Awkwardness II

Mute and Loud

 

It started with a kiss and then, a more meaning kiss on my neck. I just couldn't think straight these few days. The relationship, if there is, between Baekhyun and I are unclear. After that incident, we becoming more awkward than ever. I should just confess, forget none of those had happened and start a new chapter. But why it is so hard to say those words.

 

I stare at the pot, bubbles rising from it, pulling myself back to reality right away. The bubbles go over the pot, end up spreading on the stove. I grab the pot and wince towards the heat. I accidentally drop the pot onto the floor, producing a loud thud, causing a big mess. The hot water splashed on my left feet as I did managed to take cover but not enough to save both of my legs.

 

The sound of foot steps running down the stairs catch my attention. I bend down, trying to grab the pot but once again, drop it again, another loud thud startle me.

 

"Don't touch it. Why are you so stupid? It's obvious that the pot is hot but why did you keep on touching it," Baekhyun complain, holding a hand towel as a protection and pick up the pot. He place the pot on top of the kitchen counter.

 

I'm watching him without saying a word. Then, a crease appear across my forehead. The burning on my feet is painful. "Are you ok?" he ask.

 

I nod my head several times but end up sitting on the floor, fighting with myself towards the pain. Baekhyun approach me and pick me like a bridal style. I give in this time. The burning part on my feet need to be treated fast. He let me sit on the couch at the living room and walk back into the kitchen. A minute later, he come back with a safety kit in his grasp.

 

The keenness he shows in treating my wound make me to admire him even more. I watch every move he took, every breathe he inhaled and every time he bit his lower lips, trying hard to ensure it did't hurt me when he is putting on the iodine on the burning mark section.

 

I am sitting sideways while holding my knees, facing Baekhyun who is sitting in front of me. Each day, I found myself falling for him even more. His charms gradually reveal itself making me to attract to him. I am so sure that falling for him isn't a mistake because I can't tell my heart what to fell.

 

"Done. You should rest. Don't move and just sleep on the couch. I'll grab your pillow and your blanket," he says, packing the safety kit as I am stretching my legs out.

 

How thoughtful of him to say those words. I need to tell him how I feel. Not tomorrow or tonight but now. Like, right now. He stand up, letting the safety kit stay on the coffee table. I believe he is going to climb the stairs to get hold of what he just mentioned.

 

I pull his hand as he is looking at me with his brows raise. Baekhyun sit back on the couch. "What?" a single word. Just a single word to make my heart flutter. I am still holding his hand, not willing to let it go yet. Even though I don't know what is happening and what am I suppose to say or how am I suppose to say it, i just want him near me.

 

Now, it is my turn to ack brave. Without my conscious, I lean closer, hugging my legs even tighter. The eye contact we are making is lasting longer than ever. My mind is empty. It become empty during crucial moments like this. It should have been fill with words to explain myself but I'm just unlucky that it is taking a day off today. 

 

Baekhyun turn impatient. I can see it in his eyes. He grab both of my arms, stopping me from leaning even nearer. Instead, he is the one taking control. Baekhyun catch me off guard. The look in his eyes are different. It is something more than love or some normal high school student's confession. 

 

My back is leaning againts the couch. I stop moving as I am sitting normally, facing the television while Baekhyun is sitting in front of me with one hand pin on the couch, trapping me while the other resting on my lap. Is this how karma truly work? Keep on forcing this kind of accident to happen to make me say those words.

 

Baekhyun is breathing heavily as he is moving closer. I hate it when he did that. He never fail to make my heart jumping crazily.

 

"Now tell me. What do you want me to do? Ignore you like you did to me? Or start a new story?" he ask.

 

There is a pause, as I am finding the right words to mutter. But all I manage to come out of is, kiss me.

 

And he did what I told him to. Baekhyun is moving even more closer and touch his lips with mine, just a few seconds of kiss, seeking for an asnwer if we really want the same thing. Obviously, I do because I ask him to and I believe he do feel the same way.

 

Then we continue on kissing. Not even bother about the surrounding. It feels like the time has stop just for us. Baekhyun cup my head to get more closer as if the closeness before isn't enough when it was more than enough. We move a lot, in synchronization during that moment.

 

The last thing I remember, being completely laying under him. It is like deja vu all over again, just like our first kiss. This time it's different because this time it isn't a mistake like the first one. This time it's for real. I can feel it.

 

We are kissing passionately, tilting our head to the opposite side to get a comfortable spot to please each of our satisfaction. I hug him by his neck as well pulling him closer. I don't know whether this will lead to the second stage but all I know is, I feel good about it and I'm not going to regret if we did move to the next level.

 

I can feel butterflies in my stomach untill an unfamiliar voice interrupt us, "Opps, sorry to disturbs you guys." 

 

Baekhyun is so shock that he drag me to fall onto the floor with him. We change position, I am on top of him while he is under me. His eyes is staring at a male figure standing behind the couch. I can feel his annoyance towards that person.

 

"Hyungg!!! Can you not jump in like that?" Baekhyun half shouting.

 

Hyung? He have a big brother which I don't even know. And the best part is he just watch us about to make out. Why is it everything turn upside down whenever it comes to Baekhyun? My cheeks are red, feeling embarrass towards the unfortunate incident.

 

I can hear his older brother laughing. I am just staring at Baekhyun in disbelief when he is looking at his brother. Then, he pull me closer, kiss me on the lips briefly before standing up. It was moving too fast. I stand on my feet, trying to get hold of myself while Baekhyun is approaching his brother in the kitchen. I just freeze like a stupid person unaware of the current situation.

 

I take my chances to rest while sitting on the couch back again. My ears catch Baekhyun and his brother conversation.

 

"You always mess things up and why are you even home when you actually hate it?" Baekhyun say.

 

"Shut up. You should do it in your room if you are really looking forward to have privacy," his brother responds, emphasizing the last word.

 

Am I just being delusional or my ears are being too sharp. I can hear Baekhyun sighing. "Why are you here?" he ask again, totally acting patience towards his brother.

 

"Mom and dad is coming home tonight, for dinner. You do the cooking while I am going to head upstairs to wash myself."

 

What???? Please tell me this is not happening. I stand straight facing the kitchen, totally forgetting that I had an injury on my feet. Out of hundreds of days, why it have to be today? I am not ready to meet up with his parents. Maybe I'll just get out of this house to somewhere else while his parents are here until they leave. That's sound like a good plan to me.

 

Baekhyun and I just clear up the misunderstanding between us. His brother sudden appearance is already too much for me to handle. Now, it is his parents turn. My word, I start to question myself if I am choosing the right guy.

 

His brother is walkng towards me with a smile. Baekhyun does look alike him a little. He is as about the same height as Baekhyun and his hair is pure black, just like mine.

 

"And you must be my little brother's girlfriend. Nice meeting you. I hope he is treating you well. And sorry for causing such havoc just now. You'll get your chance sooner or later," he grin and I shook my head.

 

"You're not his girlfriend? Well you'll be one. Baekhyun isn't the type of guy to bring girls home. You must have been a special person towards him." With that, he left, walking up the stairs.

 

I look at Baekhyun while Baekhyun is looking at me. Both of us are confuse.

 

"One more thing, please behave when I'm around. You guys are still in high school," his brother say, making my jaw to drop. He totally get the wrong idea. Oh my god, I did't expecting this to happen.

 

I caressing my hair, end with shooting glares at Baekhyun. He is pull back with the sudden laser beaming at him. And his mouth says 'what' without releasing any voice with his shoulder shrugging.

 

While Baekhyun is feeling annoyed towards his older brother, I am feeling annoyed towards him. I roll my eyes. You're unbelievable.

 


 

omg what a spoiler Baekhyun's brother is. hahahahaha.

double update for today :) and i know i've been dragging the kiss scene in 3 chapters.

Most of you are like expecting xD 

well the next chapter will be starting to talk about Baekhyun's past.