just--"

 

 

"Yah, why're you talking to her? Yuni, are you ok?" Baekhyun said with a concern tone while pushing Tao away. He hold my wrist and stand in front of me, protecting me as if I am in some kind of danger.

 

 

I guess Baekhyun and I share something in common, jealousy or perhaps it is a common thing to happen in a relationship.

 

 

But I can't get a grip of the situation quite well. I'm still dazed and confused.

 

 

Tao rub the back of his neck while the other hand is in his pocket. He apologize to Baekhyun and look at me, smiling and say, "I guess we have to talk later. See you around." Tao head towards the notice board which is not so crowded anymore. He scan his eyes on the list and stop when he found what he is searching for.

 

 

I can't see if he is happy or feeling down at the moment because in few seconds, he's gone. I found Tao is a mysterious person with lots of hidden secrets. And I can't recall my memories back in the days about Tao. Just who is this guy?

 

 

"I hate him."

 

 

I turn my head to face Baekhyun who is standing behind me while rolling his eyes. I end up grinning. He sure has that kind of ego and jealousy. I walk to the notice board leaving him behind. My index finger run down the list and it only takes few seconds for me to find my name.

 

 

4. Lee Yuni

 

 

And I can't stop smilling and forget about Tao's confession earlier. Unconsciously I throw myself into Baekhyun arms. He is taken back by my act but manage to tighten his hands around my waist.

 

 

"I'm happy for you," he says. I can feel the sincerity in his voice.

 

 

I lean my head to the back and look at him. What about you?

 

 

He turn me around, standing behind me with his hands on my shoulder. I start to search for his name from the bottom. Its not like I'm underestimating his ability but I did't found him study even for a short moment during the exam week.

 

 

"Oh, I'm better than you." his finger is pointing on the top of the list.

 

 

My eyes travel towards his finger direction and found his name typed just above my name. My jaw drop. Is he some kind of a genius? Ok wait. I think I get it now. Does he used his gift during exam? That could count as cheating! I spin around and face him. He is still scanning through the long list.

 

 

Baekhyun, do you---

 

 

"Don't you trust me? I am not a cheater," he whine follows with a pout. He look like a cute puppy. I swear.

 

 

"Yuni, how about we go for a trip?"

 

 

Just the two of us?

 

 

"Well, we can make it happen if you want it that way." I can sense evil vibe coming from him.

 

 

No...

 

 

"Yuni, I'm joking," he pinch my cheeks making it turn red as tomato.

 

 

He pull my wrist and lead the way out of the school compound. "We're going on a fun trip with my buddies. You will love the 5 of them!"

 

 

Five? Five boys? Or five girls? Maybe... It is five boys.