Past

Mute and Loud

 

“Basically, it happened and Victoria was just following her heart,” Krystal say.

 

I place my bag on the empty chair next to me while Krystal pulled the chair in front of me. We sat down around the round table for two at the cafeteria. Half of my day was spent on listening to Baekhyun’s past and I’ve know a lot of things about him now.

 

“Yuni, you need to give him time.”

 

“I can’t. What if he couldn’t forget her? Should I give him even more time. This isn’t the first time he turn out this way,” I deny.

 

“No, listen to me. Did he changed before Victoria came? Did he hurt you before this?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“See. He loves you. It’s just that he hasn’t get over her yet.”

 

“I know. For the first and second time, I can still handle it but maybe I couldn’t be as strong as now for the third time,” I say.

 

Krystal sighed. “Give him another week. If he still can’t make up his mind, then, you may do what you want. But promise me. Whatever happens, listen to your heart.”

 

I bite my lower lips and nod my head. “Thank you for everything. I can’t ask for more.”

 

 


 

I stretch out my hands and open my eyes widely. My body feel numb. I was busy finishing my assignment, ended up sleeping on the table at the library. I turn my head to the side, staring out the windows. It’s already nighttime. I let out a sigh and starts packing up all my things into the backpack.

 

I walk out of the library while massaging my temple. It’s cold, making my headache even worst. I can feel the loneliness. I’m the only person who is still around the campus at late night. I glance at my watch, 8.30PM.

 

The silence is something I’m used to and it’s something I don’t want to be around with. But hey, you don’t have the right to choose, the silence chose me.

 

While I’m waiting for the bus, I sit quietly on the bench at the bus stop, staring blankly on the road. All of Krystal words whisper in my mind. Baekhyun sure went through a lot and I should consider his feelings.

 

“You do know that Baekhyun can read minds right?” Krystal ask, hugging his books tightly.

 

“Yes, I do. Actually, we met because of that.”

 

“When he was in middle school, he started to experience it. He can hear others’ thoughts. It was a tough gift for him to accept. Boys and girls started picking on him and the teachers are avoiding him because of the fact he could heard what he shouldn’t has,” she explain.

 

I look at her tensely. I don’t quite understand what all of those have to do with his relationship with Victoria.

 

“Everything changed during his first year in high school. He met Victoria. She was our science’s teacher and 7 years older than us. Victoria helped him. He regain his courage because of her. He started to cherish his gift and everything started to changed, Baekhyun was happy.”

 

Krystal stop briefly to breathe in.

 

“So, Baekhyun told me that he loved her and he did confessed. I thought she would said no because she is a lot older than him. But somehow, they ended up dating. It was a huge story at the school. Everyone was talking about both of them. Baekhyun and Victoria were a thing,” Krystal says.

 

“Then? What made them separated?”

 

“She had to get marry to my brother. I knew about this way before Baekhyun did. I wanted to tell him," I can feel regret in her shaky voice.

 

I frown, “What do you mean by that?”

 

“Victoria didn’t really love him. She felt pitied and all of those days when they were dating, she was in a relationship with my brother.”

 

I gasp.

 

“When he found out about it, he freaked out. Then, he told me that he wanted to kill himself through the phone and suddenly, he went missing for a whole month. Everyone was panicking. We looked for him each seconds, minutes and hours. Baekhyun has this habit of disappearing whenever he is having a hard time,” Krystal sit down on the bench near the park while I follow her, sitting next to her.

 

“So, how did you guys found him?”

 

“We didn’t. He found us. He went to his family’s house in the middle of the night, soaking wet.”

 

In the middle of the night? Soaking wet? It’s the same thing that happened a week ago.

 

“His mother tried to talk to him but it didn’t worked out. Then, he just simply zoned out. He didn’t talk, laugh or eat much until he met you.”

 

“M-M-Me? Why?” I startle.

 

“Because he found another way to use his ability. Don’t you get it, Yuni? He is like a lost kid. He just need someone to lean on. And you’re the one for him,” Krystal says.

 

“But I’m not the one he loves. I’m not for him. I will never be.”

 

Krystal take my hands and hold it tightly. She look into my eyes, “Have some faith. As a good friend of him and you, I want the best for both of you. It won’t be love if it didn’t hurt.”


I didn’t see any of these coming and I didn’t prepare to face it.

 


 

Yeay double update!!!

I don't know why but everything seems so right.

Miracles in December released on the right time, suitable for this chapter and the last chapter.

Since I already joint down everything briefly. I estimated there will be around 35-40 chapters.

Omg is it going to end so sooon? t.t

anyway, i wish d.o could have some high notes.

But still, I love that song <3

EXO, HWAITING :)