Silence

Mute and Loud

 

I hear someone is calling me, telling me to open my eyes. Well, I thought that I'm already awake because the warm hands wrap around my body is alive, as if I'm somewhere near heaven. But then, it's gone, the soothing feeling running in my system. I move my hand, reflect towards the uneasiness. It's empty, the space next to me. My hand can only feel the soft, comfy bed.

 

Baekhyun? I open my eyes, slowly, get hold of the situation. It's dark here. The thick dark brown curtain is blocking the sunlight for entering the room. And I start to wonder did I slept for real last night? 

 

I sit straight while rubbing my eyes. It's still blurry as I stretch my arms open. I glance to the side, the empty space on the bed. I thought a patient should stay in the bed but I guess Baekhyun is taking a break for a moment.  I'm not quite sure what realy happened last night but the memories of Baekhyun telling his stories are still lingering in my mind.

 

His first love, Victoria Song. It surprised me even more when I heard that his first love was his homeroom teacher. Maybe, just maybe, my assumption about Baekhyun being guy with the sweet words is true. No wonder, a teacher, perhaps a gorgous one fell for his tactics. But I'm sure that Baekhyun really love her back then. I don't know how but I can just feel it that he still love her now.

 

I turn around, sitting at the side of the bed with my legs hanging. There's a piece of paper laying on the table next to the bed. I move the vase on top of the paper and grab on it. 

 

Morning sweetheart,

      Thank god you're finally awake. You look like a teddy bear when you're

asleep. Meet me at the garden ok?

 

                                                                                                           -Baekhyun

 

A smile drawn on my face. I feel like our story just begin. 

 


 

The garden out here is so beautiful. Green can be found everywhere and the landscape is well-planned. A few patients are also here, sitting on the benches or walking around, feeling the fresh air. My eyes went to the left and right, looking for a certain figure, Baekhyun but he can't be found anywhere.

 

I walk ahead, to nowhere. I smile to a patient, in his mid-30 sitting next to his wife on the bench. They look like a lovely couple. Anyway, I wonder why I did't got kick out yesterday because I may have exceeded the visiting hours.

 

Just in time, I heard Baekhyun calling my name from the back. But before I could turn around, he link his arms around my neck, pinning me to him. He rest his chin on top of my left shoulder, drug me with his scent. I hold my breathe, freeze like a stone there.

 

"Miss me?" he asked, grinning.

 

Nope. Baekhyun, people are looking at us.

 

"Let them be. I don't really care," he says.

 

I'm trying to pull his arms away but Baekhyun keep on insisting to hold on me. I sigh, feeling uncomfortable. It's just that I think I'm playing it easy for him to get me. I like him, no I love him. I really do. But maybe, just a little bit of waiting could ensure what he really feels about me.

 

I parted his arms gently and Baekhyun stay still, following my action. I stand next to him and look away. Looking right through his eyes won't be a good thing to do. A fake smile appear on my face, trying to cheer the awkward atmosphere. I face him with my eyes fill with mixed feelings. 

 

So, how do you feel? Any better now?

 

Baekhyun is staring at me intensely. I know what he's thinking. He must be confuse by my weird behaviours. He press his lips together and force a smile. "I'm getting better. Don't worry," he convince.

 

I nod my head, walking next to him. We find ourselves sitting next to each other on a bench near the big round fountain. There's something about morning that get me to feel attach. The cold breeze, the birds singing, the flowers blossom and finding myself feeling good.

 

Baekhyun....

 

"Mmmm," he murmur while playing with his fingers.

 

Do you perhaps, still love your first love? I don't know how that question came out from my mouth. I'm not planning to ask about it now but later. Yes, later. Now is not the right time. And I guess, it's truly not the right time. After the sudden silence from him, my heart ache a little more. It's eating myself up. I'm aware of the consequences, if he might say yes then it must be it. 

 

Minutes passes, Baekhyun still hasn't respond to my words. I'm leaning towards, both hands on the bench supporting my body from falling like my tears hanging at the edge of my eyes. 

 

I stand up, stretching my body to distract myself from falling apart. I'm going home. I'll come back later and bring some clothes for you. A step further from him, never fail to torture me. More steps away from him, Baekhyun did't stop me from going. Maybe, he really wants me to go.

 

I close my eyes, biting my lips, feeling the bitterness flows in me. He need all the space and all the time to think. I should be thoughful. 

 

"Yuni!" he shout, stop me from walking any further. 

 

I open my eyes, tilt my head sideways, hand on my chest feeling the heart beating faster than the normal rate. A heavy sigh escape my lips. Take care, Baekhyun.

 

He should know that I can tolerate rejection as well............... but not silence treatment. 

 


 

Yes Baekhyun, no one can tolerate silene treatment!!!

Sorry for the delay update.

Anyway, I'm better now. My voice getting better :)

Hope u guys are doing great as well!

Annyeong~~~