Omma

Mute and Loud

 

I place my bag on the empty sit next to me. It’s time for her class. I don’t expect much and I don’t want to affect my studies because of her. And I’m very sure the lady standing at the front, pointing to a particular line on the whiteboard is the woman that Baekhyun in love with. But the thing that I’m not so sure about is, what am I going to do about it?

 

Usually, when a girl fall in love with a boy, and the boy fall in love with someone else, it happen to be that the girl will give up and not seek for any kind of chance. But, isn’t it sound too cliche? Perhaps, there is still chance because in the end, the hero of the story will always find his heroin. And I should give it a shot and try to fight for him.

 

But, how can I be so sure that I am the heroin is his life?

 

That is the part where I lost my ability to trust in fate.

 

“Lee Yuni, are you okay?”

 

I raise my head and make an eye contact with Victoria.

 

I startle, this is the first time she ever talk to me. “Yes, I’m ok Madame.”

 

“Then, you should pay attention a little bit. Go out and take five,” she says.

 

“No, I am really fine. I’ll pay at--”

 

“Please do as I say,” she order.

 

I nod my head and walk out of the class. I didn’t imagine our first conversation could turned out this way.

 


 

I don’t know how long I’ve been stuck in the library. Studying? Not exactly. Get work up on my assignment? Well, I don’t have any ideas to start with. And what am I doing, really?

 

I sigh, unintentionally.

 

“I should get home,” I murmur.

 

I pack my stuff and head out of the silence library with a burden resting on top of my shoulders.

 

Maybe Krystal was right. I should give Baekhyun time to sort his feelings out. It must be hard for him to face everything by himself. He was alone back then and the only thing that save him was basically, him.

 

Suddenly, my phone vibrate indicate that I’ve received a text message.

 

Yuni, let’s have dinner tonight. I mean, a dinner date. Meet me up at the gate. See you ^^

 

My cheeks blush. This is so sudden. I thought we aren’t in a good terms or maybe, I am the only one feeling it that way. And to be exact, he doesn’t know that I’ve found out his whole past from A to Z.

 

There is about 100 meters left before I reach the gate. I never felt this happy. My mind already plot out briefly regarding the words I’ll say, the questions I'll ask. It’s about time that I tell him everything that I know about him and Victoria. And I want to tell him that he can trust and lean on me. I will be there for him if he needs me.

 

My phone rings again, I pick up the call, expecting the caller is Baekhyun.

 

“Yoboseyo. Baekhyun, I’m almost th--”

 

“Yuni, it’s me. Omma.”

 

I gaps, losing my balance as my phone almost slip from my hand.

 

“W-w-who?” I startle.

 

“You must be wondering about a lot of things. Meet me at the cafe near your campus.”

 

The call ends.

 

Sorry Baekhyun. You need to wait a little bit longer.

 


 

I walk into the cafe as per mentioned. It’s a small cafe with a warm atmosphere. There isn’t many people in here. I bite my lower lips, trying to have my mental prepare for any kind of unexpected news. I deserve an explanation from her. She shouldn’t leave so suddenly at the first place.  And about those unknown guys who went into Baekhyun’s house, claiming that they know her.

 

But whatever happens, I want her back. I want my mother back. Even though she is just my step mother.

 

The corner of my eyes caught a sight of a very familiar lady, sitting at the corner of the cafe next to the wide window. I walk closer to her as I see her lips paler than usual, red eyes, and she looks thinner than she used to be.

 

Omma, how are you? I miss you.

 

Those words didn’t found it way out. I pull the chair in front of her and settle down.

 

She lift her face, and all I could see is her sad eyes.

 

“What happened?” I asks.

 

She force a smile, “You can talk? How’re you, Yuni?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

She laced her fingers around the mug handle, with shaky hand, she lift it up and take a sip.

 

“Omma, where have you been?”

 

“I’m fine too. You don’t have to worry about me,” she says, placing the mug back on the table.

 

“Let’s take you home. We can be like we used to be and put the past aside,” I try to talk her out.

 

“We don’t have a home anymore.”

 

“But we could make a new one. Omma, why did you ran away? And who were those guys you sent? What is actually happening right now?”

 

Finally, I can let out a relieve sigh to actually ask her about my curiosity.

 

She clear , taking a deep breathe seconds later. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what was I thinking back then. I-I-I love your father but he hurted me,” she statter.

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“Before he got married to your mother, we used to be in love. Then, when he met her, he left me. I couldn’t let it go easily. I’m not the person who give it up without a fight,” she says with heavy heart.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know,” I apologized. Even though I know it isn’t my fault.

 

“No, you don’t have to. After your mother died, your father and I got married. And I was the happiest woman alive. Things worked out the way I wanted to. And having such a young girl in our family is blissful,” she curved a smile.

 

“But…” she continued.

 

I stare at her intensely.

 

“I found out that your father didn’t love me. And my ex-hus--”

 

“Yuni!” I spin my head around towards the person who yelled out my name and found Tao standing there, breathless.

 

“Why’re you here?” I frown while standing up.

 

He turn his head to the side, eyes widen with mouth seal tight.

 

“Tao, do you know h--”

 

“Omma…” he gasp.

 

My mother look at Tao with lovely eyes. And the word that she said is something I didn’t expect to hear.

 

“Adeul.”

 


 

Omg, I know I made the story even more complicated.

But I'm a complicated writer. Well, I love to write stories with a lot of things in it. 

Why? Because I want the reader (which is you) to think and make a thousands of assumptions!

I love it when the person who read my story talk about  their thoughts of the story/chapters/flows.

It make me think as well and try to spice up the storyline.

Anyway, don't think too much. The next chapter will explained everything about Yuni, Tao and THEIR mother.

And thanks for supproting this fanfic~~~ 

EXO, saranghae <3 

Hahahah. I love you guys too.