Grow Up

I'm Miss Manager

 

“erted” Chunji is standing still at the door looking at me at the laundry room.

I stare blankly at him, I was holding someone underwear at the moment.

He hissed and walks away.     ‘Am I that erted, I was just doing my job’ I sighed then continue to do the washing.

 I wipe my sweat, I’ve just finish the laundry on time, and I rush to pack lunch for the Teen Top member.

I knock on Chunji door, “I’ll wait inside the car, hurry up”

            “Kay” he answer shortly from inside.

 

I don’t take much time, soon I jump into the driver seat. I play ‘Miss Right’ while waiting for Chunji. I take my phone out,

  • you start a conversation with MUSTANG82

you         : I’ve something to tell everyone.

  •  you invited GANGJOE11,FULLLIPS12,OOMPH27 and WANNABESUN99 to the conversation

FULLLIPS12                  : What’s wrong Noona?

OOMPH27                   : Aren’t you going to pick me soon, hurry up Noona, I’m hungry!

you         : I’ll stop doing your inner wear laundry after this, please take responsibility.

MUSTANG82               : Why?

GANGJOE11                : What do you mean by that?

OOMPH27                   : Noona, I’m hungry. Hurry up.

WANNABESUN99        : Noona don’t want to take care of our ‘’! LOL

MUSTANG82               : Hello Kitty! (Laughing till I drop from the chair)

  •  you left the conversation

FULLLIPS12                  : Yah! You guys make Noona angry!

GANGJOE11                : Say hello to laundry room!

WANNABESUN99        : Haven’t been there for a while.

MUSTANG82               : It must be the ‘Hello Kitty’ Guy job!

FULLLIPS12                : It’s his fault!

OOMPH27                   : He must pay…

WANNABESUN99        : Revenge.

GANGJOE11                : LOL

 

            “lalalalalala…lalalalalala…lalalalalalala…” I sing along to the song. Chunji open the door at the passenger sit. I quickly stop humming.

He stares at me while the song keeps on playing.

Chunji kill the song, he lean back to the chair, “Wake me up when we arrive at the radio station” Chunji close his eye.

I drive safely to the radio station. I stare to the young man sleeping quietly.

Eunhye hesitated to wake Chunji. ‘How should I wake him up?’

            “Chunji, wake up” I don’t yell, afraid that I might surprise him.

Eunhye wanted to tap his shoulder a bit, but her hand stop in the mid air.

‘I have to wake him up’

I tap his shoulder gently while calling him, “Wake up Chunji, we’ve arrive”

Slightly he opens his eye and I quickly distance myself from him.

Still trying to fight the sleepiness Chunji walk out from the car and he walk quickly to the building, then I drive to Niel, Ricky and Changjo they are recording for Dream Team that day.

 

I’ve arrive right when they are having break for lunch.

            “Noona! Hurry up… I’m so hungry” Ricky drag me to their spot near the river, its cold under the tree.

We enjoy our lunch before they participate for another game after that.

 

I rush to pick CAP and L.Joe. Both of them are featuring with 4 Minute group latest albums. I smile when I think about L.Joe and Sohyun because they can spend time together.

I walk into the recording room, I saw them in there.

            “Now they are recording the song” the 4 Minute manager updated me with the info. I nod my head.

L.Joe notices me, he waves both of his hand towards me and he is smiling to his ears.

I smile back, he must be happy that Sohyun is standing right beside him.

Before I notice it, they has finally ended the recording, we thanks everyone and quickly leave the building, I don’t realize that L.Joe has drag Sohyun with him.

            “Noona, this is Sohyun” L.Joe introduce her to me, I can see he hold Sohyun hand tightly.

I almost chuckle looking at him.

            “Hello Eunhye Unnie, nice to meet you, I’m Sohyun” she bows to me.

            “Yes, Hello Sohyun-shi” I smile.

            “Please take care of me” she smiles cutely.

Eunhye nod her head and smile back, CAP jump into the passenger seat next to Eunhye, he look tired.

            “Your car arrive, be careful,” L.Joe talks softly to her.

Sohyun nods, they can’t let each other go. Sohyun say her goodbye and slowly walk to the car park behind them.

 

I quickly drive to pick Niel, Ricky and Changjo because they have just finished their recording. I look into the mirror, L.Joe seem down too.

Right after she pick up everyone, they all fall asleep in the car while Eunhye drive carefully to their home.

The boys leave the car as Eunhye answer the phone.

I smiles while talking to person calling, “Yes, I understand. See you in a bit” Eunhye ended the conversation.

I check my watch, Chunji still have two hours of recording before I pick him up. I drive to MBC building while I turn on the radio.

Chunji is a DJ in a radio show, he talk happily to the guest, once in a while he laughs with them. I smile, he won’t talk nicely to me, and I won’t even hear his laugh when I’m around. But at least when he don’t notice I’m there he will be joking around with the other member.

Somehow, I really like Chunji voice and it really fit his nickname the voice that covers the heavens and the earth. The meaning is quite funny at first… but his voice is really soothing.

I sit in the meeting room with people in charge for the reality show ‘We Got Married’. After introducing ourselves, they talk about the program and then they start to talk about the boys.

            “We are interested to add one of your boys in our show and Teen Top has gain much popularity lately”

I nod my head.

            “But, we haven’t actually come into any decision and we want to consult with you about which of them that should be in our show”

            “Are you eyeing on one of them?” I ask them, looking by the smile on their face, I’m sure they have someone in mind.

            “Chunji or L.Joe, or the leader CAP, we wanted all six of them, but I don’t think we can handle that” they laugh and I join in.

‘Yes, what will the Angel think this kind of show…? ’

 Then we continue to talk about each of the boy character and evaluate them if they fit the theme of WGM.

After long discussion we wrap up the meeting, they are giving me some time before deciding who would join the show before they can take the next step. I excuse myself and promise to give my answer as soon as possible.

 

Phones keep ringing in the dorm, CAP wake up to see who’s calling. The others wake up to.

            “It’s Chunji” CAP read the name on his phone screen.

            “Ignore him” Niel say.

The others nod and continue to dreamland.

I’ve notice my phone is dead and I come in the car and quickly charge it.

‘I still have a bit of time before…’ I look at my phone, miscall for Chunji and a few unread message. With faster heartbeat I tap my phone.

I turn pale white, Chunji wanted me to fetch him earlier, and he ended the recording faster that day, as he has vocal training in the company.

I quicken my pace. I drive quickly to the radio station.

Chunji come in quietly in the car, without saying anything I drive to T.O.P Media building.

While I wait for the traffic light, I stole a glance at him. Chunji is looking straight at me, I have gotten use to his piercing stare, but today its look different and I feel my side burn by his look.

We finally reached the building, he walk fast toward the recording room, and somehow I catch him by his hand.

Chunji turn to see me. “I-I’m really sorry” I apologize for my lateness.

He looks at my hand touching his, and I quickly let his hand go.

            “I’m really sorry and I don’t know you have other schedule today”

            “Don’t make excuses, you are our manager. Can’t you handle everything?”

            “B-but…”

Chunji push me to the wall and walk away. I look at his backside. ‘I guess, nothing would make him accept me’

            “Yoon Eunhye-shi”

Sunbae Jo is looking at me with her eagle eye. “Come into the office now”

Slowly I drag myself into the management staff office, I normally didn’t come in because of the staring and constant whispering really bugs me a lot.

I really wanted to hide myself and her staring is killing me softly.

            “I guess you are not going along with Chunji”

            “We have small miscommunication, that’s all”

She hissed, she leans to her chair, and look again at me.

            “You better watch out Eunhye-shi, Even though Sajangnim is on your side but if one of the members of Teen Top can’t work with you, he has to change the manager right?”

            “I understand”

Before I leave the office, they pass me the scheduled for next week that has to be approved by the boss, our Sajangnim Mr Andy Lee.

 

I take the lift to the 4th floor. “You look down Eunhye-shi” Miss Kim Boyong, Andy Lee secretary greet me.

            “Ah, Boyong-shi… I’m okay, this is the scheduled for next week” I put the folder on her desk.

She smile, and I smile back… “Wait, Sanjangnim wanted to meet you, can you wait for him in the office”

            “Did he look angry or something?”

Boyong chuckle, “No, don’t worry… maybe he has something to talk about Teen Top”

I nod my head and walk into the office then I sit on the sofa while I wait for him.

Eunhye nearly fall asleep when Andy Lee comes into the room.

            “Hello Sajangnim” I stand up and bow to him.

He laughs and takes a sit on the other sofa, “Come on, don’t be so polite with me, call me Oppa would you?”

            “Well, it’s weird... You’re my boss”

            “There is no one around, it’s okay to call me Oppa, I’m your boss Eunhye, and you better follow what I ask you” he threats me with his word.

Without any further argument, “Right, Andy Oppa”

Andy smile, “See, it’s not that hard… so how are you going with the boys?”

            “Well, I’m still standing”

He laughs, “You can do it, don’t worry”

            “Oppa, Shinhwa new song is really good, I love it!” I show him two thumbs up.

He laughs again.

We talk a little bit more before I excuse myself, it’s getting darker outside. Till this day I sometime wonder, from hundred applications why did he choose me? That’s really made Sunbae Jo mad with me till this day too, I’ve heard people say that she has been aiming to be Teen Top manager.

I shake away all the thought, quickly I get into the car, and Chunji has been waiting in the car too. Chunji is giving me one of his infamous silent treatment and death glare. I ignore him and drive safely home.

 

As I’m getting off the elevator, “I’m really sorry, I work harder to be Teen Top Manager” then I ran out before the elevator door close.

 

  • MUSTANG82 start a conversation with you

MUSTANG82       : Are we on tonight?

ypu : Sure, I'm still preparing though, how the plan again?

MUSTANG82      : We are keeping them busy for now, later Noona come and take them  out while we

                              finish up the surprise.

you : Roger.

 

I set the food on the table, we have been preparing for tonight since last night. “Well, I think I’m set” the cake is on the table, the fresh cream is ready, the fruit is cut and the other have to make it beautiful.

‘They’ll do fine with decoration’

And I’m set to go to their dorm

  • you start a conversation with MUSTANG82,GANGJOE11,FULLIPS12

you         : I'm going down now

GANGJOE11               : We are set.

FULLIPS12                  : Yes Noona.

 

            “Hey guys” I called for them.

It’s quite in the dorm, it a rare scene.

            “Noona!” Ricky comes running from his room.

            “What happen? Where is everybody?”

            “The Hyung are ignoring me, they are so means… I’m so bored and we slept a lot in the afternoon, I don’t know what to do now”

Changjo quietly get out from his room to. “Chunji Hyung is in bad mood”

I pity Changjo.

            “Well, do you want to skate tonight? I’m going to the store for a while, so could you guys come with me?”

            “Really?” asked both of them.

            “Yes, hurry up… lets go”

            “Assa!” they grab their skateboard and the three of us play outside, the other come to my place and prepare the cake and decorate the place for the party.

 

            “I forget my camera upstairs” L.Joe runs to the dorm to grab his camera.

            “How to set this thing up” Chunji look confuse setting up the phone to project the video.

            “Niel, close the light”

The video is playing on the white wall, “Okay, it’s playing well”

            “We are ready, I better call Noona” CAP take his phone and called Eunhye.

 

The three of us are playing in a park near the dorm.

            “Noona, you can do it”

            “No, don’t let go of me”

            “Wa-wait! I’m going to fall!” as soon they let go of my hand, the skate roll forward, and I sat on the cement floor.

            “Are you okay Noona?” Changjo look at me with a sorry look.

            “I think I am” they help me to stand on my feet.

‘It hurt a bit’ I cried inside.

            “Noona, your phone rings”

While I answer the phone, the two kid run towards the skate.

            “Ricky! Changjo! Let’s go home” I called for both of them. I walk first and in no time they catch me.

            “Noona, are you okay… you look hurt” Ricky look at me curiously.

            “Yeah, a bit, don’t worry”

 

We got into the elevator, “Do you want to eat some ice cream at my place?” I ask both of them.

They nod their head fast, with a smile on their face.

            “Eh, why is it so dark in your house?” we carefully get in.

            “I’ll check it out, sit in the living room first” I drag them and seated them in the living room.

            “I’ll go with you” Ricky wanted to get up from his seat.

I push him down, “No, it’s okay, wait here”

Carefully I walk in the dark, I trample on something but someone catch me before I fell.

“Go to your room and change to your dress” I heard L.Joe voice.

The video project at the white wall, its showing our preparation from last night till today and short message congratulate the maknae into adulthood, they are going to be 19 this year.

            “I’m Bang Minsoo, as the oldest in the house, reminding you guys that you are adult and for that you would be responsible for your own action” CAP laughs at his words.

            “No, I really mean it guys. But… still… what important is now we all can get out and drink together legally!” he cheers and the other laugh and drag him to the back.

            “I really mean it about being responsible though!” he screams from the back.

The video stop playing. I walk with the cake and the candle is enlightening the surrounding. “Happy Adulthood Day Yoo Changhyun and Choi Jonghyun”

They blow down the candle and the light is turn on.

            “Thanks for preparing all thing” Ricky get teary eye.

They just laugh it out, “Really, I was thinking that hyung hate us, been treating us cold this week”

            “Come on kid, we won’t hate you” CAP drag Ricky and he ruffle Ricky hair playfully.

            “Lets celebrate”

We eat, we play and we dance.

            “Noona, we get our roses and perfumes, so… where is our kiss?” Ricky winks at me cutely.

            “Kiss?” I look at him blankly.

            “Yah! Ricky! Seriously?! It’s not fair!” Niel throw the pillow at him.

            “If Ricky gets it, I will too… right Noona?” Changjo ask me.

            “Come on Noona, kiss. Kiss” CAP is encouraging them.

I stare angrily at CAP and his just chuckle happily.

            “Kiss. Kiss. Kiss. Kiss” they are chanting, I try to search for Chunji, and he is sitting far from us, enjoying the cake, ignoring anything else. ‘Why am I afraid of what he thinks anyway?’

            I put my finger on my lips, “Shhhhh… should I kiss both of you, or you want to kiss me? Both of you has to choose the same thing” I smile playfully.

Changjo and Ricky are whispering to each other.

            “It not fair, not fair” Niel is sobbing at CAP.

            “Cant we get both Noona?” Ricky asks.

            “What about you guys kiss each other?”

Ricky shakes his head and the two went back to their discussion.

I look at L.Joe, he is laughing at me “What are you laughing about?”

            “Nothing Noona,”

            “You’re thinking about asking Sohyun a kiss for your birthday present aren’t you?”

L.Joe look at me with wider eye, and then he blush, “Noooo… it’s not what… I’m…”

Eunhye chuckle looking at L.Joe reaction, ‘he’s so cute’

When I’m not expecting, Ricky and Changjo surprise me with a kiss on my cheeks and L.Joe not missing the moment he capture it with his camera.

            “Thanks for taking care of us Noona!” they giggle happily and run to play with each other.

I was caught by their action, taking things a bit slower… “L.Joe, did you take the picture” I’m still trying to process everything. L.Joe nods his head.

            “Delete it, what will happen if the picture got online, what the fan will say”

            “They know that you’re our manager Noona, don’t worry. I won’t put this online”

L.Joe continues to take other picture. If anyone get a hold of the memory card, the fans will be thrill and shock or angry at the same time. Who would know?

            “Do you want me to kiss you Niel?”

            “No! Keep away from me you old erted”

            “Yah! I’m not old! Come here you!” Niel don’t wait and he runs away from CAP.

‘They are going to have their head hurt tomorrow’ I shake my head looking at them.

 

Ricky and Changjo are sleeping soundlessly on the floor. CAP and Niel fainted on the sofa next to each other. We put blanket on them. That leaves me with L.Joe and Chunji to do the cleaning.

While I was busy in the kitchen, washing the plate and cup. L.Joe and Chunji fall asleep in the living room.

I finish the cleaning and cover them with blanket too. I close the light and walk to my room.

Before I close my door, I stare at them for a while.

‘Grow up and be fantastic Teen Top’