Arduous

Mute and Loud

 

The water keep on flowing while I am lost in my own thoughts. Baekhyun's words from last night echo in my mind. Am I just a toy for him? It hurts even more to know that he is just fooling around me. That kiss was just a joke to him while to me, it is something to be remember, to be treasure.

 

I bet he had kissed hundreds of different girls before me. Maybe, behind me, he has someone else. Now, I have seen his true colors. It disgust me somehow.

 

"Hey, where have you been yesterday?" Baekhyun ask, hugging my waist from behind while resting his chin on my shoulder.

 

I am washing the last plates, a smirk appear on my face, seeking for the truth.

 

He doesn't seems like he heard my respond. Baekhyun bury his head deeper down my neck. I bite my lower lips, holding the flutter feelings inside me. He is just playing with me, he is just playing with me, that keep on repeating over and over again. I need to get hold of myself, not to fall for his games. 

 

"You smell good," he says, planting a hot kiss at my soft spot. I push him by my elbow gently, placing the last plate in the cabinet. I close the water tap and face him.

 

I have to go now. Breakfast on the table. Don't forget to close the door before leaving. I put up an expressionless face, keeping it cool, making his misery for the sudden treatmenat I'm giving him. I bet he did't know that I found out about it. Well, hopefully this thoughts wont' slip away for him to read it. 

 

I walk away from him, grabbing my backpack on the kitchen island and put it on. Baekhyun approach me, crossing his arms and look at me intensely. "You're acting weird, Yuni. Are you ok?" he ask.

 

I turn my back, another smirk appear. I'm ok. See you at school.

 


 

The bell ring, time for lunch. Everyone is heading to the cafeteria while I am heading to the library. The final exam is just around the corner and I need to really nail it to earn the scholarship. Last night, I already drew my life journey after graduating high school and onwards in my mind. I thought that I might need to get out of Baekhyun's place. It seems to be a hell for me since last night.

 

So, I really need money to at least rent a small apartment. That means, I need to find a part time job. This is frustrating. If only mom did't left me, none of this will happen. I will not end up staying with Baekhyun and I don't even have to think about him every seconds of the day.

 

I hate him for using me. I hate him for not being honest. I hate him for making me love him. I just hate him because I love him. Come on Yuni. Don't be stupid shall we. You're just a douchebag that he could hit on.

 

Am I being selfish, dreaming that he'll be mine? I just need to fill the emptiness inside my heart. I have no one else except him. He is there when mom abandon me, he is there when I cried over my past, he understands me, he is the one who provide me shelter and protection. But why does he have to torture me? He shouldn't approach me at the first place if he thought about joking around me.

 

Let's stop being dramatic and pretends that I'm strong enough to face this. He wants this. No, he ask for this and I will give him what he wants.

 

I sigh, pushing the door to the library. There is not so many people in here and I'm glad. I walk ahead to the further table at the very corner to have my own privacy.

 

I place my books on the table, producing a thud, but thankfully no one hear it since I'm the only one seating at this area. I rest both of my hands on the table, supporting my body. I look down on my books on the table, holding back the tears.

 

You can get through this. You can do it.

 

I stand straight, to find that someone standing at the opposite side of the table. He looks familiar, very familiar indeed. My forehead furrows.

 

"Hye, Yuni right?" he ask in his seductive stares. I nod my head, looking at him pulling the chair before sitting on it.

 

I grab my pen and my notebook. I open my notebook to random pages and briefly writing something on it. I tore the particular page, hand it to him.

 

The piece of paper change hand. He read the one line sentence on the paper, raising his brows and a small smile appear in his face. The dark circle under his eyes are strangely attractive. He seems the quiet type of boy and I never seen him around school before. Based on his impression, he doesn't look like a new student here as well. 

 

He lift his face, looking at me and says, "I thought you've already forgot about me." I shook my head right away, snatching the paper from his hand.

 

I sit on the chair, writing another sentence and give it to him. He read it and flash a brighter smile.

 

"You should thank to fate. It just happened that I walked by that street."

 

I already learn my lesson that night. He did't have to repeat it. Tao open his book and read it without even bother to continue the conversation. I like the silence he's giving me. We are studying in a quiet atmosphere, focus on oneself. But, I'm really thankful that he saves me. If it wasn't for him, I may got hurt and and I won't get to discover Baekhyun real self.

 


 

It has been really tiring for me. The tons of works, studies, homeworks and other school's stuffs. I should just bear it for a while. I will be graduating soon and a temporary tension won't be a pain. This is it, the final exam is today and I will do it to the fullest. I already put my effort on the studying, all that left is to pray and hope the difficulties I faced will be pay off.

 

The school hallway is quite empty. A few students hanging around, girls fangirling over the hallyu stars, nerd ones talking about nerd things, obviously and Baekhyun talking to...... Yuri?

 

I gasp, knowing that I just say her name in my mind. Baekhyun turn his face towards me as I take a step backwards. Then, he is walking, approaching me. I look around me to find a place to hide but unfrotunately, I'm just too unlucky that day. 

 

"Hey," just a word, to melt my heart. I fake a smile. We haven't talk for a while. Every time when I reach home from school, I will always locked myself in my room, studying. It was just the only thing I could do to distract myself from thinking about him. He always found a way to talk to me but he never did.

 

"Yuni, why do I feel like you're pushing me away? Have I did something wrong? Tell me. I'll make it up for it."

 

No. Look, I need to go now. Exam will start soon. Let's talk about it later.

 

"I want to talk about it now. We have like half an hour before it start. What's wrong Yuni?" he insisting.

 

I roll my eyes, trying to walk away but her grab my arm and squeeze it hard. Let me go Baekhyun. You're hurting me.

 

"I won't let it go until you tell me what's wrong."

 

He starts to scare me. The sudden rough physical contact and his voice tone just now was harsh. It seems like I did't know him. His change of attitude disturb me and kill me slowly in the inside. I start to wonder if this is who he really is. Baekhyun squeeze my hand even harder as I flinch when it get more painful. I'm still in silence because I can really say anything in my mind when it is possess with stimuli towards the physical contact. 

 

My eyes stare at the other hand, a bit darker skin tone than Baekhyun's, holding on Baekhyun's wrist as the owner of the other hand says, "Let her go. Can't you see that you're hurting her." 

 

I look up, it's Tao. He seems calm and anger at the same time. The mix of feelings cause me to fell insecure. Baekhyun is furious. He let go of my hand, looking at Tao with his two fist.

 

"Who're you? You don't have the right to interrupt my bussiness," Baekhyun raise his voice a little, grabbing some of the students around attention.

 

"It will be my bussiness when it comes to her," Tao provoke, still in a calm tone.

 

When Baekhyun swing his hand to punch Tao, I panic. This isn't suppose to happen. Tao don't deserve to be punch when he was the one saving me. Now, it's my turn to return the favor. 

 

I stand in between both of them. Baekhyun stop, his fist is right in front of my eyes. "Why're you defending him? Do you know him?" he ask.

 

Stop it Baekhyun. You're being childish. I pull Tao's hand away from Baekhyun. Truly, I feel dissapointed towards Baekhyun's behaviours. What happens to the old him? To the Baekhyun that I know. I sigh, still holding onto Tao's wrist. When Baekhyun's figure is out from my sight, I stop, facing Tao.

 

I say, I'm sorry without a single voice to be heard. He shook his head, smiling. I still don't get it how he could still manage to smile in a tense situation like this. He is a victim and I'm pretty sure he is aware of it.

 

Tao pat my head, saying, "Don't worry about me. You need to worry about yourself."

 

And that was the sweetest thing I ever heard.