Her & His Story

I'm Miss Manager

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj272/teru_photo/HISHERS_zps7bafe044.jpg?t=1391629200             

                 Finally a hard earn holiday is given to them, they has been busy since morning packing up to go back to their hometown. Its been awhile. She drive everyone home and at the end of the night she finally arrive at her place, she dive quickly into her bed and before she could even change she fall into deep sleep. Eunhye toss around in her bed, she’s having one of her bad dream, her face twitch and squint like she’s having pain.

                It was a nice day, the weather are good. Eunhye continue to load the flower into the van. The manager helps her out too, “That’s the last one, can you drive alone” she asks as she slides the door close.

                “I’ll be alright, don’t worry” Eunhye hop into the driver seat

                “Okay, be careful” she wave her hand as Eunhye drive away to the big road. There is no traffic, swiftly she make her way to the hotel. When she finishes deliveries, she quickly made her way to the shop. But she stops at the convenient store first to grab some banana milk and bun.

                “Ah! It’s refreshing!” she’s been whining to get banana milk since a few days ago.

She takes a shortcut way to the shop, she drive carefully thru the neighbourhood. Eunhye gulp down the last bit of her banana milk and suddenly something shining so bright blinding her sight and bam, she had an impact and everything when pitch black.

 A vehicle have hit and run another car, the car swing and hit Eunhye van. The neighbourhood is quite, its take a while for people to even notice there an accident have happen.

Eunhye slowly come to her sense, she opens her eye and she doesn’t really know what happen, when she tries to open her door it got stuck. The passenger side get hit really bad, she’s lucky she’s driving alone that day. Eunhye use her leg to push open the door as she careful not to be cut by the scatter glass from the broken window.

Eunhye breath hardly, trying to calm herself, she doesn’t feel well herself. Eunhye notice a car by her van and there someone inside. She tries calling the person for a few times, but there no respond. Eunhye look around to find help, but there no luck, no one around. She sees that the person inside is still breathing. She pulls the door open and carefully takes the man with him.

                “Harabeoji, hang in there… I’ll bring you to the hospital” she doesn’t even think and quickly carry the grandfather on her back and she run with her last strength to the nearest clinic, people are looking at them curiously, she’s lucky the clinic is just a few block away.

                “We had an accident” the nurse helps to get the grandfather on the stretcher and right after that Eunhye collapsed on the floor.

                “Called the doctor, she’s open her eye” Eunhye heard the man voice, she struggle to open her eye, the doctor come running to check on her.

                “Hi, how do you feel” the doctor ask.

                “Fine” she answers.

The doctor ask the other in her room to leave the room while she continue to check on Eunhye, she’s been in a coma state for a few days, and she’s having a short memory loss due to the accident she had.

                “Eunhye-shi, you really don’t remember what happen to you”

Eunhye shake her head again slowly.

“Well, you’re in good shape and your amnesia might be temporally, but come for check every month okay and if you’re head feel hurt, come to the hospital quickly”

Eunhye nod her head, “Okay I’ll be going, take you medicine and I’ll release you tomorrow” the doctor smile to Eunhye and she talk to her nurse to take care of her.

                “Oh, by the way Eunhye-shi, the Harabeoji you save really wanted to see you, when you’re feeling better go and check him in ward 3A, okay” and then she take her leave.

Eunhye quickly gulp her medicine down, “Nurse, do you know how is the Harabeoji condition?”

                “He had a few bone fractures. Lee Harabeoji will take time to heal, but... he’s just fine… thank to you”

‘Really’ she talks to herself. It’s all fuzzy, Eunhye doesn’t even remember a thing about saving a life or she had an accident.

The nurse looking at her that is so out of place, “Eunhye-shi, don’t worry. Get a little rest and I’ll come again for dinner”

                “Okay” the medicine is taking control over her body, her eyelid slowly falling. She just wakens up why did she feel so sleepy, “Thank nurse” she mumbles and then quietly she dozes to dreamland.

A visit to the doctor room earlier in the morning before she can get out of the hospital, Eunhye is question about her life.

                “I’ve recorded everything, come next month for another check up” the doctor reminded her. Eunhye thank her and take her way out.

She makes her way to ward 3A to visit the grandfather. She knock and a woman voice tell her to come in.

                “Its Eunhye-shi, come in please” the older women call for her, she shyly walk nearing the bed, the older man is having lunch, he smile to her “Eunhye-shi, are you going out today” he ask. Eunhye nod politely to him.

                “Thank you very much for taking Harabeoji to the clinic quickly”

The older women take Eunhye hand in hers. “I’m sorry, I don’t really remember anything”

                “Its okay, but Harabeoji remember, the hospital staff has tell me everything and if you don’t take me I might has died to blood loss”

                “Thank you for paying the bills, I’ll pay back as soon as possible” then Eunhye bow politely to them.

                “No, you don’t have to Eunhye-shi. It’s just a small amount compared to your deeds” the older women hold her hand tightly.

                “Anyone would have done that too, it’s an obligation right” Eunhye smile warmly.

She promise to come and visit again as Lee Harabeoji has ask.

                Yoon Eunhye, she’s been alone since a long time ago. She’s raise in an orphanage, the one that she call mother was the orphanage manager, but she also left when Eunhye in her college years. Since then she’s been missing the warmness of a family. Eunhye doesn’t get along with people easily but she doesn’t feel lonely just sometimes when she’s alone, it hit her like a typhoon and she’d be crying a river.

                Lee Harabeoji treats her like she’s his own grandchild, and having Lee Harabeoji family around fills the emptiness, she is blessed.

                The flower shop has hired another worker because Eunhye hasn’t been able to drive, she’s having trouble sitting behind the wheel, traumatized maybe, even though she haven’t remember anything about the incident.

                “Its cant be helped, I should find another work fast, the shop won’t be able to pay for me” and before the month ended Eunhye quickly resign from the flower shop. She’s been working in the convenient store part time, maybe she should ask if there’s an opening for a full timer.

                Eunhye yawn as she walk thru the busy morning street, she just ended her night shift at the store, now she headed home for a rest. Her phone vibrates in her pocket, she smile brightly looking at call id, its Lee Harabeoji.

                “Hello Eunhye” he greets her.

                “Hello Lee Harabeoji, how are you”

                “I’m getting better, by the way… I’m calling because I wanted to invite you to join us to the beach this weekend”

Eunhye doesn’t answer right away.

                “I would love if you join to Eunhye, everyone is hoping you to join too” Lee Harabeoji try to persuade her. Then Eunhye shyly agree.

                In the weekends the Lee family come and pick up Eunhye, they are going to spend the summer at the beach. This is not the first time Eunhye meeting them, but there are few new faces that Eunhye hasn’t meet yet.

She put on a white shirt over her bikini, it’s not that she doesn’t have nice figure, but she’s shy to show it to anyone. Eunhye spend her time in the sea playing water game with Lee Harabeoji grandchildren.

Not too far from them someone is sitting under the shade with Lee Harabeoji daughter, “So, that’s her, can you make up your mind now?” she ask the young man sitting next to her.

                “Eomma isn’t this too much. I’ve said no before. Why are you trying to force me with her?”

                “It your Harabeoji wishes, can’t you just go with it”

                “But,” she cut his word, “No but, don’t you love your Harabeoji?”

He turn his sight from looking at Eunhye to his mother, “Mom, you know how much I love Harabeoji, but this seem a bit crazy”

She quite down, thinking of something, “Come on mom, I don’t have a lot of free time like this” He hug his mom hoping that she’ll forget about it.

                “Yes, I know… but, Chanhee-ah… Harabeoji will ask you later and I hope you give him a better answer” she pats his arm lightly.

He sighs out and kisses his mother cheek, “I’ll try Eomma”

                Eunhye finish helping the kids ready for dinner, while they leave the room Eunhye finally get a time to clean herself up. While she was in the bathroom, Chanhee come in without knowing that someone is still in the room. He tries to find the charger for his phone. Then he heard water running in the bathroom.

                “Kid! Where is the…”

                “Yah!!!” she throws her white shirt to his face, it’s on reflex, and she doesn’t even see who has opened the door. Luckily she’s still wearing her bikini. Quickly she locks the bathroom door.

Without finishing his word, he gets thrown out by the white shirt.

                “Who are you?” Eunhye ask without opening the bathroom door.

                “I’m sorry, I thought one of the kids is taking shower, I’m Harabeoji grandson”

She is relived that he is not some kind of ert.

                “Okay, thanks… I’ve got the charger, I’m going first”

                “Okay”

                Right after the dinner, Eunhye enjoy a walk with Lee Harabeoji. She holds on Lee Harabeoji arm as he still need help to walk around.

                “How was today Eunhye-ah”

Eunhye smile brightly to him, “I love today very much”

                “Yes, it feel good to spend time with family right”

Eunhye nod her head, agreeing “Even though I never experience this kind of feeling, but I think I do like it”

                “What do you think about having a big family?” they walk slowly while they are engage in the conversation.

                “Well… I think… I’m not just Yoon Eunhye, but I’m also a cute and loving granddaughter to my grandparent, sometime a spoil daughter to mother and father, maybe a cheeky niece to uncle and auntie, a good friend to same age relative and cool Unnie or Noona to my younger siblings. I think that’s a big family for me. I don’t live for myself but for everyone in my family” she smile, “but I don’t think that possible now” she try to smile brightly than before, but she get teary eye suddenly. Eunhye turn her head and rub her tears quickly.

Lee Harabeoji pats her hand, “Nothing is impossible Eunhye-ah, don’t worry” and the Lee Harabeoji tell her the story of his love story to cheer her up, and he knows Eunhye love hearing his story. After an hour walk they finally headed to the hotel. Upon arriving the kids grab Eunhye to the karaoke room.

                Late that night, “Lee Chanhee, I guess you know what Harabeoji is going to talk about”

He nods his head, “Chanhee-ah, I’m really not going to rush you in making the decision, but I really hope that you grant my only wish”

He tries not to look at his grandfather.

                “I know this sound out of mind, but I fell really grateful and because of me she had that accident and she might lose her memory forever.  When that really happens I hope someone can take care of her, she doesn’t have anyone else”

                “I understand Harabeoji”

                “Please, before I’m death, marry her. It is my last wish to you”

Chanhee grabs Lee Harabeoji hand, “Please don’t say that Harabeoji, you will lifelong and even see my children”

Lee Harabeoji pat Chanhee hand that holding into his, “With your work I don’t think I can even wait that long. Will you grant my wish” he asks again.

                “Harabeoji please give me some time to think about it. Please”

Lee Harabeoji pats his back slowly, comforting Chanhee.