Listen

Mute and Loud

 

“Chanyeol! Yah! Stop right there! I’m going to kill you!” Suho yell on top of his lung.

 

Chanyeol stick out his tongue while he is standing several metres away from Suho. When Suho run towards him, Chanyeol laugh and hide behind Baekhyun which he happens to be there.

 

“Baekhyun, move! I need to teach this guy a lesson!” Suho demands.

 

Baekhyun let out a small laugh and moves aside as Suho wanted him to. Chanyeol is way taller than Baekhyun, hiding behind the small figure is not a very clever choice after all. Then, Suho push the big guy from the back. Chanyeol ends up being in the swimming pool. The huge splash of water splatter, hitting some of us that is sitting leisurely next to the swimming pool.

 

I laugh loud enough, making everyone else to look at me in silence. I press my lips together, eyes looking around for Baekhyun’s presence. Baekhyun?

 

“I’m here,” the familiar voice says behind my back while his hands place on my shoulders. I turn around to find him smiling widely with his eyes staring into mine. He pull the chair next to me, around the round table and settle down. My lips curve upwards, blushing eagerly without knowing why. Yuni, he is just sitting next to you. Not hugging you or something.

 

“You want me to hug you?”

 

My eyes widen, I shook my head right away. And my cheeks are blushing even more worst. I look away, found Jongin and Kyungsoo sitting at the edge of the swimming pool with both legs immerse in the water. They are smiling and talking to each other. They seem happy to me.

 

Suho is still chasing Chanyeol. I found them being so funny and easy to get along with. But Sehun is a different case. Both of us can’t seems to connect. Sehun doesn’t look like he wants me to follow their trip and perhaps, does my presence annoys him somehow? And I haven’t saw him since early this morning. Baekhyun told me that he went for a walk. But he can’t be walking for the past 3 hours. That sounds more like avoiding me.

 

“Hey, you look pale,” Baekhyun voice out, placing his palm on my forehead to check on my body temperature.

 

I push his hand gently, “Since when I have a fever? I’m fine, Baek.”

 

“You don’t seem fine to me. If you want to tell me… I mean…. If you--”

 

“I will. Remember that night, when I told you about my nightmares? It just, I realized that I can rely on someone, that I’m not alone in this big world. And I have… you,” I whisper the last part.

 

I lower my head, staring blankly on the tiles. Baekhyun scot closer and lift my chin. “Hey, I’m always here. I will always be here.”

 

“I know. But I’m not so sure about myself. Everything is so mess up. The bad dreams, the fragments, then suddenly, Tao.”

 

“Tao? What do you mean?” Baekhyun furrows.

 

I gasp. “I met him at the flea market yesterday. He was talking about strange things. Baekhyun, I think he knows something about the accident. He knows me.”

 

“You must be imagining things Yuni. You were shouting and I didn’t saw Tao anywhere near you that morning,” he says while holding my arms.

 

“Are you telling me that I was out of my mind?”

 

“No, listen. I didn’t mean it in that way. Yuni, do me a favor. Let’s forget about this and enjoy our holiday. We come here to have fun,” he says.

 

A small smile drawn on my face. I stand up, feeling guilty. “I’m sorry. But I can’t be having fun with burden rested on my shoulder.”

 

Baekhyun is speechless. I sigh and leave him, sitting alone by the table. I head into the house and exit through the front door. The only thing I can think of right now is taking a walk to clear up my mind. I just need someone to listen to me. I need a good listener. I do know Baekhyun will listen to everything that I wanted to say but he doesn’t seems like he can understands me.

 

Every single time when I mentioned the name, Tao, he just freaked out. If he can’t do it, then who will?

 

“Yuni?”

 

I stop and spin around. Sehun is standing with his both hands stuff in his pockets. His blonde hair is push to the back with black color sideburn, thin red lips and tall figure. He is a year younger than me. I flash an awkward smile as he approach me slowly. When he finally stands in front of me, I gulp. This awkward atmosphere is giving me goosebumps.

 

Sehun touches the corner of his lips with his thumbs and ask, “Why are you here alone?”

 

 


 

 

“Oh. So you and Baekhyun are having a love fight?”

 

“NO! We are not! Definitely…. no, maybe?” I deny.

 

Sehun chuckle. I stands straight and hold the steel panel. Both of us are sight seeing around the neighbourhood. We happened to find a lake at the far end of the road, decides to stay there for a while. I guess I was wrong about Sehun. He is quite nice and friendly plus manly. Girls could fall for him from head to toe easily.

 

We spend the last 30 minutes talking about ourselves, exchanging stories, jokes around and laugh at our own funny incident. Even though he is younger than me, but he acts mature, even mature than Baekhyun does. To me, he look like a man rather than a small boy. And, surprisingly, he is also a good listener.

 

“If it’s ok to ask, what happened to you at the flea market yesterday?” Sehun ask boldly.

 

“I just met this guy. He talked about my personal life which I never did told anyone before. And the weird thing is, it feels like I know him,” I sigh. “Maybe Baekhyun was right, I’m imagining things.” Sehun wrap his one arm around my shoulder and pat my arm. I freeze, taken back by the sudden action. And somehow, his small act is comforting.

 

“Hyung is a nice person. He becomes overprotective when it is about someone that he loves and cares about. You should compliment him for that,” Sehun advises.

 

I smile, not because of the pleasant words about Baekhyun but because of the fact that this junior standing next to me sounded like a grown up man.

 

“I think we should go home. The others must be worry about our whereabouts,” he suggest.

 

I nod my head and both of us walk side by side heading back to Baekhyun’s vacation house. I feel quite relieve after talking to Sehun and it feels like a piece of burden is being lifted from me. How I wish Baekhyun could listen like Sehun does.

 

And now I regret for comparing Baekhyun with Sehun.

 

Can’t you just listen to me Baekhyun?

 


 

Idk y but I imagined Sehun being sooooo charming when I wrote this chapter.

gosh. his new hair and look is killing me!!!!